Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-09-2017, 18:05   #61
chris1970

Nice footage, what editing software are you using?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-09-2017, 18:53   #62
tedpan

Mod: Drones
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1970
Nice footage, what editing software are you using?
Cheers! I'm using movavi video editor. It cost 20euro though. Pretty easy to use, it's basic enough but has the options I need. My PC is not powerful enough to edit 4k and it does a good job of compressing the 4k footage to 1080p.
Thanks from:
25-09-2017, 19:52   #63
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireCelt
The gearbest tracking says arrived London on 9th and on 10th it just said " Parcel is in clearance".... An Post doesnt reconize the tracking number online... i rang An Post earlier, they said they havent got it, so i presume its still with the customs? Don't really know whats going on and what to do tbh? any advice is appreciated ! I bought it off gearbest mate

Any update on delivery mate?
Thanks from:
26-09-2017, 11:49   #64
EireCelt

Yes I've been in contact on live support all week, they sent me an email explaining further yesterday

"Unfortunately, due to an unexpected Customs delay, your parcel is currently being processed. We have approached the shipping company to expedite the issue. They have confirmed that the package can be released by October 1, 2017; it will arrive shortly after this."

Just happy to hear it will be arriving soon Can't wait !!
Thanks for ye're help!
ps where's the best place to purchase a battery haha
Thanks from:
26-09-2017, 13:26   #65
EireCelt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpan View Post
Any update on delivery mate?

Presume I need a micro SD card aswell? Any more advice is much appricated thanks for your help btw your videos are top notch ðŸ‘
Advertisement
26-09-2017, 13:59   #66
tedpan

Quote:
Just happy to hear it will be arriving soon Can't wait !! Thanks for ye're help! ps where's the best place to purchase a battery haha
Nice one! A pity it's going to take longer than expected, but will be worth the wait!

I would use gearbest or tomtop for the battery. I purchased from banggood and had to pay 30euro in duty on top, cost more than the original saving, not recommended!

Quote:
Presume I need a micro SD card aswell? Any more advice is much appricated thanks for your help btw your videos are top notch ðŸ‘
Cheers!

I buy all my SD cards from memoryc.ie
They are slightly more expensive than other online sellers, but are based in Ireland, have excellent warranties, free next day delivery and is always the genuine article.

I know some of the boardsies buy from tomtop, unfortunately I haven't, but they recommend them.

It must be at least class 10 speed card. I'm using a PNY 64GB Class 10 85Mb/s which cost me around 30euro and it does the job as you can see.

Best of luck!
Thanks from:
26-09-2017, 15:50   #67
JabbaTheHut

I finally bit the bullet on this on Thursday. It was on "Processing" for a couple of days, and I clicked the Deliver Faster button, and in a few hours it was changed to "Packed". It's still the same. Most of the time items would be shipped by now, and it would take the usual time to deliver. What was anyones experience in this part of the process?

The reason I ask, is in or around October last year, shipping times from China went from about 3 weeks to sometimes 3 months.I'm sure most on here have had that experience. I like not to have €300 plus of equipment sitting around somewhere waiting to be delivered. I've read that Gearbest sell stock they don't have. Don't know how true it is. I've got items from them before and there was no hassle.

If it's shipped in the next few days, I won't mind so much. I just feel if it goes longer than that, it could get caught up in the mess that happened last year.
26-09-2017, 16:18   #68
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaTheHut
If it's shipped in the next few days, I won't mind so much. I just feel if it goes longer than that, it could get caught up in the mess that happened last year.

Don't worry, that's normal. It can sit in packed/dispatched for up to a week, it always gets me stressed waiting too. Although it usually takes 2 or 3 working days after that. So I'm guessing you'll have it by the end of next week. The tracking is pretty useless, I have to say.
Thanks from:
26-09-2017, 16:48   #69
logistic

Send a message via ICQ to logistic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaTheHut View Post
I finally bit the bullet on this on Thursday. It was on "Processing" for a couple of days, and I clicked the Deliver Faster button, and in a few hours it was changed to "Packed". It's still the same. Most of the time items would be shipped by now, and it would take the usual time to deliver.  What was anyones experience in this part of the process?

The reason I ask, is in or around October  last year, shipping times from China went from about 3 weeks to sometimes 3 months.I'm sure most on here have had that experience. I like not to have €300 plus of equipment sitting around somewhere waiting to be delivered. I've read that Gearbest sell stock they don't have. Don't know how true it is. I've got items from them before and there was no hassle.

Been keeping an eye on this thread for a while and just gave into temptation. Just placed an order myself.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-09-2017, 17:30   #70
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by logistic
Been keeping an eye on this thread for a while and just gave into temptation. Just placed an order myself.

Haha, nice one! Shipping seems to a bit slower than usual, so you might have to be patient. You'll be happy once it arrives!
26-09-2017, 19:44   #71
glasso

will wait for the dji spark to come down in price I think. even though the video quality is not as good on the spark it's 1080p quality seems pretty good (even at 30fps). it's just far more portable for travel and general transportation and the range is decent enough (even with the nanny state eu restrictions on signal output).
26-09-2017, 19:50   #72
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasso
will wait for the dji spark to come down in price I think. even though the video quality is not as good on the spark it's 1080p quality seems pretty good (even at 30fps). it's just far more portable for travel and general transportation and the range is decent enough (even with the nanny state eu restrictions on signal output).

The spark is a nice little quad. I can't see it coming down much, the mavic hasn't really moved in price over the passed year. Make sure you get the combo with controller and additional battery to give you over 100m range
26-09-2017, 20:44   #73
JabbaTheHut

Quote:
Don't worry, that's normal. It can sit in packed/dispatched for up to a week, it always gets me stressed waiting too. Although it usually takes 2 or 3 working days after that. So I'm guessing you'll have it by the end of next week. The tracking is pretty useless, I have to say.
Grand job. I don't mind if it takes even a bit longer than that. I'm after getting well used to waiting for stuff to arrive from China at this stage.
Thanks from:
26-09-2017, 21:36   #74
glasso

Quote:
The spark is a nice little quad. I can't see it coming down much, the mavic hasn't really moved in price over the passed year. Make sure you get the combo with controller and additional battery to give you over 100m range
yes the controller is essential. can get 1km in open ground with that. people can get 3.2km / 2 miles in the US with a 10$ signal reflector attachment. might get 1 mile in Europe maybe with one of those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io2AtN7zNfc
Thanks from:
27-09-2017, 14:05   #75
EireCelt

Just ordered my SD card from meomryc.ie, good shout mate!
Been pursuing batterys past few days, I plan on using my drone a lot as soon as it arrives and would prefer not to go down the China route due to waiting time, came about Tom Toms battery offer and noticed they ship from Germany at an extra cost. Delivery 1-4 days apparently. Anyone gone down this route before?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion