Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade machine for the house

Options
  • 23-08-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Sup guys,

Would anybody be interested in buying an astro city arcade machine for the house?

Astro city machines normally go for about 300/400 euros and then shipping on top of that, if your lucky to find one for sale and pick one up it can set you back as much as 700 or 800 euros. One of our own members in the irish fgc bought one a few years ago and his cost 900 euros all in, and even at 900 euros it was a lovely purchase.

candyv.jpg

I have a contact who has 6 of these bad boys for sale and they are for sale at 100 euros each. Now i know what your thinking 100 euros each, i want one now! But shipping for these 6 machines to ireland is a massive 1400 euros!! Thats 1900 euros in total for the machines and for shipping, which is a lot of money, but 1900 euros split 6 ways comes to about 300 euros each. 300 euros for an astro city machine including shipping is pretty cheap. I mean even if you were on the dole you could afford to buy one of these its so cheap.

This is a serious bargain for serious gamers, if anybody is interested post up and let me know asap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

I'm interested for 300 euro if the button layout is 6/8 for SF, rather than like in the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I should be getting paid in the next 1-2 weeks, consider me a maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Interested but I'd need to see some more details before I'd commit to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

I am waiting on pictures and more details about the machines, so ill post up as soon as i know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Would that shipping cover to the door or would further shipping be needed to get to the house?

I'd be interested but I'm off for the next 3 weeks or so just fyi.

• Advertisement

Orim, that shipping is just to the dublin port, you would need somebody to pick up your machine for you. But this company will also ship to your house too, but i wouldn`t bother because am pretty sure they would be mega expensive, your better off picking it up yourself. In saying that i have a mate with a van so i could probably organise delivery for people in or around the dublin/dundalk area, it would be cheap enough too probabaly around 35/40 euros a head mark and to be honest you would probably want to either collect it yourself or have me collect it for you, instead of it rocking around the back of some dodgy delivery drivers van.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

One of the Galway guys is big into arcade cabs. I'll pass this along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Where are they coming from Chunkis?
    What a deal.
    Lads once you play SF on a candy cab with a 29" monitor in your face you will never look back.
    Twas me that bought one 3 years ago for 900.
    I paid 250 shipping plus 200 for a tri-sync monitor chassis,needed if you wanna hook sf4/xbox up to it, ohh and 50 for 2p 6 button cp.

But **** 300 for an Astro is an unbelievable bargain...made for fighting games big time.Jump on this lads big time, you won't regret it.
    Count me in, Ill get another.
    Chunkis, when talking to seller you gottta get hard info on each monitor in the cabs,detailed pics.
    get pictures of test grids on each one to show any geometry issues,are they the original Nanao monitors,do they have screen burn?are they the original monitor chassis?

old vid is all I could find of cab when I got it running SF4,

pic a few months ago with sunset riders PCB...what a monitor
    xdw2.jpg

Again jump on them lads,what an investment and price.
    Get pics and info on the monitors chunkis.
    Thanks again for this find man...we may all be playing each other the way the game is meant to be played soon.
    I've played many of you's online scoffing while sitting at my astro in pure bliss

Here is a bit more information on the cabs.

unfortunately these machines have already been packed away in the container and i wasn`t able to get any close up pictures or any details regarding each machine, what you see in the pictures is what you get.

http://s10.postimg.org/dthimgrd5/20130820_163131.jpg

The machines are new astro city machines which come with the improved sound speakers and duel res monitors. From the pictures the cabs look in pretty good condition, the stickers on the cabs looks like they have all come from the same arcade, so with a bit of luck they have been well looked after. The machines come with a mixture of 2 player pannels and 1 player pannels and overall the machines look in pretty good condition and are ready to ship.

before anybody makes up there mind about buying or not buying these let me just point out a few things, first of all this is a real bargain, 300 euros for an astro city cab delivered to ireland is really cheap. The cabs all look in good condition and are all in good working order.

For people who are living on the east coast i can arrange delivery after they arrive in dublin, ive already spoke to emsixteen and will deliver his cab up to colrain, so if there is anybody else in the north who wants one i can also deliver, but i wont be driving to galway or anywhere crazy like that.

I also want two of these machines for myself, leaving only 4 left. So who ever wants one has to be on the ball.

• Advertisement

Where are they coming from Chunkis?
    What a deal.
    Lads once you play SF on a candy cab with a 29" monitor in your face you will never look back.
    Twas me that bought one 3 years ago for 900.
    I paid 250 shipping plus 200 for a tri-sync monitor chassis,needed if you wanna hook sf4/xbox up to it, ohh and 50 for 2p 6 button cp.

