Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

Paul being interviewed by a journalist as a 'success' story. He's anything but, his adult children barely recognise him and he's from one woman to the next all his life.

Hughie hit that Bol*ix Pete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

branie2 wrote: »
    Yep. the role should be recast

Recasting is unacceptable when done too often. Fair City have a terrible track record for this.

As far as I remember (and I stand corrected) Hughie and Natalie were in it from the very early days.

Rita, Hannah (her ma) and the kids were all in the shop and Bela was working (philandering) in the UK.

I think (again I stand corrected) in his earlier days on the show Jim Bartley was also in some play/TV show so his appearances were a bit sporadic and it was only since just before Rita had her stroke that he became a regular enough character

Rita was in the first series (1989) along with Suzanne, Helen, Yvonne #1, Jimmy #1, Louise #1, Darren #1. Plus Barry O'Hanlon and his ma, Clancy, Lily Corcoran, Johnny "Durex" One, the Kellys, the Clarkes, Noel McCoy, Kay McCoy #1 and Noeleen McCoy #1 (both horrible).

Tom Bowen was there in year 1 - played by Alan Howley who is Eoghan now. Having the same actor playing different characters is so annoying.

Bela didn't join until the second series (1990). Same as the Molloys. Dolores #1 became Dr Dillon later on.

Hughie and Natalie joined in 1990 when the pizzeria opened. The guy from Upwardly Mobile (Joe F**king Spano) was working there. Character named Frank, rode Anne Clarke. Then there was blonde haired Gary from a year or two later.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Watched a few episodes recently, just trying to remember a few things- Am I right on these?

Renee was Hughie's sister-in-law, married to Christy.
    The Phelans including Eunice, the Mammy, bought the shop from Rita Doyle and her mother, Hannah Finnegan. Floyd and Farrah were the children, Floyd died and Farrah went to London to study photography.
    Heather was Renee's daughter that she gave up for adoption and she had a relationship with Floyd, even after finding out that they were related. She was married to a doctor and they went abroad.

You forgot to say Floyd was recast once while Farrah was recast three times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,497 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did we ever meet taxi man Johnny's ma?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Doug's head nodding like a peacock trying to figure out why Jackie is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Sparko

Jane dishing all the dirt to the journalist was brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

You forgot to say Floyd was recast once while Farrah was recast three times.

Didn't Floyd have a piece of paper which implicated Brendan in his hand when he was found dead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Rita was in the first series (1989) along with Suzanne, Helen, Yvonne #1, Jimmy #1, Louise #1, Darren #1. Plus Barry O'Hanlon and his ma, Clancy, Lily Corcoran, Johnny "Durex" One, the Kellys, the Clarkes, Noel McCoy, Kay McCoy #1 and Noeleen McCoy #1 (both horrible).

Tom Bowen was there in year 1 - played by Alan Howley who is Eoghan now. Having the same actor playing different characters is so annoying.

Bela didn't join until the second series (1990). Same as the Molloys. Dolores #1 became Dr Dillon later on.

Hughie and Natalie joined in 1990 when the pizzeria opened. The guy from Upwardly Mobile (Joe F**king Spano) was working there. Character named Frank, rode Anne Clarke. Then there was blonde haired Gary from a year or two later.

Yvonne #1 was played by Suzanne's real life sister.
    Ruth McCabe was Kay McCoy #1 Noeleen McCoy had a Pizza Action with Gary..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Tara Quirke was Noeleen McCoy #2

• Advertisement

Tessa, so fickle and hard work, have a chat with Callum before you go there Dean!

Jackie running away like a teenager telling no one where she is. Just such a cop out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Who goes for a 5k run at 8 o clock in the evening?

Who goes for a 5k run at 8 o clock in the evening?

I often do :D And later, around dusk this time of year. It revs up some people and they can't sleep but I think it de-stresses me and helps me sleep. I'd know afew midnight runners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,813 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thursday 4th July
    Paul and Fiona spring their trap on Jane, while Hughie risks spending time alone with Heather. Tension simmers between Pete and Dolores over Jackie. Dean has his eye on Tessa.
    Sunday 7th July
    Pete and Heather take very different approaches to the problem with Jackie. Melanie is sucked into the Brennans' conflicts, and Hughie has a date with a bottle.
    Tuesday 9th July
    Hughie struggles following Jackie's departure, Nora and Robbie clash over a reminder of their past, and Tessa and Dean cross wires when she fails to realise he has asked her out.
    Wednesday 10th July
    After falling off the wagon, Hughie needs Heather's help to save face, while Nora and Carol confront Robbie over his refusal to face his anger issues.
    Thursday 11th July
    Hughie is racked with guilt over his behaviour with Heather. Nora has to be brave to face up to her past. Dean steps up when Tessa struggles with a dilemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Jackie running away like a teenager telling no one where she is. Just such a cop out.

Hopefully this story leads somewhere cause the situation is ridiculous right now.

Could they not have at least done a few proper scenes with Pete and Dolly? I’m pretty sure there should be more discussion if a husband kisses another woman. Instead we get Dean spending days rustling through the 6 things on the rack in the helping hand while Tessa drools on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is she gone for good?

I don’t know but she will probably be back at some stage. She will surely try to jump Pete’s bones again. It was stupid of her to marry Hughie when she’s obviously obsessed with Pete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Jackie's pained face was starting to be etched onto her.

Run Dean run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Since when does Pete give a sh*t about Heather?

Why is Hughie getting all this agro as if he was the one who cheated and walked out, he hasn’t done a thing wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

fin12 wrote: »
    Since when does Pete give a sh*t about Heather?

Why is Hughie getting all this agro as if he was the one who cheated and walked out, he hasn’t done a thing wrong.

Yeah, I used to love Pete but he's getting a bit accusery lately, normally he'd be the one to give people their say and not be judgemental. But he's out of order.... Jesus, why can't people mind their own business.. :rolleyes:

Loved when Heather asked Hughie for the Champagne, seen as he won't use it... :D

Has Dean and Tessa only met now and she's been around how long :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,158 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Has Dean and Tessa only met now and she's been around how long :rolleyes:

I'm sure I recall seeing her shown in Vinos loads of times.

I'm a bit puzzled by the Tessa and Dean storyline. First she started pursuing him, rapidly lost interest and now he's pursuing her?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'm sure I recall seeing her shown in Vinos loads of times.

I'm a bit puzzled by the Tessa and Dean storyline. First she started pursuing him, rapidly lost interest and now he's pursuing her?

Yeah the sudden u turn just as she was about to have the drink with him was very weird

What happened with her and Callum? Is Eoghan also after her?

• Advertisement

That Pete gets on my nerves. He has a permanent chip on the shoulder attitude. I find him very unlikeable.

Robbie's hair has changed back again from the badger look..wtf is going on there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Jeez pete is a douchebag

Parents in their 40s and 3 children in their 20s, the saga of 5 family members buying a house, the Collins clan. What an utterly ridiculous storyline.

Dean must be 40ish. His character was 17 around 1996.

Tessa 24/25. Bit of an age gap there? You'd see it now and again I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,204 ✭✭✭jos28

I'll see if someone needs help with IT :confused::confused:
    What sort of help ? Sending emails/writing complicated coding :confused:
    Ah no, just random help with IT, seriously :rolleyes:
    What are his qualifications, if any.

On a different note, Mammy Collins has lost loads of weight, she looks very well.

• Advertisement

Did anyone notice Eoghan standing on a box beside Derbhla talking to Tessa?!

I'd say Dean is late 30s, I thought he might get with Brows Dillon :P Tessa seems a bore, too quite and boring for Dean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Dean is my age then

I'd say Dean is late 30s, I thought he might get with Brows Dillon :P Tessa seems a bore, too quite and boring for Dean

Yep Tessa is 100% boring , even her voice is boring.
    Brows Dillon would suit Dean better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Same as Damian and Caoimhe. Soaps don't really care about how unlikely couples are!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,813 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Brendan
    returns next week!

That Pete gets on my nerves. He has a permanent chip on the shoulder attitude. I find him very unlikeable.

Robbie's hair has changed back again from the badger look..wtf is going on there!

Pete's attitude is ridiculous, considering he kissed Jackie. He should really be keeping his head down rather than antagonising her new husband.

Did anyone notice Eoghan standing on a box beside Derbhla talking to Tessa?!

Really? Dearbhla must easily be 5ft 9.....I read somewhere she is a former model

Brendan
    returns next week!
    Will Brendan get arrested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Rumours are strong that home and away is to be cut. Like FC it is well and truly passed its sell by date. Home and away was a different level of soap to fair city though to be fair, but isn't it really time rte stopped scraping the bottom of the barrell with the current nonsensical story lines and ended FC.

It's beyond sad now and even this thread has died due to lack of interest. Surely it's time to put FC to sleep once and for all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

The can take neighbours with it another pile of sh1te...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Other than 5 or 10 mins here and there I haven't watched a full episode since Xmas. I've even disabled the series link on the box.

Really? Dearbhla must easily be 5ft 9.....I read somewhere she is a former model

That's how we noticed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

tototoe wrote: »
    Rumours are strong that home and away is to be cut. Like FC it is well and truly passed its sell by date. Home and away was a different level of soap to fair city though to be fair, but isn't it really time rte stopped scraping the bottom of the barrell with the current nonsensical story lines and ended FC.

It's beyond sad now and even this thread has died due to lack of interest. Surely it's time to put FC to sleep once and for all.

At least there's eye candy in the Aussie soaps, Carol's permanently pussed face and Dervilla's aboriginal eyebrows don't exactly entice you to watch.

That's how we noticed it.

I must say she is quite attractive when she smiles. Get rid of the eyebrows though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

sligojoek wrote: »
    Other than 5 or 10 mins here and there I haven't watched a full episode since Xmas. I've even disabled the series link on the box.

Ya, I only see it when visiting my ma, and she has even gone off it. She turned it off the other night at the break. It really is gone that bad. It was never a brilliant soap but there was a small bit of a comedy factor. It's just absolute horse manure for the last 12 months though. After the plan with Dermot and Niamh which was laughably bad, it's been on the decline since imo.

And no there is no eye candy to speak off in fair city...

"Hughie secret"; no way that's going to be misconstrued in tomorrow's episode. They would never be that obvious. Not Fair City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Has Karl Shiels got a bad back?

Luckily (unluckily) I haven't been effected like Hughie's story on Fair City.

I haven't been preyed upon by a brain damaged lady in her 40s who got into bed with me after a few schoops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Luckily (unluckily) I haven't been effected like Hughie's story on Fair City.

I haven't been preyed upon by a brain damaged lady in her 40s who got into bed with me after a few schoops.

No need to ring the helpline, so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement