Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

maccored wrote: »
    jaysus how many threads are going to end up telling francie he loves SF? Christ sake, would ye's ever cop on and attack the post and not the poster? doesnt that apply anymore around here?

It's very relevant to see where his political allegiance lies here.
    Didn't SF bring a motion forward to give travellers special ethnic status previously?
    It must be a shock to the system for some that a man like Casey upstaged SF to the point where they had nothing to do but wonder after their performance in the presidential election.
    What should have been a second favourite and positive experience for them turned into their biggest disaster in their electoral journey here in the Republic.
    Basically a nobody standing against something they strongly campaigned for wiped the floor with their candidate, of course Francie is going to be all over him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

It's almost starting to sound like some people would prefer an echo chamber and resent francie being here

No at all, healthy discourse is good. Although it becomes tedious when someone repeatedly makes claims and when asked to back them up they revert to claiming it's only their own opinion.
    Sure in that case in my opinion the moon is made of cheese and any contrary opinion is wrong because my opinion is all that counts to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

Has Jenny McGuire or whatever name she goes by now surfaced on Twitter since she made her idiotic tweet? Even John McGuirk called her out by posting a piece from the journal a few weeks back where he commented on direct provision. McGuire claimed in her tweet he said didn't know what DP was.

did anyone else see a bit of white snot hanging off her nose during the interview, or was it just me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Christ lads, less of the political party tribalism please. This isn't Politics Cafe 1.0.

Talk about LNR or SF's approach to traveller rights etc if you need, but the political party cheerleading will get this thread shut down.

It's almost starting to sound like some people would prefer an echo chamber and resent francie being here

it's almost as if you don't care about elderly people who are afraid to go out to their shed at night to bring in a bucket of turf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,100 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Edward M wrote: »
    It's very relevant to see where his political allegiance lies here.
    Didn't SF bring a motion forward to give travellers special ethnic status previously?
    It must be a shock to the system for some that a man like Casey upstaged SF to the point where they had nothing to do but wonder after their performance in the presidential election.
    What should have been a second favourite and positive experience for them turned into their biggest disaster in their electoral journey here in the Republic.
    Basically a nobody standing against something they strongly campaigned for wiped the floor with their candidate, of course Francie is going to be all over him.

I was adamantly behind Higgins when Casey was at 1-2% How does that fit into your narrative? :rolleyes:

SF have certainly received a knock, is it as a result of Casey per se or bad candidate choice?

The fact that Ni Riada was polling at 4-6% when Casey was at 1-2% gives the lie to a believable theory that he was wholly responsible.
    Higgins however fell from 70% in the polls to 56%.

Just sent my complaint into RTE. Wasn't sure whether to use my real name or not, in the end I ended up sending in 2 complaints to RTE. Will be moving onto the BAI if I am not satisfied with the response and then writing letters to the national newspapers.

This thug in a suit Tubridy needs to be called to task for his behaviour.

His perennial smirk won't be long disappearing.

In fairness who do you think would win out in Tubs lost control? Casey's a Derry lad they raise them tough up there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

it's almost as if you don't care about elderly people who are afraid to go out to their shed at night to bring in a bucket of turf

Overly dramatic statement don't you think?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Not at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I've been dipping in and out of the thread. What are all the complaints to RTE for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

I was adamantly behind Higgins when Casey was at 1-2% How does that fit into your narrative? :rolleyes:

SF have certainly received a knock, is it as a result of Casey per se or bad candidate choice?

The fact that Ni Riada was polling at 4-6% when Casey was at 1-2% gives the lie to a believable theory that he was wholly responsible.
    Higgins however fell from 70% in the polls to 56%.

He took from them all I'd agree.
    But as a talking point after the result, it's nott even Higgins win let alone the forgotten SF candidacy that's getting the headlines.
    Fair play to MDH, a great win and no arguing it.
    But looking forward to General election coming up, if a few we'll placed candidates, be it by party or strategically placed like minded independents, this type of vote could have implications for all party's.
    I can see why some would want him rubbished for political reasons, RTE tryed to help out but failed miserably.
    I can well understand the likes of the SDs courting him and why Sinn Fein maybe more than other party's would want him shut up.