But **** 300 for an Astro is an unbelievable bargain...made for fighting games big time.Jump on this lads big time, you won't regret it.
    Count me in, Ill get another.
    Chunkis, when talking to seller you gottta get hard info on each monitor in the cabs,detailed pics.
    get pictures of test grids on each one to show any geometry issues,are they the original Nanao monitors,do they have screen burn?are they the original monitor chassis?

Unky, the machines are coming from hong kong, now the downside is i don`t know what the monitors are going to be like, but as far as i know these machines are 100% all original parts, because they havent been resold around europe. I am expecting some screen burn but nothing major and with a bit of luck they have been well looked after. But am no expert, i mean what you see in the picture is what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I live directly on the path to Coleraine (about 20 miles down the road) so I wouldn't mind getting in on that deal, maybe see if he'd be interested in splitting the delivery cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm passing over first-dib rights cos I realised I have to put money into my car.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I'd totally get one, only I have nowhere to put it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,632 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Real bargain there lads. Just to give you a comparison (as I've imported two now), the only other real option to import Japanese candy cabs into Ireland is through Ronnie in the Netherlands.

He tends to sell Astros for around the €500 mark. (dependant on screen burn, more burn cheaper price) Shipping would be another €100+ on top of that.

€300 is unreal and if I had more space I'd be jumping at this.

Just to note that 29 inch cabs are bigger in person than they look in photos. Astro City control panels don't disconnect easily like an Atomiswave SD. You need to remove whole front panel sections on the cab. So make sure you are either comfortable disassembling it on arrival or else have door frames big enough to fit it through.

But yeah, absolute bargain. Good luck with the shipment :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Wow great price, Initialy posted this saying take my money. but now i think about it, i dont have the room.. would love one though!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Yes I would be interested!
    But , need more photos of the exact machine that I'm getting ... :)

Master of the Universe

chunkis wrote: »

unfortunately these machines have already been packed away in the container and i wasn`t able to get any close up pictures or any details regarding each machine, what you see in the pictures is what you get.

http://s10.postimg.org/dthimgrd5/20130820_163131.jpg

:eek: Only just saw this photo now. That's a tad concerning.

These cabs should really be shipped standing up. Each one weight almost 100kg. So it looks like the cabs on the bottom are going to have 200kg stacked on top of them.

I know space is at a premium and these are going for extra cheap. However NACs have a lot of plastic construction. Hope the ones at the bottom don't end up with any cracks/warped frames due to the weight.

Saying that, if I had the room I'd still take the chance for €300 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Have you taken in to account any customs duty and VAT you would be liable for on the arrival at dublin port. I think consoles are duty free but I'm not sure about cabs, you will have to pay VAT regardless. The first picture is an Astro and the horizontal cabs are New Astros, the speaker grille on the one I can see is brown as an ashtray. You say that the cabs are in pretty good condition but in the next post you say you're no expert, i mean what you see in the picture is what you get. I don't think I would put down 300 for a pig in a poke.
    What do think will happen if the cabs land and they're all junk. I don't think people will walk away and drop the money, I know I wouldn't. This has happened on other forums. It's true that cabs have had parts swapped out when they land in Europe this is usually to rectify problems they suffer from the previous life screen burn in, knackered buttons etc. I know you probably have the best of intentions but be aware of the pitfalls of buying cabs unseen.

Savage deal,
    Are they on route to dublin?
    A friend of mime might be interested

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

They most definitely will get hit for VAT. I'd asdumed that was factored into the price.

If not, that could bring them up to more like Ronnie's prices.

You'd still be saving om shipping though.

Hmmm. Interested in seeing how this pans out.

The more I think of 200kg on a plastic hood all the way from China the more it worries me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Interested but what about VAT, customs charges?

I emailed about customs and they gave me a big list of charges for customs handling, insurance and other stuff in regards to shipping, it all seems to be included in the shipping price, ive delt with this guy before and the last time i bought goods from him they actually marked down the price of the items i bought to avoid custom charges altogether, so am hoping that if the customs charge isn`t included he will do that again for me, but am waiting on email confirmation on that.

I also have concerns too about how the machines will come, but ive been in or around the arcade scene all my life and ive seen machines packed like this before so it doesn`t bother me at all, in fact in 2003 when i lived in london machines that were bought for an arcade i used to go to came exactly like this, ive seen this kind of transportation a few times since then, although its not exactly ideal, its the cheapest way to do it, the machines at the time were were versus city, not astro, so it would have been twice as heavy. And those machines are still working 100% today, after 11 years. Most machines that come to europe are generally shipped like that acording to killercabs expert Mr Megalo, he used to buy machines from japan and distribute around europe, its only when machines come to europe and get fixed up and resold do they look new, but nothing inside them actually changes that much, its mostly just a new paint job. Sometimes you get monitors that are in bad shape, but am hoping that everything here in these machines is 100%.

