Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14,500 traffic convictions to be quashed over Garda error

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I was just Wondering have the Garda sent out the 14500 letters. to the 14500 wrongly convicted how do we know this figure is not low balling and this not say 100000 Wrongly Convicted in the wrong?:confused:

You raise a valid point. I think it's safe to establish that we can't believe any figures from the Gardaí.

But giving them the benefit of the doubt, they have known for a long time about this problem so maybe they had people in the background checking which cases were above board and which cases were processed incorrectly.

Maybe having done all the checks, they finally have an accurate figure of 14,500.

But given their past history, I wouldn't bet €10 on it.

Advertisement