Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop & Scan Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Yes, i used 10 cards in lifestyle sports, took ages, im sure the girl was cursing me, i dont know why they cant send cards for bigger amounts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Anyone know how Amazon vouchers are sent.
    Black Friday is coming up soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G3467

Anyone know how Amazon vouchers are sent.
    Black Friday is coming up soon!

Sent by ecode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I tried to order one a few weeks ago, for some reason it wouldn't process my order. They still had the physical ones in stock too, so I just went for that instead. No idea what the problem was or whether it's fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

Thanks guys. I'm dreading standing there with 10 cards!! Amazon is easy as they just add it to your account and you can use at any time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Can someone explain to me how the points system works? I've had my kit for two weeks now and don't seem to be earning any points for scanning my shopping, just the receipts.

Week 1. 60 points earned
    - 1 shop scanned
    - 1 receipt submitted

Week 2. 60 points earned
    - 3 shops scanned
    - 3 receipts submitted

paulers06 wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how the points system works? I've had my kit for two weeks now and don't seem to be earning any points for scanning my shopping, just the receipts.

Week 1. 60 points earned
    - 1 shop scanned
    - 1 receipt submitted

Week 2. 60 points earned
    - 3 shops scanned
    - 3 receipts submitted

The deadline is Sunday with the points allocated Monday/Tuesday.
    60 for receipt/140 for scan.

I just do one scan/receipt per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Thanks! Must send them an email as i don't seem to be getting the 140 points for my scan.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Has anyone signed up with them recently? I have emailed them a couple of times and they've told me to call a Helpdesk number to sign up but the number seems to be disconnected. I'm calling from a mobile if that makes any difference. When I emailed to tell them the guy more or less said calling that number is the only way to sign up, can't do it online or via email which seems a bit daft. The number on their website was different to the one he gave me and yet I couldn't get through (or even a ring) on either one which I found odd.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Submit receipts? That's something I've never done :confused:

Are they emailed in or what?

I just scan all the items on the receipt, that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Newer option is taking photos of the receipts. Lower return I think.

byte wrote: »
    Submit receipts? That's something I've never done :confused:

Are they emailed in or what?

I just scan all the items on the receipt, that's it.

I do both. There is an option in the app/ on website to upload a photo of your receipt.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not if you are on the old fixed monthly payment scheme.

L1011 wrote: »
    Not if you are on the old fixed monthly payment scheme.

What was the old scheme?

What was the old scheme?

Depends on precisely when you signed up. 6 a month is what I get. Been doing it for a decade at this stage.

Depends on precisely when you signed up. 6 a month is what I get. Been doing it for a decade at this stage.

6 what?
    I get 200 points a week.
    I got about. €100 for the last 12months. Didn't upload everything, every week.

6 euro - 600 points. There's multiple bonuses including 2000 on your signup date every year.

I suspect not uploading everything is not something you should admit - it's inaccurate data...

6 euro - 600 points. There's multiple bonuses including 2000 on your signup date every year.

I suspect not uploading everything is not something you should admit - it's inaccurate data...

They seem more interested in the scan as I get a call if I miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've been doing it for about 8 years, and like L1011 I get about 600 points a week. Just placed my order for Christmas vouchers!

dudara wrote: »
    I've been doing it for about 8 years, and like L1011 I get about 600 points a week. Just placed my order for Christmas vouchers!

Is that just 1 scan a week?

I fell like I've been robbed ;)

• Advertisement

No, its everything.

They will contact you if you don't do anything in a given week but they're not looking for 1 scan - as that gives them no useful data at all. Unless you are also uploading all other receipts, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

600 points a week?! i get 540 a month, what am i doing wrong?!

bungaro79 wrote: »
    600 points a week?! i get 540 a month, what am i doing wrong?!

600 a month.

I suspect the max amount depends on the Sterling rate at the time you sign up - 800 seems to date from when it was really bad recently, 540 from when it was very strong, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I scan with a barcode reader - as often as I shop. So in a way, it doesn't matter if it's one shop or 10 shops, I get the same amount.

paulers06 wrote: »

Week 1. 60 points earned
    - 1 shop scanned
    - 1 receipt submitted

Week 2. 60 points earned
    - 3 shops scanned
    - 3 receipts submitted

Stupid question, but did you transmit the data from the scanner via the software you downloaded to your computer, where you enter your reference number, connect device via cable and then click transmit data? After which you can upload receipts on the website when you login.

60 points is just the till receipts. You have to transmit the data on the same day every week (if you do it once a week). I'm surprised you haven't had hate mail threatening to throw you off the panel! (I got them at first, so now I transmit every Saturday)

Gormal wrote: »
    Stupid question, but did you transmit the data from the scanner via the software you downloaded to your computer, where you enter your reference number, connect device via cable and then click transmit data? After which you can upload receipts on the website when you login.

60 points is just the till receipts. You have to transmit the data on the same day every week (if you do it once a week). I'm surprised you haven't had hate mail threatening to throw you off the panel! (I got them at first, so now I transmit every Saturday)

Once it's transmitted at least once a week it doesn't matter what day.
    The week closes Sunday and the points are credited Monday/Tuesday.

Based on what others have said, I'm getting 800 points a month as opposed to their 600. I don't feel so hard done by now :)

This new structure sounds like an utter faff. I scan receipts and dump them in to a scanner attached to my phone line. My brother who also has one doesn't have a phone line and his one has a SIM card in it but otherwise is the same

No photos, no software (just as well - I rarely have a Windows or Mac machine in the house), etc.

This new structure sounds like an utter faff. I scan receipts and dump them in to a scanner attached to my phone line. My brother who also has one doesn't have a phone line and his one has a SIM card in it but otherwise is the same

No photos, no software (just as well - I rarely have a Windows or Mac machine in the house), etc.

It's very simple.
    Download software.
    Plug scanner into my laptop. Software opens automatically and I press transmit.
    Take a photo of my receipt and upload it on the website.
    200 points
    Job done!

It's very simple.
    Download software.
    Plug scanner into my laptop. Software opens automatically and I press transmit.
    Take a photo of my receipt and upload it on the website.
    200 points
    Job done!

Far too much faffing. I'd have to find my scanner, see if their software is cross-platform, if not use the network scan function on my scanner which is hideous, etc etc.

I'll keep the barcode unit... for a normal shop it doesn't delay me a second really as its when I put stuff away and make sure I haven't left stuff in the car; it is a little tricky for the greengrocers but that's about it.

I'd also say they get better data from the barcode unit - impossible to tell what brand "HANDWASH" or "FROZEN PIZZA" on the Tesco receipt that happens to be beside me is. And you need to already know what something like "WOLT DRK" is!

• Advertisement

Once it's transmitted at least once a week it doesn't matter what day.
    The week closes Sunday and the points are credited Monday/Tuesday.

Based on what others have said, I'm getting 800 points a month as opposed to their 600. I don't feel so hard done by now :)

I got hate mail threatening to throw me off the panel, because I wasn't transmitting on the same day every week, even though I sent it in between Monday and Sunday. Say one week was Wednesday and the next Thursday, I got that strongly worded letter a few times. It's every 7th day, unless you do it more than once a week, but I do one weekly shop and upload it all on Saturday. No more nasty letters since. I get 200 points a week.

PS I had fun in Argos with all those cards, having to sign for every single one and god the length of the receipt you'd think I was going out of there with a sack load. However it worked fine, next week I went in with the Argos €10 off voucher and it wouldn't work :P

Advertisement