I've been dipping in and out of the thread. What are all the complaints to RTE for?

https://evoke.ie/2018/11/03/extra/peter-casey-late-late-show

Stacked audience, ambushed, bias - the lot.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Whatever it takes to bring about their echo chamber

Basically for Tubs being a bigger plank than he usually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

https://evoke.ie/2018/11/03/extra/peter-casey-late-late-show

Stacked audience, ambushed, bias - the lot.

Seriously? It was a disaster of an interview alright but every one of his controversial interviews are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭omega man

Just sent my complaint into RTE. Wasn't sure whether to use my real name or not, in the end I ended up sending in 2 complaints to RTE. Will be moving onto the BAI if I am not satisfied with the response and then writing letters to the national newspapers.

As I just did. For what it’s worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

The travellers were mouthing off to Peter Casey without letting him reply. PC asked Ryan had he lost control. Tubridy replied, " if I lose control you'll know about it"

That and the general approach he took to interogating PC rather than interview him.

The travellers were mouthing off to Peter Casey without letting him reply. PC asked Ryan had he lost control. Tubridy replied, " if I lose control you'll know about it"

That and the general approach he took to interogating PC rather than interview him.

Seriously? It was a disaster of an interview alright but every one of his controversial interviews are.

When was the last time Tubs did a controversial interview ?

His one with Halawa had all the authority of a Cilla Black post Blind Date chat.

• Advertisement

i would pay the tv license if they got rid of Ryan "dainty little boy" tubridy and ray "biscuits" darcy
    as long as those pair of luadramawns are sucking at the rte trough they won't see a red cent from me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

Letting Casey show himself up for the gombeen man that he is!

DChancer wrote:

The complaints to RTE ain't about Casey. Whether Tubs agreed with Casey or not is irrelevant the fact he was a guest on the show he should have been accorded respect or don't invite him on. Simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,100 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Edward M wrote: »
    He took from them all I'd agree.
    But as a talking point after the result, it's nott even Higgins win let alone the forgotten SF candidacy that's getting the headlines.
    Fair play to MDH, a great win and no arguing it.
    But looking forward to General election coming up, if a few we'll placed candidates, be it by party or strategically placed like minded independents, this type of vote could have implications for all party's.
    I can see why some would want him rubbished for political reasons, RTE tryed to help out but failed miserably.
    I can well understand the likes of the SDs courting him and why Sinn Fein maybe more than other party's would want him shut up.

RTE are in this Shinner conspiracy too? :D

There is always a loser in an election, FG lost dramatically last time and it wasn't a death knell for them.

Looking at the figures and the stats before Casey stirred the hate pot and rose the easy vote (imo) it would look to me that SF's early poll figures indicated that they just picked the wrong candidate. Ni Riada never really moved in the polls from start to finish. Higgins dropped and Gallagher dropped much more dramatically.
    Traditionally people seem to veer outside party allegiances at Presidential election time. It's the person more than the party.

DChancer wrote: »

Oh hey Ryan...

DChancer wrote:

The complaints to RTE ain't about Casey. Whether Tubs agreed with Casey or not is irrelevant the fact he was a guest on the show he should have been accorded respect or don't invite him on. Simple really.
    Casey showed himself up as a gombeen man
    He got the respect he deserved
    It's not Tubs fault or RTE's fault that Casey is an incoherent megolomaic with little or no knowledge of this States Constitution or laws or how the political process works.

His perennial smirk won't be long disappearing.

actually tubs could redeem himself
    rte make a documentary where ryano has to get out of his bed at 7am, go to a carpark where there's 20 tonnes of gravel, wheelbarrow and a shovel, and tubs has to shift the whole pile 100m across the carpark in a day, on camera

how do you confuce ryan tubridy
    put three shovel up against a wall and tell him to take his pick

UsBus wrote: »
    DChancer wrote: »

Oh hey Ryan...
    As pathetically childish as it gets
    Really shows you up for what you are

In fairness who do you think would win out in Tubs lost control? Casey's a Derry lad they raise them tough up there.

Tubsy knows karate

• Advertisement

DChancer wrote:
    Casey showed himself up as a gombeen man He got the respect he deserved It's not Tubs fault or RTE's fault that Casey is an incoherent megolomaic with little or no knowledge of this States Constitution or laws or how the political process works.

Megolomanic? lol the hysterics are getting amusing now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement