Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop & Scan Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

I got the email too even though on the app on Saturday it told me my barcodes were transmitted successfully. Ah well, I'll transmit again and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nannyq

got same email. bit of a pain though, seems to be happening on a regular basis :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

I got the email too even though on the app on Saturday it told me my barcodes were transmitted successfully. Ah well, I'll transmit again and see what happens

Some people managed fine, so I'm sure you'll be grand. They were adding the points regardless.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got a call back on the 600->540 points change that happened years ago and I never bothered querying.

Apparently 600 is now for 4+ member households and 540 is for smaller ones. I've always been in a smaller one. This is only the points for ye-olde scanner not the clicker/upload points setup that a lot of people are on now.

I want to ditch my phone line so changing to the clicker - the SIM card/GPRS based scanners are no longer available. Forgot to ask if the birthday/anniversary/Christmas bonuses are still there on it but its a marginally higher potential earn-out anyway at 104/106 a year rather than (5.40*12)+36 anyway even if they aren't.

Is that weekly points? ^^

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Monthly on the old system

L1011 wrote: »
    Monthly on the old system

On the new clicker system you will get 200 a week (60 for receipt/140 for transmitting.), we are a 2 person household.

So you definitely want to change

But do you get the Christmas, Birthday and signup anniversary bonuses? Those come to 3600 a year on ye-olde system; which almost but not entirely covers the difference.

I'll also save at least 36 quid a year getting rid of my phone line anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

Gormal wrote: »
    On the new clicker system you will get 200 a week (60 for receipt/140 for transmitting.), we are a 2 person household.

So you definitely want to change

How do you transmit? Are you uploading via internet, or do you need a phone line?

Via the internet, I've not had a phone line for over 10 years

• Advertisement

But do you get the Christmas, Birthday and signup anniversary bonuses? Those come to 3600 a year on ye-olde system; which almost but not entirely covers the difference.

I'll also save at least 36 quid a year getting rid of my phone line anyway

I get 1000 sign up anniversary, 600 birthday, and the Christmas bonus seems to vary from 500 up. Then there are the questionnaire bonuses and newsletter comps, as well as the chance to win in the monthly draw. I've had 3450 extra points with the extras this year (includes Xmas bonus from last year as it's paid in Jan) And that doesn't include any monthly draw wins.

I get 1000 sign up anniversary, 600 birthday, and the Christmas bonus seems to vary from 500 up. Then there are the questionnaire bonuses and newsletter comps, as well as the chance to win in the monthly draw. I've had 3450 extra points with the extras this year (includes Xmas bonus from last year as it's paid in Jan) And that doesn't include any monthly draw wins.

On the old system, I get the following

540 points per month: 540 * 12 = 6,480
    Birthday: 600
    Christmas: 1000 (if scan over Christmas)
    Total: 10,080

This does not include any draws (which I've never won), surveys, competitions, etc.

Are we better off being on the newer system?
    - my household is 2 parents, 1 child

I get 2000 for signup anniversary, 1000 Christmas and 600 birthday; albeit that might be because I've been doing this forever.

I get 2000 for signup anniversary, 1000 Christmas and 600 birthday; albeit that might be because I've been doing this forever.

Thanks, edited my post. I too get 2000 points sign up anniversary and 1000 Christmas points (I think that's broken down as 500 for Christmas & an additional 500 points if continue to scan over the Christmas period)

So my monthly mailout is now formatted as if I'm on the clicker even though said device has not yet arrived; and mentions a Christmas bonus of up to 700; 500 for Christmas and 200 for making sure to transmit on the weekend after Christmas.

I presume this means I've been ported over.

Thank you for your valuable contribution to the panel.

At the moment our website, www.shopandscan.ie, is out of service for some routine maintenance.

You can still transmit your barcodes, but you will not be able to submit your till receipts. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience. Please hang on to your receipts for now and you will be able to submit them when the website is back up and running. Your till receipt points will not be affected.

Please continue to transmit as normal.

Over this time, you will not have access to your rewards account to order vouchers online. You can still place orders for physical vouchers by contacting the rewards helpdesk on Freephone 1800 818 517. Please note that the lines will be busy so there may be some wait time. You can also order by emailing the rewards team at enquiries@shopandscan.com.

In the meantime, we are working on alternative solutions for you to order e vouchers. We will be in touch when we have an alternative available.

Again, we apologise sincerely for the inconveniences this may cause you.

We will be in touch with you again as soon as our site is back up and running.

Email just now

Just got that same email, seems like every second week they've been having some kind of problem lately so fingers crossed this fixes it all

They say it's fixed now.

However some people still can't upload receipts.

I do mine Sat/Sun

Clicker login is claiming my details (which clearly haven't changed) are incorrect - anyone else able to get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭rameire

Clicker login is claiming my details (which clearly haven't changed) are incorrect - anyone else able to get in?

Did mine at 5pm and it went in ok.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Can't send with the clicker, the same thing coming up as what happened the last few Sunday nights, will try again tomorrow.

They had an issue which is supposedly resolved now

Anyone got a transmission issue this week?

Gormal wrote:

Mine went through no bother at about 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Not this week

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rainbow76

Sorry if this has been answered already! I did look back but can’t see anything on recent pages. I rejoined before Christmas and got scanner but I use an apple MacBook and can’t seem to download the software. I did manage to on an old pc upstairs in kids room but it is a pain to use as so old and slow. Before I email is there a way round for apple or am I being a bit thick

Software is Windows only.

Mine is working now and was able to transmit, regardless of the crappy bogband.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 laura 86

I got my scanner today and made a mistake... Forgot to scan organic and packaging ect and now I cant transmit. Any idea how to start over and maybe wipe. Memory on the scanner?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I don't think that would stop you from transmitting. I often make a mistake or two when scanning, e.g. scan 'no offer' then remember that it was on special offer so I scan 'price offer' straight after as well. You can't as far as I know, do anything to the memory on the scanner. Probably best to contact them about the transmitting issues.

Advertisement