Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COMMENTS THREAD FOR RANDOM PHOTOS LV

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Loki98

OK, but if you look thru the picture it does give a 3D effect

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Yes and the layering was meant to give that effect. I did fiddle with reducing the size of each layer but it did not work as well. I settled with increasing the saturation on one bird to make it a focus.

This is the original image.

529669.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Loki98 wrote: »
    Firstly, thanks for your comment and second, I hate to disappoint but its mostly in my head. The wreck is the MV Plassey on Inish Oirr, the rest is Photoshop. The original photo is below
    50408247887_b000da1878_z.jpg

Is that the one that appears at the start of Fr. Ted ?

Loki98 wrote: »
    50642591977_35e9747a7b_c.jpg

Wow!! where is this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,110 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I think it's a different place but it's reminiscent of hidden beach, Mexico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Is that the one that appears at the start of Fr. Ted ?

It is indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Loki98

Wow!! where is this ?
    It's in Portugal on the Algarve near the Benegil sea cave. It's heavily photoshopped

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Thought I recognised it.

27883898732_23813fda37_c.jpg

I have been there a couple of times.

CabanSail wrote: »
    I could say Yes and drive you mad, but no. Just playing around with old images when in lock down.

And how did you do it ?
    Painstakingly selecting the bird and then copy and paste .... ?

And how did you do it ?
    Painstakingly selecting the bird and then copy and paste .... ?

I did the cut out of the Pelican.

Made a Group and duplicated the layer and shifted it across the frame.

Duplicated the Group and Reversed it (Flip Horizontal)

Then made multiple copies to make up all the rows.

Picked the layer which was to be the focus and increased contrast and saturation.

• Advertisement

That made sense when I wrote it ..... but it is easy when demonstrated. Just lots of layers copied, grouped and moved.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm sure Cabansail can demonstrate if you want, but he'll send you a large bill for his efforts.

i'm sure Cabansail can demonstrate if you want, but he'll send you a large bill for his efforts.

Not at all ..... just the International travel and quarantine could be problem.

Zoom Tutorial?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that was a joke.
    large bill...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

that was a joke.
    large bill...

You can go and sit over there with dinneenp and his shadowy jpg images. :D

Sorry New Wave .... Could not resist ....

538839.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

The original photo was posted on "Some Nature Pictures I Took Recently (II)" Boards site as a "Season's Greetings to all" message with the original background. I like your comment. :D

I got fed up with the absurdly limiting 800 pix so I have started a 1200 pix thread, anyone is welcome to post in: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058148226

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    50823860718_f50496c029_c.jpg

I like this. but does anyone know where it is.

I like the light and the bridge in the distance and the way the river curves into the shot

lovely

• Advertisement

I believe the lucky blighter is in New Zealand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

sheesh wrote: »
    I like this. but does anyone know where it is.

I like the light and the bridge in the distance and the way the river curves into the shot

lovely
    cnocbui wrote: »
    I believe the lucky blighter is in New Zealand.

Bingo, this is sunset the Pukaki Canal located in the centre of the South Island in NZ. It's part of a wider series of canals used for hydroelectric power in the region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

NEW WAVE wrote: »
    Heron in flight
    YWSV8AZ.jpg

This isnt a fella from the Dodder is it? Keep seeing one of that bunch on Spawell roundabout. Very worried he'll get a wallop of a truck during a long takeoff run.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

No problems with trucks for this heron. River Boyne resident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

50874307818_1c82da943d_c.jpg

Wow, powerful image! Weirdly looks like it would hurt to touch.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »

I'd say it is more like: now human how does it feel to be isolated.

50953423392_8ca30fac7a_c.jpg

What is the story here?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

NVM, as you were.

They're probably transporting an emptly coffin and getting the hearse washed before a funeral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Or if it’s headed to a cremation, the flickr username checks out...

washes to washes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

MOD NOTE

WE'VE BEEN CONSIDERING A LARGER MAXIMUM SIZE FOR POSTS FOR A WHILE ON THE RANDOM PHOTO THREAD ... A NEW RANDOM PHOTO THREAD WILL BE STARTED ON SATURDAY WITH A 1024PX MAX. LET'S SEE HOW IT WORKS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Myksyk wrote: »
    MOD NOTE

WE'VE BEEN CONSIDERING A LARGER MAXIMUM SIZE FOR POSTS FOR A WHILE ON THE RANDOM PHOTO THREAD ... A NEW RANDOM PHOTO THREAD WILL BE STARTED ON SATURDAY WITH A 1024PX MAX. LET'S SEE HOW IT WORKS.

Good idea, it should work fine, I think that is the size limit for the Nature and Birdwatching photo thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement