Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Got myself one of these. Wireless charging would be nice, but until android auto is wireless too, it's not complete.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33026908967.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Seems to be quiet a few ioniqs coming in the market now second hand will the prices drop much in the new year due to the new model?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,709 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hard to say. A lot of cars in Ireland are bought with finance (PCP) and a lot of the early Ioniqs will be 3 years old in the first half of 2020, so the PCP is up. No idea what the people are going to change them for, or just buying them from the finance company at the guaranteed value.

Pretty much all EVs are keeping their value well, there's not much supply of reasonable value new model EVs next year, so I can't really see any EV in general, or classic Ioniq in particular, dropping in value much next year.

Cheapest Ioniq on DD is a white, 3 owner, higher than average mileage one for €21k, still quite strong money

unkel wrote: »
    Cheapest Ioniq on DD is a white, 3 owner, higher than average mileage one for €21k, still quite strong money

Love the ad. "LOW MILAGE" lol.

Would they ever remove the stickers from the boot of the car.

Cheapest Ioniq on AutoTrader is GBP20.5k. Very strong money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Cheapest Ioniq on AutoTrader is GBP20.5k. Very strong money.

I wouldnt look at AT solely.

Go direct.

https://used.hyundai.co.uk/model-search/Hyundai/all-models/page1?manufacturer=22&allow_no_price=1&radius=200&model=2760

17,995 GBP

That's a hybrid dude ;)

To be fair. Scroll down and there's a 2018 for £19995. And somehow a 2016 for £21799 :rolleyes:

Yeah the GBP20k is good value. It's white though. The cheapest we've ever seen was GBP18k for an Ioniq in the UK, but that was nearly 2 years ago iirc. It seems most second hand budget EVs over there have gained in value in the last year or two. Probably cheaper to try buy one in Ireland, you can usually negotiate far more money off here too.

Yeah the GBP20k is good value. It's white though. The cheapest we've ever seen was GBP18k for an Ioniq in the UK, but that was nearly 2 years ago iirc. It seems most second hand budget EVs over there have gained in value in the last year or two. Probably cheaper to try buy one in Ireland, you can usually negotiate far more money off here too.

The best colour!*

[size=-2]*based on popularity[/size]

• Advertisement

Based on availability and it being cheaper, you mean :pac:

Based on availability and it being cheaper, you mean :pac:

Exactly. Forced popularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Looking for some help
    My Ioniq has stopped charging on my home charger- the car locks the cable but that is all- more worrying is the fact that the car can be driven either forward or backwards whilst plugged in.

The charger works perfectly with my wife’s 49 kWh leaf so the issue is not there or with the cable-

Anyone any experience of something similar? Or solutions?

What year is it and if pre-2019, did you have the charge port actuator recall done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

mouthful wrote: »
    Looking for some help
    My Ioniq has stopped charging on my home charger- the car locks the cable but that is all- more worrying is the fact that the car can be driven either forward or backwards whilst plugged in.

The charger works perfectly with my wife’s 49 kWh leaf so the issue is not there or with the cable-

never experienced or heard tell of anything similar... I'd pull the emergency release on the charger in the boot just to try to "re-set" for lack of anything else to try

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭adunis

The best colour!*

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭zg3409

Looking for some help

Where are you based?
    You should try another nearby charger just in case. Does the red plugged in light come on the dash?

As others have said pull on the charge port emergency cable. Note there are 2 cables, one for the door, one for the cable lock. Plug in cable first and give the lock cable a few tugs.

Your car should be under warranty, so if you do not have the range to make a dealer there is a free towtruck to dealer covered.

zg3409 wrote: »
    Where are you based?
    You should try another nearby charger just in case. Does the red plugged in light come on the dash?

As others have said pull on the charge port emergency cable. Note there are 2 cables, one for the door, one for the cable lock. Plug in cable first and give the lock cable a few tugs.

Your car should be under warranty, so if you do not have the range to make a dealer there is a free towtruck to dealer covered.

This only occurs at my own domestic charge unit- works perfectly at other units. I can free the charger from the car by pressing unlock twice.

May be unrelated but I also note active lane assist has stopped working.

What year is it and if pre-2019, did you have the charge port actuator recall done?

It is a 172, and had the recall done- it works perfectly with granny cable, destination chargers or Ccs units- just my domestic unit.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd hazard a guess your 12v battery is on the way out, can cause all sorts of weird behaviour.

This only occurs at my own domestic charge unit- works perfectly at other units. I can free the charger from the car by pressing unlock twice.

May be unrelated but I also note active lane assist has stopped working.

Could it be the timer on the car or charger? Is car set to unlock automatically when not charging therefore it does not want to lock as it is not charging? As other have said check 12v battery. Disable charge timers and disable auto unlock charge port feature.

If charge port cannot lock then car won't start to charge, so it may be down to a bad locking issue. If your car is over 2 years old dealer will not replace 12v battery under warranty. Nearly everything else is still in warranty. It might be worth a new 12v battery just to be sure. About 70 quid from a motor factors.

zg3409 wrote: »
    Could it be the timer on the car or charger? Is car set to unlock automatically when not charging therefore it does not want to lock as it is not charging? As other have said check 12v battery. Disable charge timers and disable auto unlock charge port feature.

If charge port cannot lock then car won't start to charge, so it may be down to a bad locking issue. If your car is over 2 years old dealer will not replace 12v battery under warranty. Nearly everything else is still in warranty. It might be worth a new 12v battery just to be sure. About 70 quid from a motor factors.

Thanks for that.

I will test the battery when the storm settles, but am at a loss to understand why it would only impact upon a home charger and not destination or Ccs.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Thanks for that.

I will test the battery when the storm settles, but am at a loss to understand why it would only impact upon a home charger and not destination or Ccs.

Interested to see what this ends up being. I had a one off issue where my Ioniq wouldn't charge from either my home charger or an SCP but pulling the emergency charger release sorted that and it hasn't happened again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭baldshin

First proper bit of range anxiety with the winds on the motorway last night. Coming from Castlebellingham on 94% should've had loads to spare to get to Ionity in Athlone. Spotted the difference in range and distance getting closer and closer all the way there and looked like I wouldn't make it so pulled in to Kilbeggan.....CCS wouldn't bloody work! Chanced it to Athlone and made it with 4% to spare, phew! On the opposite scale, made it from Galway to Belfast on the way up with only 1 and a half charges!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,217 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

baldshin wrote: »
    First proper bit of range anxiety with the winds on the motorway last night. Coming from Castlebellingham on 94% should've had loads to spare to get to Ionity in Athlone. Spotted the difference in range and distance getting closer and closer all the way there and looked like I wouldn't make it so pulled in to Kilbeggan.....CCS wouldn't bloody work! Chanced it to Athlone and made it with 4% to spare, phew! On the opposite scale, made it from Galway to Belfast on the way up with only 1 and a half charges!
    131km shouldnt have given problems in the Ioniq surely?
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Castlebellingham,+Co.+Louth/Athlone,+County+Westmeath/@53.6591838,-7.7261031,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4867335c5dc965f5:0xa00c7a9973179f0!2m2!1d-6.3894299!2d53.8978634!1m5!1m1!1s0x485c49013e648c9f:0xdaf91a8d46bde380!2m2!1d-7.9406898!2d53.4239331!3e2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭ei9go

Conditions were very challenging yesterday Southbound.
    Left Naas with 79% R110 and arrived in Waterford at 7% 17 km left.
    Lost in the region of 50 km on GOM over the journey. 100 KPH Cruise not on ECO.
    New record charge for me after that took 42.28 kWh from SCP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Ryath

It’s still ~55km shorter going by Mullingar or Navan and only a few minutes slower. It’s the way I go all the time and certainly would in an EV with a 200km range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭baldshin

Ryath wrote: »
    It’s still ~55km shorter going by Mullingar or Navan and only a few minutes slower. It’s the way I go all the time and certainly would in an EV with a 200km range.

Yeah went via Navan so I think it showed me as 148km total distance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

baldshin wrote: »
    ..... Kilbeggan.....CCS wouldn't bloody work! Chanced it to Athlone

That charger is out of action more times than its working

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

First service today, 55 euro.

They said my tyres were worn 50% at the back and 40 something at the front.....that seems like a lot for 14700 km? Anyone else see similar?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    First service today, 55 euro.

They said my tyres were worn 50% at the back and 40 something at the front.....that seems like a lot for 14700 km? Anyone else see similar?
    I did 50k km in mine and the tires were grand when I sold it on.

Yeah something seems a bit off about it, then again maybe it's the ****ty mayo roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Yeah something seems a bit off about it, then again maybe it's the ****ty mayo roads.

I'd a service at around 14,000. Tyres were all fine.

jusmeig wrote: »
    I'd a service at around 14,000. Tyres were all fine.

They said they were fine but that I'd probably need another set or at least two tyres next service. That doesn't seem right for 30,000 km to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Have 50K KM on mine and still on my original tyres too.

What could be up I wonder. If it was an alignment issue they wouldnt be wearing evenly surely?

Do they check alignment as part of the "health check" ?

What could be up I wonder. If it was an alignment issue they wouldnt be wearing evenly surely?

Do they check alignment as part of the "health check" ?

No. But they might check for uneven wear which is a sign.

Do yourself a favour. Go to a motor factors and get yourself a tyre depth gauge. Or buy on eBay. 1.6mm is absolute legal limit you will be prosecuted at. There is normally rubber bits that stick up in the grooves to indicate you are at 1.6 mm. Tyre places will recommend from 3mm to change tyres. I typically go to 2mm but I would recommend 3mm minimum for naive drivers unaware of grip in wet. In Irish wet you really need 3mm.

Front tyres on Ioniq should wear far more. You can rotate tyres from front to back to even wear so you don't have 6mm on rear and 2mm on front. Put tyres with best thread on front.

E.g.
    https://m.ebay.ie/itm/SILVER-LINE-TYRE-DEPTH-THREAD-GAUGE-TYRE-PRESSURE-GAUGE-TIRES-JIU/133206929899?hash=item1f03c071eb:g:caUAAOSwylRbNEPn
    Check your tyre pressure. The Ioniq has sensors. You use the right steering controls. They should all be 36 psi when cold and up to 40 when hot from a trip.

If buying tyres for an EV energy rating is very important (go for A) and wet grip (try get A). Don't buy from main dealer, ring around with tyre size which is written on the side of tyre.

Don't believe anything anyone in a dealer says to you ever.

How in the name of sweet baby Jebus does one get anything more than 30 k out of a set of front tyres on anything other than a city bound microcar ?
    On a side note there as a complete new set of tyres on my Ioniq at 43k when I bought it,I can wait to dump them they're amongst the worse tyres I've ever experienced Firemax fm601 they're 40 odd euro each online nuff said.
    Compare to 60 odd Goodyear efficient grip/Dunlop blueresponse........just WHY ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I can't remember exactly at what point I changed my tyres... I think it was around 45k.
    The tyre guy said he had never in his life seen such uniform wear on four tyres. He had a problem believing that I was not rotating my tyres very regularly. I had never rotated them.
    Presume the even wear is related to the even weight distribution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

What could be up I wonder.

Nothing!
    Your tyres are OK. Sounds right in line with our Ioniq's wear rate. We'll be needing replacements early in the new year after 40k odd kms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭k123456

would anyone have a list or details on Firmware / system updates for the Ioniq, in other words, what bugs have been fixed etc

How has it taken me this long to find out there is a glaring omission in the ioniqs standard equipment list ?.
    Nope it's not the lack of rear wiper......
    THERE'S NO FKIN LIGHT IN THE GLOVEBOX WTF ????

I'm close to 41k and the fronts need replacing - not quite at the legal limit, but not far from it either and the tyre slip in this weather is now just comical.

@liamog - what tyres did you get again and from where? Must order them in the next few days

Unkel have a look on tyreleader.ie specifically Goodyear efficient grip performance and Dunlop sport blue response,going to be a departure for me since the last god knows how many hankook Ventus primes I've bought in the last 5 years.......(12 is the answer),my primary criteria is quiet this time ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

I recommend Nokian eLine2 as they are AA rated and not that costly.

My highest priority is grip (in the wet or dry)

Everything else like cost of the tyre, how hard it wears, how noisy it is, how efficient it is, is all secondary.

My highest priority is grip (in the wet or dry)

Everything else like cost of the tyre, how hard it wears, how noisy it is, how efficient it is, is all secondary.
    My highest priority is cost
    Spent 160 for 2 tires on my leaf :p

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    My highest priority is cost
    Spent 160 for 2 tires on my leaf :p

I'd rather spend €200 on the best possible grip tyres than €2,000 to make my slow charging a bit less slow :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement