Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Asking a girl out in a mad way

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

Well OP how did it go...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Stand near her, but not too near and when she looks over, discreetly show an A4 with "Fancy a coffee sometime?" written in large writing. She will either nod or shake her head.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Desoh

Ok well she is not on it this morning so she must be off or something. Will have to lave it until tomorrow, dam! Very interesting replies thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Well OP how did it go...

Maybe she threw him under the Luas!

Desoh wrote: »
    Ok well she is not on it this morning so she must be off or something. Will have to lave it until tomorrow, dam! Very interesting replies thanks

Or maybe she is on boards, & thinking so that's what the weirdo staring at me was doing, & will never get that luas again :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Ask her does does she want your last rolo, she will either know what it means or tell you she doesn't do sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I was out with my oh and his pal in a pub just before Christmas and there was a group of people sitting in the chairs behind us. One fella approached me and said "are you with one of them?" I said "ye that's my husband" and he responded "that's your husband?" as though he didn't believe me. It got a bit awkward then but he ended up apologizing and shaking hands with my oh.

Later, my oh and his friend went for a cigarette and your man was sitting in the seat directly behind me at this stage. He tapped me on the shoulder, leaned over and said "are ya happy though?". I said "ye i am" but then he stared at me for a bit too long as if he was searching for any doubt on my face :pac:

I didn't know whether to be annoyed, flattered or amused. I suppose you'd have to give him credit for the blatant persistence and manipulative streak :D

Op I wouldn't do any of the letters or gestures like that. Could you strike up a bit of conversation with her and see from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Something something prosecco, something something wine, something something melted wheel of camembert. Done.

Have the ring ready though, she'll want to marry you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

"I want your torso in my freezer".

You did say a mad way...

Brilliant...laughed out loud at this

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Op just go and talk to her, dont jump into asking her out straight off though. suss her out and see if she actually is interested.

in my single days, i had a similar situation on the luas to work and it ended up with the girl actually asking me out one day, but we had talked for a few days before that.nothing ever came of it as we were different people but it was a good feeling when a random strange took time out to make an effort like that.

• Advertisement

I wish we had a Luas here...makes it so easier

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

If she has earphones in, then just do this.

tumblr_n0ovvks89M1sz59s2o1_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Have you ever got a smell of fart off her OP?

She's not giving him the eye at all, she's just clenching really hard until he's standing upwind:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Candie wrote: »
    He could have it on his phone, volume up full, and lip-sync it to her while lapdancing his way up the Luas to where she's sitting. I don't know if Luaseseseses have poles, but he could swing around one for effect if they do.

Bound to win her over.

:D
    Crying laughing at this image.

Yes, Candie the Luaseseseseseses have poles, but are usually so jam packed, I'm afraid this may not work :D

As long as you have a backup route for getting to work, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

A guy I know did that. He used to see this girl every morning on the Dart, she'd get off at Tara, he'd carry on to Pearse. One morning I was with him and he said "f**k it" and hopped off at Tara to ask her out.

For some reason our paths didn't really cross much after that, but many years later I saw him out with some kids... and the girl. So there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Or maybe she is on boards, & thinking so that's what the weirdo staring at me was doing, & will never get that luas again :eek::eek:

First thing that came into my mind when he said she wasn't on the Lias today.

Oh yeah, do it on a Friday so that if she actually wants to meet up, ye don't have a few days awkwardly stuck on the Luas together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

eeguy wrote: »
    Lol? TXT? Are you really 33? More like 16. Is that meant to be an emojI?

Hey,
    My name is X. I think you're beautiful I am a psychopath. Would you like to go for a drink sometime this week?
    My number is 08whatever.
    Say hi.

FYP

A guy I know did that. He used to see this girl every morning on the Dart, she'd get off at Tara, he'd carry on to Pearse. One morning I was with him and he said "f**k it" and hopped off at Tara to ask her out.

For some reason our paths didn't really cross much after that, but many years later I saw him out with some kids... and the girl. So there you go.

So you saw her one morning for a few minutes and you still recognised her many years later and lost contact with your friend after he met her, why don't I believe you?

• Advertisement

Op are you sure she's giving you the eye? Maybe you are staring at her and she is thinking why does he keep staring at me, does she smile when you look at her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

You should just ask her out verbally!!

Anything else is weird, it's like you've put too much thought into it and you've been thinking her too much.

Getting off at the same stop would be a good idea.

Try smiling at her a few mornings before you ask her out.
    If she smiles back then ask her out on Friday, get off at the same stop.
    Everyone is a good mood on a Friday and as another poster said, you've the weekend to recover if she says no!

Best of Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Whatever you do, get somebody to record it so we can watch it and possibly laugh our arses off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Sam Kade wrote: »
    So you saw her one morning for a few minutes and you still recognised her many years later and lost contact with your friend after he met her, why don't I believe you?

I was doing a summer course with him, I didn't say we were friends. We got the train together in the mornings. This was about 1996 so I don't really remember all the details, but we used to see this really good looking girl every morning on the Dart. I had a gf but he didn't so he asked her out, and they obviously ended up going out and having kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

I don't think the note the OP is planning on giving is that bad. I like it actually, just lose the 'lol' and don't put TXT, write properly!

People are saying 'just talk to her' but she's sitting there with headphones in, it hardly makes it easy for him.

I wouldn't just drop it into her lap and scarper though, walk over confidently and hand it to her with a smile.
    Confidence is attractive.

Oh and just to add, as already mentioned I think Friday is definitely the best time to do it.
    Good luck OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Maybe it's the cynic in me or I'm a more glass half empty type of guy but isn't the persistent headphones a bit of a sign that this girl wants zero contact with any of her fellow Luasers? Things are probably different these days.

On the other hand I'm not the type to die wondering either so you need to trot out the old 'have you any Irish in ye' line. Then buy yourself a bicycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Maybe it's the cynic in me or I'm a more glass half empty type of guy but isn't the persistent headphones a bit of a sign that this girl wants zero contact with any of her fellow Luasers? Things are probably different these days.

On the other hand I'm not the type to die wondering either so you need to trot out the old 'have you any Irish in ye' line. Then buy yourself a bicycle.

Agreed, you'd need some serious signals to ask a girl to take off her headphones to ask her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Maybe it's the cynic in me or I'm a more glass half empty type of guy but isn't the persistent headphones a bit of a sign that this girl wants zero contact with any of her fellow Luasers?
    Glenster wrote: »
    Agreed, you'd need some serious signals to ask a girl to take off her headphones to ask her out.

Possibly but I'd say it's more likely that it's the same reason most of us use headphones on the commute - To occupy your mind while you have to sit in a crowded train every day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

of course theres going to be some bad experiences, but I dont think that should put the OP off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Glenster wrote: »

TeddyTedson would just take the headphones off her, no need to ask! :pac:

Advertisement