But anything you buy second hand is always going to have risk involved, and to be honest at this price am prepared to get what i pay for, its an amazing deal, like people really should just jump on it.

Fair enough Chunkis. personally I don't care about the cosmetics, scratches and cracks can be repaired easily
    It's the monitors we're taking a big time gamble on. If you get one that's ****ed your left with a lump of plastic and wires,nothing more.
    To get a new monitor/chassis would be around the 250€ mark probably more with shipping.
    On the retro forum we have seen a good few cabs shipped here arriving with bogey monitors from transit,after seeing pics of it working perfect pre transport
    Again its a gamble,it always will be...it's just hard to stump up money with out proof of the machines working before transport.
    Still it's a gamble that could well pay off

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

It's the monitors we're taking a big time gamble on. If you get one that's ****ed your left with a lump of plastic and wires,nothing more.

That's the major concern for sure. €300 for an NAC is obviously an amazing price, almost tempted myself but without pictures of the monitor's working it's too much of a gamble for me - without a decent monitor it's a giant paperweight. Touch wood they'll all be 100% and you'll have gotten a great deal. Always great to have more candy's in the country too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'd be all over this if I had the funds. Still considering it to be honest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

chunkis wrote: »
    I emailed about customs and they gave me a big list of charges for customs handling, insurance and other stuff in regards to shipping, it all seems to be included in the shipping price, ive delt with this guy before and the last time i bought goods from him they actually marked down the price of the items i bought to avoid custom charges altogether, so am hoping that if the customs charge isn`t included he will do that again for me, but am waiting on email confirmation on that.
    The seller is obviously sending FOB but as its coming in a container you need to contact the agent in Dublin regarding charges, they could be massive(hundreds), its not like getting a parcel from a courier. There is VAT, Customs clearance, terminal handling, agency fee, security fee, etc.
    I'll gladly give you €300 but I'm afraid its going to be more

I bought 2 body kits for cars which arrived in a container and had the pleasure of paying €700 in charges to collect them from a company in swords who were the agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smliv

i,ll go 300 thanks for the opportunity send me pm if need any more info

before anybody gives a definite yes or no, let me get as much information on the cabs as i can, i don`t wanna lose/waste money anymore than you guys, so i wanna make sure what we buy is as good as it appears to be, now for the 2nd time ive requested that the machines be taken out and switched on so we can see what we are working with, but this wouldn`t put me off even if they say no as i can see its a pretty big job to take them out and hook them up, but i am serious buyer, so they should hopefully do it, ive also requested information on customs, so lets wait and see what happens.

But it terms of looks/cosmetics these machines are not going to look like the ones you buy from in or around europe, because they wont have a fresh paint job and new/cleaned up control panels, these are coming straight from the arcade and are used. Now the machines are working and when buying something as old as astro city arcade machines there is always going to be some risk involved no matter where they come from.

Now anybody who is serious knows a real bargain when they see one, and this is it, for us who live as far away from arcade machines as you could possibly get this is a real opportunity to get a machine at a good price.

Ive considered worst case senarios in my head and even if they came broken, which i hope they don`t, but if a repair was needed it would probably still be cheaper having a machine in your house ready for repair, instead of forking out 800 or 900 euros for a machine that could still break on you. But hopefully fingers crossed they all arrive safe and in good condition.

So for people who are serious about buying these pm me so i can make a list, if it comes down to it, ill just be picking the first people who showed interest and take it from there. Now the last thing is, that shipping price is only fixed until next Wednesday, i guess after then its too late to get our cabs on that particular boat, so new transport needs to be arranged, i am happy with the price and i don`t care about it going down, but i definitely don`t want it to go up, so want to buy these machines before/on Wednesday, so on mon/tues ill pm the people who are definite and arrange payment details.

For anybody who i don`t know (am talking about the guys from the arcade retro forum) who feel like they don`t wanna just hand over 300 euros to some stranger thats cool, but for all the FGC guys who know me, i expect you guys to be on the ball, since these machines are the roots of what our scene is about it should be something you guys jump at, finance/funding/space/time permitted.

Anyway ill post back as soon as i know more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

How soon would you need the money? I've always wanted an arcade machine (been looking into building one as importing is usually an insane option but this price is amazing) but right now's not a great time. If I had a month or so to play with, though, I could definitely be interested.

Advertisement