Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade machine for the house

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

wouldnt bother me in the slightest...
    The missus on the other hand :)

I only have 2 cabs at the moment and she hates them...

Ha ha
    I sold one last night so down to 3,
    what have you ?

I sold one a couple of months ago aswell.

I had got 2 mame full size cabs and a bartop that I am working on for my niece.
    The bartop should be finished but I made a mess of spray painting the plexi for the bezel.

Waiting to find someone who can do it for me or alternatively I will go with posterboard behind the plexi.
    Hope to finish it in a couple of weeks.

the main cab is a restored electrocoin xenon (its a beast of a cab), I just have it running mame and a few other emu's c64, sega , virtual pinball etc.
    It needs a revamp aswell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

have a xenon myself, great cabs. spraying the plexi, im restoring a cocktail table and will at some stage have to think about either spraying the glass i get made or sticking a piece of card in behind it. what went wrong with the spraying? is it hard to do ?

ah I think it was me, I sprayed it too thick from the can.
    Don't think I masked it well enough either, it was a complete mess.
    When I did the Xenon I just did posterboard covered in vinyl and put it behind the glass.
    Much simpler and looks ok.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

ah grand, ive never sprayed glass before and there is a fair bit of masking to do on a cocktail table, plus ill have to pay to get the glass made so dont want to make a balls of it.

ah i'd say you will be grand.
    Anything electronic wise I am great at but anything handy like wood or painting etc, not a hope.

The missus is the handyman in the house (as such) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

sham69 wrote: »
    wouldnt bother me in the slightest...
    The missus on the other hand :)

I only have 2 cabs at the moment and she hates them...
    Wait until you start bringing home pinballs, all cabinets are small compared to them:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Wait until you start bringing home pinballs, all cabinets are small compared to them:eek:

You've seen my 50" Gunblade cab right? :D

is the gunblade back to 100%?

• Advertisement

With the exception of the Mother Gunblade, that's the trick start off with one or 2 massive cabinets, Pinballs then soon your missus will be begging for a house of candies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

urbanledge wrote: »
    is the gunblade back to 100%?

Needs a psu, got some from Mitch but they were all busted. Will have to buy a high amp generic cab psu & build a wiring loom to connect it to the Model 2 harness as I don't want to cut off the existing connectors. Like everything, I'll get to it eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

sham69 wrote:
    I had got 2 mame full size cabs and a bartop that I am working on for my niece.
    I think it would be K-RAD to have mame in a stand up cabinet! (I love early 80s games and having them all IN A CAB would be cool!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

EnterNow wrote: »
    Needs a psu, got some from Mitch but they were all busted. Will have to buy a high amp generic cab psu & build a wiring loom to connect it to the Model 2 harness as I don't want to cut off the existing connectors. Like everything, I'll get to it eventually

http://www.videotronicsuk.com/, cheap as if I remember and recieved in 2 days.

Can't see any on his site now but mail him mo@videotronicsuk.com.
    Great little site actually with loads of bits and bobs

Think model 3 psu has the exact same connectors anyway.

Actually a lad called LoRez on AO offered me one for 25 quid inc shipping,hit him up as well

chunkis wrote: »
    that shipping price is only fixed until next Wednesday, i guess after then its too late to get our cabs on that particular boat, so new transport needs to be arranged, i am happy with the price and i don`t care about it going down, but i definitely don`t want it to go up, so want to buy these machines before/on Wednesday, so on mon/tues ill pm the people who are definite and arrange payment details.
    I think this ship has sailed!

A full container 40foot
    4 cabs wide by 20long could work

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Looking at the stacking/wood used, it seems to be the same guys (if not very similar) to the place the OP is getting his.

I'd love a pinball machine, a candy, a dedciated driving cab and I think I would be happy then...

Ok maybe a dedicated shooting game, point blank or one of those.

I have 2 shooters for my mame cab but too lazy to connect them up.
    They're 2 guncon pistols that I modified with the aimtraks.

Never got them calibarated properly , might give it a go this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

sham69 wrote: »
    I'd love a pinball machine, a candy, a dedciated driving cab and I think I would be happy then...

Ok maybe a dedicated shooting game, point blank or one of those.

I have 2 shooters for my mame cab but too lazy to connect them up.
    They're 2 guncon pistols that I modified with the aimtraks.

Never got them calibarated properly , might give it a go this weekend.

Isn't it funny how 'the dream' changes when you start actually getting cabs?

Originally I wanted a woody cab. Just the one, then I'll be happy. - bought one, was delighted, then discovered Japanese candy cabs.

So bought one of them, loved it - oh no! how do I play vertical games?

Second candy arrives...fantastic...but now I'm looking at dedicated shooters thinking to myself 'dare I?'

Never bloody happy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Can you link me to that image or copy and paste it, because i can`t view it, cheers

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Isn't it funny how 'the dream' changes when you start actually getting cabs?

Originally I wanted a woody cab. Just the one, then I'll be happy. - bought one, was delighted, then discovered Japanese candy cabs.

So bought one of them, loved it - oh no! how do I play vertical games?

Second candy arrives...fantastic...but now I'm looking at dedicated shooters thinking to myself 'dare I?'

Never bloody happy! :D

I know what you mean.
    I look at arcade controls forumm all the time and some of the stuff on there is amazing.

A wall mounted touchscreen jukebox will be my project in the new year ;)

chunkis wrote: »
    Can you link me to that image or copy and paste it, because i can`t view it, cheers
    attached

Well I guess this never got off the ground?

Advertisement