Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super League 2014

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Creeby

Watched Wigan v Leeds from the weekend last night..

Am I the only one who gets adrenaline pumping through me watching a first half like that?

As a Saints fan you can probably tell what I was thinking and I actually stopped watching when Wigan started to pull away but all credit to them, there were some serious hits and great defense in general.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

How much of a plank is Gareth Hock

48 mins on the clock 12-0 up, would you take the two if you got a penalty near enough to the posts now if you were Wigan ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ffs any team to get nil deserve a kick in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

So London Broncos are relegated which is likely to see the end of a long, drawn-out and ultimately fruitless attempt to establish top flight RL in the capital. A sad day for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    So London Broncos are relegated which is likely to see the end of a long, drawn-out and ultimately fruitless attempt to establish top flight RL in the capital. A sad day for the game.

Big loss to the league imo

Return of Joel Tomkins tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Return of Joel Tomkins tonight

Will be interesting to see how he gets on after four or however many years he's been away kicking and clapping.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on after four or however many years he's been away kicking and clapping.

Think it said on screen last game was play-off semi-final defeat to Helens in 2011 so nigh on three years now with the lard asses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Cant believe bradford beat leeds last night!!!!

• Advertisement

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Cant believe bradford beat leeds last night!!!!

Crazy, don't think Bradford will be away from the Super League for more than one season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Three upsets this last week for the top three, Wigan lose to Bulls, Leeds lose to Bulls and Saints lose to the early birds, still all to play for for top spot and the race for the playoffs still looks undecided between the Robins and the Vikings. Good stuff all round.

Faing wrote: »
    Three upsets this last week for the top three, Wigan lose to Bulls, Leeds lose to Bulls and Saints lose to the early birds, still all to play for for top spot and the race for the playoffs still looks undecided between the Robins and the Vikings. Good stuff all round.

Has to be some stewards enquiry ref the bulls though? Will come back up next year for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

The Bulls may be back,if their top players aren't cherrypicked.(Imho)

WakeyTyke wrote: »

They are looking to bounce straight back by the look of it (which is a massive surprise to me too) They have signed Richie Mathers on 2 year deal and have a few other decent signings lined up, almost have more players already in their squad for next season than they started this season with.

Travelling support apart, I doubt the attendance will be much different, certainly not with home support numbers (because there wasn't very many of them to start with).

Actually excited, at least until reality kicks in.

Richie Mathers is an excellent signing with a wealth of experience, a good team man that will help younger players.

A few more shrewd signings like that and London will certainly be challenging to bounce straight back up.

bit of trouble post game today by all accounts, few widnes fans ran on pitch throwing stuff at cas fans

Saw over the presenters shoulders there was a bit of trouble. Didn't think it was much though.

• Advertisement

Saw over the presenters shoulders there was a bit of trouble. Didn't think it was much though.

Certainly has social media buzzing. :(

This does not sit well with the family-based sport tag. Unfortunately I am old enough to remember the 'bad old days' of crowd trouble in the '70's and how badly it affected attendances.

This hooligan element must be banished from the game ASAP.

Not great viewing...nowhere near as bad as the hull incident that happened in the cup at huddersfield a few years back though??

Actually quite emotional. The Broncos have won a game. Came from 22 points down to beat the Rhinos 40 -36. Admittedly Leeds under strength but I don't care!

London Broncos coach Joey Grima:
    "I know Leeds had players missing today but they still had a quality team out there, and to come back like that is hard to believe.
    "Given the season we have had, to produce a performance like that takes some doing.
    "If I'm totally honest, I am pretty emotional about it all. There's a great atmosphere in the dressing room, although most of the players don't actually know the words to any victory songs."

Leeds coach Brian McDermott:
    "I know people think we do not care about the league because of the Challenge Cup, but that is absolutely not true.
    "In fact, if we miss out on top spot because of this game I will be very disappointed.
    "There were individual errors out there today that are totally unacceptable - we did not play badly as a team, but there were too many mistakes from players.
    "Credit to London though. They did not go away and that says a lot after the long, hard season they have had.

Advertisement