Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a Bartop

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So which one are you going for Steve, the unpainted one or the white finished one? Are there extra parts needed for these like the cp, marquuee fitting, perspex, screws/nuts & bolts etc...are tare they an whole complete kit?

Do they support 19" screens? Will they house a full sized atx board & psu? So many questions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

White will look like poo.. You defo need to paint it or apply vinyls to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

A full sized PSU will fit in them no problem, have one in mine.

White will look like poo.. You defo need to paint it or apply vinyls to it.

Ya think? I think they look pretty nice actually, the vid they have of the assembly {the one in German} it shows one at the end all finished up with black sticks & buttons...I thought it looked pretty well
    Achilles wrote: »
    A full sized PSU will fit in them no problem, have one in mine.

Cheers, I'll be looking to transplant the guts of my current mamecab into a bartop, & its all full sized stuff.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Ya think? I think they look pretty nice actually, the vid they have of the assembly {the one in German} it shows one at the end all finished up with black sticks & buttons...I thought it looked pretty well

Cheers, I'll be looking to transplant the guts of my current mamecab into a bartop, & its all full sized stuff.

You might need to source a small enough motherboard though. Small form factor board with one PCI-E slot should do the trick, especially if you want to upgrade the graphics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Here's a diagram of the base bartop kit. I was thinking of going for the white board at first but it looks too much like the wood in cheap bedroom furniture i think.
    You just get the wood primed and cut from arcadeforge unless you go for extras. I'm not going with a full size atx system board myself and hoping to avoid using a standard psu as well. Although if i go with an Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe and an intel i7 I think a pico psu isnt going to cut it.

4u2p.jpg

Google Drive link to the docs from arcadeforge:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B69DctF0Bt9BaVVtZUJOZEZQNFE&usp

Looks like my build alright.

Anyone know the strength difference between mdf and coated chipboard?
    After a second look at the white coated option it's given me some ideas, but it's coated chipboard and I don't know if thats a lot weaker than mdf.

I'll bow out of your order at this stage Steve, gonna look at another option but thanks anyway :)

They'd both be roughly around the same I'd say, I currently have a 42" TV currently mounted to a large sheet of chipboard as part of a TV unit.

Personally I'd prefer working with MDF but that might just be me.

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    I'll bow out of your order at this stage Steve, gonna look at another option but thanks anyway :)

No probs dude. Will see how my one goes.
    I've decided to risk it all and go for the white one :eek:
    I can always get vinyl skins for it if it turns out looking really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

For someone like me that'd make a balls of even cutting the wood for these myself, one of those might be a good option. Sadly, funds are a little more limited at the minute. I haven't even got my ipac/joysticks/buttons for the standalone cp yet! :(

Advertisement