Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Chic & Nile Rogers? They are that weekend but they are playing in St. Annes Park.

Nah it was something else, it popped up and then gone again. But yes in the same vein as chic, something funky like doobie Bros (it wasn't doobie Bros)

And was for dun laoghaire.

Too many foreign festival and irish announcements has my head truly muddled.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

To Be Considered would be quite a cool name for a festival. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Eddie Vedder and glen hansard with a load of acoustic artists be a cool festival

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Nah it was something else, it popped up and then gone again. But yes in the same vein as chic, something funky like doobie Bros (it wasn't doobie Bros)

And was for dun laoghaire.

Too many foreign festival and irish announcements has my head truly muddled.

Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Madness

I know madness are booked, I'm trying to figure out another booking on the day after/before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭endainoz

I had my first festival experience on your farm in 1981. John Martyn was epic. Went again in 1982. Good times.

Love hearing stories from people that were there! Wasn't born till the mid 80s myself so never got to experience it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,154 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Eddie Vedder and glen hansard with a load of acoustic artists be a cool festival

Had thought this morning and could be a very good shout. Last weekend in June, don't think there's much on festival wise

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Was thinking more acts from All Points East weekends in London could play here. Bar Mumford and Sons, First Aid Kit, Julian Baker and John Hopkins playing here, there's a fair few other acts could play here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Same weekend as ATN at a big old house in Blessington, possibly a bit more family friendly....

Dun Laoghaire is something different thats not confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Same weekend as ATN at a big old house in Blessington, possibly a bit more family friendly....

Russborough House? That’d be doable I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Where did you hear this?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Russborough House? That’d be doable I suppose.

You got it

Eod100 wrote: »
    Where did you hear this?

From someone who works in the industry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I would be very surprised if its that weekend.

I dunno, given the choice of a long trip to Waterford or a short trip to Blessington I’d pick Blessington. I’m aware that this is a very Dublin-centric view, but hey.

Also, it’d tie in with their apparent plan to scupper any growth of ATN.

Yeah I would also, big gamble. Just stating what I heard.

kaleidoscope

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

kaleidoscope

Is that the name? Tied to the one in London?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

if it's a family-centric festival, I could see it happening that weekend. ATN is far more focussed on the 20s/30s demographic, Indiependence isn't going to have too many taking kids, and Beatyard isn't really comparable.
    A different weekend would make more sense to me though....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Surely choosing the weekend 3 other festivals are on would be a bit ridiculous?

AdamD wrote: »
    Surely choosing the weekend 3 other festivals are on would be a bit ridiculous?

I think so too, again I was just passing on what I heard.

Same weekend as 3 others is a tough one, low stock, limited bands etc

Unless they are going a complete different direction. Sure we will know tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think so too, again I was just passing on what I heard.

Same weekend as 3 others is a tough one, low stock, limited bands etc

Unless they are going a complete different direction. Sure we will know tomorrow

Yea if its gonna be the August bank hol weekend then they would really need to go a different direction then ATN. Part of me really hopes it not since i wanna head to either Indie or Beatyard

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I dunno, given the choice of a long trip to Waterford or a short trip to Blessington I’d pick Blessington. I’m aware that this is a very Dublin-centric view, but hey.

Also, it’d tie in with their apparent plan to scupper any growth of ATN.

I never pick my festival choice based on distance from my front door.

How is a trip to Waterford from Dublin a "long trip"? I can get from dublin airport to Dungarvan in 2.5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Russborough a lovely spot, if that is indeed the venue. Not sure about space, though. I wouldn't have thought there was massive room there for camping/ car-parking etc. They're in with an agenda if it's the August bank holiday.

I never pick my festival choice based on distance from my front door.

How is a trip to Waterford from Dublin a "long trip"? I can get from dublin airport to Dungarvan in 2.5 hours.

My comments were based on the “family friendly” part. Much easier to get to Blessington from Dublin, especially if you’re bringing kids. Also makes the possibility of just going for the day much easier.

Also, I would say you are in the minority about making you festival choices based on the distance to your door. If that’s the case we’d all be heading to Europe and further afield rather than staying at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Does it fit the bill of never before used? There’s a festival on there in May.

Did they say it would be a family friendly festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

Looks like it was up on their website but they took it down.

28th - 30th June 2019

Kaleidoscope Family Festival

The first annual Kaleidoscope Family Music & Arts Festival on the picturesque grounds of Russborough.

desk tidy wrote: »
    Looks like it was up on their website but they took it down.

28th - 30th June 2019

Kaleidoscope Family Festival

The first annual Kaleidoscope Family Music & Arts Festival on the picturesque grounds of Russborough.

The week month before ATN. Family is embedded in the title.

I expect that EP will now target the younger folk and this plans to cater for those a little older. Pretty much directly in competition with ATN so, just a week month earlier.

The week before ATN. Family is embedded in the title.

I expect that EP will now target the younger folk and this plans to cater for those a little older. Pretty much directly in competition with ATN so, just a week earlier.

Its a month a before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Did they say it would be a family friendly festival?

Hopefully it'll get the kids out of Stradbally.

Advertisement