Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the oldest virgin you know?

• 22-05-2015 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Bags of sand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

MLH1 wrote: »

Probably a human person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Some Olive oil that's been in the cupboard for ages

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Mary, of Mary and Joseph fame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Thought I might surprise her for her 100th though.

Sister Mary in the local convent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Virgin Megastores - 44 years old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Getting worried ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

A virgin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

My aunt is a nun, she's 70 and probably a virgin. It's not something I could openly ask her.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

antodeco wrote: »
    Mary, of Mary and Joseph fame.
    Apparently not. The story goes she was a virgin before the old angel getting previous with her, but she went on to have more sons so...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

my right hand is 45 ..
    he never could master the swing of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

I hold no stigma attached to this. It means nothing.

Late forties only seen naked women on the internet. Nice guy fitish (for pushing 50) social enough but not pushed, . Lives for academia. Really it's his choice he chose not to pursue relationships or sexual encounters with women.

There is another guy older I am not 100% certain he is a virgin but he is in his 60's.

As I said it means nothing. These men could find relationships etc. They just don't seem to want to make the effort. Not all do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Some Olive oil that's been in the cupboard for ages

Like this so funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My gran.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Yer man Branson, he must be ninety by now, always known as Virgin Supremo Richard Branson, must be embarrassing, everyone knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

This guy I know who goes by the handle MLH1.

Asks loads of sex related questions in the hope that he will someday feel the touch of a womans breasts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Bassfish

My 42 year old cousin, fella who's madly religious and has mental health problems. Posted on my Facebook page today out of nowhere even though I haven't spoken to him in seven or eight years. Said 'I suppose you'll be voting yes for the gays because you're a lefty liberal who likes devil music. Guess your ass will sore in the morning!'
    Funny how no woman will touch him with a barge pole! Best he doesn't procreate really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

My folks.

(The thoughts of it )
    /shudders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

All virgins should be sent off and cou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

All virgins should be sent off and coupled up to ride.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ronan Mullen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

I was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Bassfish wrote: »
    My 42 year old cousin, fella who's madly religious and has mental health problems. Posted on my Facebook page today out of nowhere even though I haven't spoken to him in seven or eight years. Said 'I suppose you'll be voting yes for the gays because you're a lefty liberal who likes devil music.Guess your ass will sore in the morning!'
    Funny how no woman will touch him with a barge pole! Best he doesn't procreate really.

I'm sorry but I loled hard at that line :pac:

Your cousin sounds like great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Bassfish

I'm sorry but I loled hard at that line :pac:

Your cousin sounds like great craic.

He'd be great craic if he was half joking or just stirring a bit of banter but the fella really isn't well. He's since been referring to Ireland as sodom and Gomorrah. I reckon he's a flamboyant gay man trapped in a religious zealot's body. Either way he'll most likely be a virgin forever and for the sake of humanity , that's a good thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

There's a frigid turtle in the Galapagos Islands that's been evading the rest of them whores for 200 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Nucular Arms

I lost mine when I was 21 and never thought a bit about it.

I mean you see scobes on the street with girlfriends etc.

Having a partner doesn't make you any better than anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

I don't know of any people older than the average age of becoming sexually active (which I'm not sure of, but I'd say it's late teens - I know a lot of people start having sex a lot younger but the *average* would be more like late teens I'd reckon) who are definitely virgins. How would you know unless they tell you, and I doubt many people would.

I can think of people all right in their 30s who might be virgins as I've never known of them being with a man/woman, even dating, but it's not a given, obviously.

I've no doubt there are virgins aged up to their 90s. Most people have had sex, but there is a minority that has never and will never. It's not a given for everyone - and there is even voluntary abstinence.

And at the same time, plenty of priests have had consensual sex too I've no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Thought I might surprise her for her 100th though.

Should have done it nine years ago. The crack would have been ninety

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Adult virginity is a lot more common than you'd think. http://news.softpedia.com/news/4-of-the-Adult-Americans-Die-Virgin-58093.shtml

4% of american adults die virgins, and theyre surely not all priests and nuns. So thats about 12 million people in the US alone who were probably 75+ when they died and were still virgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sure you don't prefer to know what my mortgage is or what I earn or is that for next rotation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Dalai Lama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

wakka12 wrote: »
    Adult virginity is a lot more common than you'd think. http://news.softpedia.com/news/4-of-the-Adult-Americans-Die-Virgin-58093.shtml

4% of american adults die virgins, and theyre surely not all priests and nuns. So thats about 12 million people in the US alone who were probably 75+ when they died and were still virgins.

Some people are asexual to. They have no interest in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Fr Murphy the local PP. I presume you excluding messing with young boys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

My Mam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

This thread strikes me as the OP trying to figure out is him being a virgin at 45 a weird thing, without actually asking the question haha

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

oldest virgin I know of is myself :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

I have quite a few uncles in their 60s who have always lived in their family home in the countryside, and to the best of my knowledge none of them has ever had any romantic relationships. And I guess at this stage they're unlikely to meet anyone.

I think it's a bit sad really (I don't mean sad as in pathetic, they're lovely people!) I know marriage isn't for everyone, but imagine going through life and NEVER experiencing sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I have quite a few uncles in their 60s who have always lived in their family home in the countryside, and to the best of my knowledge none of them has ever had any romantic relationships. And I guess at this stage they're unlikely to meet anyone.

I think it's a bit sad really (I don't mean sad as in pathetic, they're lovely people!) I know marriage isn't for everyone, but imagine going through life and NEVER experiencing sex.

Some people have no yearning for sex, I have a very low sex drive. Im not asexual but Im very very rarely horny and dying to have sex, so I think I could live the rest of my life without having sex if I had to and it wouldn't bother me at all tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Been nearly a year since I last got laid.......think I'm a virgin again myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

It seems the standard for virgin keeps getting lower and lower.

1% of new mother's in the United States say they're still virgins!
    (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2525727/Nearly-1-women-believe-virgin-birth.html)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Dominican Sister Mary Dympna Carew, of Dundrum, County Tipperary...107 years young ;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I know a guy who is 38, who has no idea how to talk to women. Has no understanding of boundaries, and will scream random **** in girls face who are clearly with someone.
    Guy is his own worst enemy in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

I hold no stigma attached to this. It means nothing.

Late forties only seen naked women on the internet. Nice guy fitish (for pushing 50) social enough but not pushed, . Lives for academia. Really it's his choice he chose not to pursue relationships or sexual encounters with women.

There is another guy older I am not 100% certain he is a virgin but he is in his 60's.

As I said it means nothing. These men could find relationships etc. They just don't seem to want to make the effort. Not all do.

Fags.

A modern day, adult virgin is odd to say the least. I'd be wary of such a person and would do my utmost to not ever stand next to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

I am still a virgin at 62 .(not even had an anal probe ) .Whats it like ?Is it as good as they say ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement