Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Them Lads is too Cool!?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Always easy to spot the boys who've read Roys autobiography :)

I've never read it no, but if you are talking about Roy Keane I would happily say I am a fan. He isn't however anything unique, there are lots of personalities like him in winning teams all over the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I've never read it no, but if you are talking about Roy Keane I would happily say I am a fan. He isn't however anything unique, there are lots of personalities like him in winning teams all over the world.

You're a very impressive individual, especially opposed to all the other idiots and their 'bollox'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

This thread is full of absolute bollocks from a bunch of jealous whingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Ireland beating the reigning world champions in a competitive match is the finest sporting achievement of any team on this island.

Joachim Loew giving out about us playing long ball tactics afterwards made it even sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Red_Wake wrote: »
    cajonlardo wrote: »
    Irish people who follow sport but don't partake in sport, just don't get it

Compared to the volume of participants that England or France or many other countries can select from, and we are TINY. Compared to the investment in sport or the coaching resources and experience, or the facilities, we are in the hapenny place

Any of our internationals who make it onto the world stage have already overcome huge challenges.

To go on and win is therefore arguably a bigger achievement.

I've never won anything worth talking about. But I've been left in the the dust by champions - I've no illusions about what goes on.
    Unless you've been on the field, in the ring or race, it's difficult to understand what is going on.

France and England have less rugby players per capita then Ireland.

Don't let facts stop your backslapping though, it's another 6 months before Irish Rugby gets its bollocks ripped off in the RWC.
    I don't follow rugby so I will accept your word on that.
    How does that relate to the amount of players Ireland could chose from related to England or France?
    I'm guessing they both still have a bigger pool?

• Advertisement
Advertisement