Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horse Trailer Renovation

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭talullah

That looks fabulous. :D Well done!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭helibelly

One last thing, as Odelay said, replace the overrun damper, did that this week and by gosh what a difference it's made!! In the meantime we've been out competing, hacking, gone to clinics and even down the beach :D

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Hiya I was wondering where you sourced the rice parts? Our Rice trailer has just been trashed by a horse that I had in for a client and I am not happy with the job they did on 'fixing' it for me so want to go about doing it myself.

I got my spare wheel cover direct form Rice in the UK, tailer spares came from a variety a places, but the breaks and hitch and the like are all standard stuff and are sold by most trailer spares places (just google trailer spares) as for internal stuff and 'rice' specific things, go to the manufactures web site or better give them a ring, they're really nice and depending on the age of the box they might have the thing you're looking for on the shelf.

I can't believe the last post was in 2013! It's now five years later and the trailer is still going strong. The paint needs re-doing to get it back to fresh, but the insides are still fine. But sadly it's time to sell it, thankfully because I now have a shiny Lorry to cart his equine nibs around in!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭isaos

helibelly wrote: »
    I can't believe the last post was in 2013! It's now five years later and the trailer is still going strong. The paint needs re-doing to get it back to fresh, but the insides are still fine. But sadly it's time to sell it, thankfully because I now have a shiny Lorry to cart his equine nibs around in!!:)

Thanks for this post! I hadn't seen this thread before, and I need to do some repairs on my Rice box, so this is coming very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭eastie17

Excellent job, I only wish I had a tenth of your DIY skills.
    I just bought a transit horse van, old but mechanically in good nick. Tack room leaks like a bastard, theres caulking on the roof where the previous owner attempted to fix the leaks. I'll strip that off when attempting to fix it.
    As I said its a transit and the leak is in the luton area so its fiberglass I'll be trying to fix.
    Any recommendations for good waterproofing products to fix this and perhaps advice on finding all leaks? I recall from boats years ago that fiber glass can have hairline cracks in it that are hard to see.

Advertisement