Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming After finishing Undeclared Work

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

splinter65 wrote: »
    The application asks him when did he last work, for whom and for how long. If he doesn’t tell the truth then that is an attempt to defraud the dept.
    it’s obvious here that you don’t know anything about applying for a Jobseekers payment.

Look up the definition of defraud.

He's entitled to the dole for the time he is not working.

Would he be lying, yes, but whether he tells the truth or not he is due payment from SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Look up the definition of defraud.

He's entitled to the dole for the time he is not working.

Would he be lying, yes, but whether he tells the truth or not he is due payment from SW.

How do you know he is due payment from SW?
    Does he fulfill all the criteria for JSA?
    Is he looking for available for and fit for work? Does he pass the means test? The DO will investigate his claim and make a desicion. He will be asked how he has supported himself since the last time he worked or applied for SW or was dependent on a parent. He will be asked for bank statements. If he can’t satisy the DO then he will be refused.
    5 hours ago you were telling us you knew nothing about applying for SW but now your trying to correct people like me who do know. What’s that about?

How do you know he is due payment from SW?
    Does he fulfill all the criteria for JSA?
    Is he looking for available for and fit for work? Does he pass the means test? The DO will investigate his claim and make a desicion. He will be asked how he has supported himself since the last time he worked or applied for SW or was dependent on a parent. He will be asked for bank statements. If he can’t satisy the DO then he will be refused.
    5 hours ago you were telling us you knew nothing about applying for SW but now your trying to correct people like me who do know. What’s that about?

So, you've still not looked up the definition of defraud. Don't need to have claimed dole to have an understanding of the English language.

So, you've still not looked up the definition of defraud. Don't need to have claimed dole to have an understanding of the English language.

So...your still deflecting away from the fact that you decided to give advice about something you admit you know nothing about, advice that was contrary to advice from posters who clearly are experienced and you continue to insist that lying to the dept is not seen as an attempt to defraud? Your just a numpty with a chip on your shoulder.
    Needs to be ignored.

Needs to be ignored.

Promise? I remain available for English lessons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

bmarty12 wrote: »
    There were about 4 payments I think. Lodged individually. The company name is just 3 letters/initials. I think I may have put the full name (the full 3 letters) in only once and the other lodgements had just the first letter. But anyone looking over the whole statement would guess they are from the same place as they are the only significant incomings to my account and are close enough to each other in value

So you lodged some cash into your account 3 or 4 times with initial as a reference , so no one know where you got those sums of money except you and whoever gave them to you? If that is the case you could be a little creative with the origins of these gifts

Car99 wrote: »
    So you lodged some cash into your account 3 or 4 times with initial as a reference , so no one know where you got those sums of money except you and whoever gave them to you? If that is the case you could be a little creative with the origins of these gifts

And what evidence of the origin of these gifts will he manufacture?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Were done here.....closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement