Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking a girl out in a mad way

Options
  • 07-03-2017 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi - So basically I go to work on the Luas every morning and there is this fine looking woman who I think keeps giving me the eye. And I want to ask her out!

But on the Luas (Red line outbound) there are loads of people and I can't ask he out face to face in front of everyone. And she always has earphones in.

So I decided to write out a note on a post it and give it to her either tomorrow morning or the morning after. Not wait for a response but drop it in her lap. This is what I wrote, is it a mad idea? Opinions welcome thanks! Me 33 her about 26. Both Irish. I know after hours is humorous interested in some creative opinions!

Hi,
    I wanted to ask you out since the first time I saw you, but it's difficult on the Luas where everyone can listen!🙂 Not to mention a bit embarrassing lol. 🙂
    My number is 08xxxxxxxx so TXT me!🙂

My name

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Do it.

I have been asked out by randomers quite a few times over the years and it always made my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Desoh wrote: »
    Hi,
    I wanted to ask you out since the first time I saw you, but it's difficult on the Luas where everyone can listen!🙂 Not to mention a bit embarrassing lol. 🙂

My name

Lol? TXT? Are you really 33? More like 16. Is that meant to be an emojI?

Hey,
    My name is X. I think you're beautiful. Would you like to go for a drink sometime this week?
    My number is 08whatever.
    Say hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Give her a "voucher" for a free coffee, and put your number on the back.

Got that idea here years ago, still love it to this day :D

"I want your torso in my freezer".

You did say a mad way...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Do some sexy dancing, on the luas, in front of her. See how it goes down.

• Advertisement

Don't throw a post-it at her ffs.

Just speak to the girl like a person of 33 should be able to, don't slip her a note like you're in a 3rd year geography class.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Rackstar wrote: »
    Do some sexy dancing, on the luas, in front of her. See how it goes down.

giphy.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

2/10 op

• Registered Users Posts: 15,626 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh go for it. You only live once. Maybe you should flirt back a little see what she does.

I don,t see why you can,t ask her out do. Its not like everyone else will hear must probably also have earphones in or are reading etc and even if they do its none of there business really is it.

You could try chatting to her first do before you decide to do the note. Maybe say Hi I have noticed you looking at me would you be interested in chatting. Whats the worst she can say except no and well then at least you tried.

Another way is you could get creative and do a dance maybe or some exercise or sometime to get her attention and then hand her your note its up to you really. I think you need to write more in the note do maybe a short poem about how she brightens up your morning everytime you see her on the Luas something like that.

Good luck whatever you decide to do hope it works out and sure if not then there are plenty more fish in the sea.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Get a guitar and serenade her. I find Yellow by Coldplay usually does the trick and with any luck you'll go viral.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Hi - So basically I go to work on the Luas every morning and there is this fine looking woman who I think keeps giving me the eye. And I want to ask her out!

But on the Luas (Red line outbound) there are loads of people and I can't ask he out face to face in front of everyone. And she always has earphones in.

So I decided to write out a note on a post it and give it to her either tomorrow morning or the morning after.

Do you get the exact same luas with her from the exact same stop at the exact same time every morning? If so why not go up to her and say hello. If she has been noticing you it will seem natural and obvious that you came up to her. If she looks confused as though you were looking for someone, pull her hair, run away screaming and never turn up to work ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

Candie wrote: »
    Don't throw a post-it at her ffs.

Just speak to the girl like a person of 33 should be able to, don't slip her a note like you're in a 3rd geography class.

Use some nice stationary if you're gonna go down that route.
    Resist the urge to mark it with your post-workout manly odour.

Here's a practical guide to what to say to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Candie wrote: »
    Here's a practical guide to what to say to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izBbP2kro-c

And he must bring a trumpet to honk out that chorus bit. She'll be incapable of resisting having some random dude approach her singing 'will you go to bed with me' followed by blasting a trumpet at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

If it ends badly you will have to get a new route in the morning. Totally not worth it if you have to wake up 15 minutes earlier every day.

She might be one of those types that will accuse you of misogyny and the likes too. You'll end up being the subject of a blog or a skewed Facebook post

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Parachutes wrote: »
    Get a guitar and serenade her. I find Yellow by Coldplay usually does the trick and with any luck you'll go viral.

I'm not gonna lie, if somebody did that in my presence, I would beat them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

"Beauty will not make the pot boil". Always date a lady you find repulsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

29 yo female here (Yes i know. Misleading username), but for what my opinion is worth, I LOVE THIS! Man, that sort of act would make my day!

DO IT, and report back to us about how it goes! :D

(Imagine if the chick you're digging is actually me. LOL!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Seriously. Do not approach a woman you don't know on public transport. It is a dreadful idea.

"Giving the eye" in public transport is not the same as "giving the eye" in a pub/club at night.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

So I decided to write out a note on a post it and give it to her either tomorrow morning or the morning after. Not wait for a response but drop it in her lap. This is what I wrote, is it a mad idea? Opinions welcome thanks! Me 33 her about 26. Both Irish. I know after hours is humorous interested in some creative opinions!

Hi,

My name
    fartyarse wrote: »
    29 yo female here (Yes i know. Misleading username), but for what my opinion is worth, I LOVE THIS! Man, that sort of act would make my day!

DO IT, and report back to us about how it goes! :D

(Imagine if the chick you're digging is actually me. LOL!)

Have you ever got a smell of fart off her OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭worded

Could you buy her a bunch of flowers and put your name / number in the little card ?

Hi my name is ***** please accept this bunch of 1000s of sexual organs from the plant kingdom

My number is there if you fancy meeting for a drink ...

Then run away doing a double back flip

That's what I usually do

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

oneilla wrote: »
    Seriously. Do not approach a woman you don't know on public transport. It is a dreadful idea.

"Giving the eye" in public transport is not the same as "giving the eye" in a pub/club at night.

why , what is the difference.

OP why cant you sit beside her or get on/ off at the same stop etc. basically engineer it so you can get closer.
    then make small talk and see where it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭jcon1913

Hi,

My name

Buy 2 coffees 1 americano 1 latte in the coffee shop beside the stop at the back of the Jervis - if thats where you get on. Ask if she'd like the latte or americano. Simple.

Who doesnt love a coffee in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Life is short, go for it, although I;d say maybe try to strike up a conversation rather than a note.

If the Luas wasn't so packed all the time, I'd give this a go

https://youtu.be/B7u6bMBlCXw

best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Hi,

My name

HAHAHAHAHA Yes op! Do it! Now there's a wrong way to do it though. Don't just drop on her lap as you're legging it off at your stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

jcon1913 wrote: »
    Buy 2 coffees 1 americano 1 latte in the coffee shop beside the stop at the back of the Jervis - if thats where you get on. Ask if she'd like the latte or americano. Simple.

Who doesnt love a coffee in the morning?

I EFFING DETEST COFFEE!

And he must bring a trumpet to honk out that chorus bit. She'll be incapable of resisting having some random dude approach her singing 'will you go to bed with me' followed by blasting a trumpet at her.

He could have it on his phone, volume up full, and lip-sync it to her while lapdancing his way up the Luas to where she's sitting. I don't know if Luaseseseses have poles, but he could swing around one for effect if they do.

Bound to win her over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

oneilla wrote: »

I got the eye on a bus 2 weeks ago. Waited till she got off and then walked right up and asked for her number. Got a date next week.

Do whatever you think is right op. She will either like what you do or not. You're selling yourself, no point in pretense. Be what you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭jcon1913

I EFFING DETEST COFFEE!

Ha ha ha. Anyway if you were her fartyarse and you liked the OP you'd pretend you liked coffee. 😄😄😄

Great handle BTW

• Advertisement

I EFFING DETEST COFFEE!

Weirdo.

Advertisement