Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boots 75% off Sale - 14.01.2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Very little left on Baggot Street lower, did get some S&G stuff though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Is S&G stuff really that good? I've never used it but am intrigued with the mad rush for it every year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

It is nice but the scent can get a bit sickly after a while - I got the sets two years in a row but wouldn't bother with them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

yellow hen wrote: »
    Is S&G stuff really that good? I've never used it but am intrigued with the mad rush for it every year!

I'm really not into it - the scent is awful imo! I would like to try the cosmetic sets but boots have an eternal 'more stock coming soon' on the one I'm interested in, while reducing it to peanuts

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

I was in Half Moon Street at lunch time - nothing much left - id say ud need to be in first thing in the morning for the big stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭podge018

nothing for men bar the lynx sets which aren't a great deal even at the reduced price, the shower gel is grand but you can get better stuff cheaper.

Got some slippers, a hip flask and 2 'memory box' picture frames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Saw a few people with trolleys full at the check out. One woman was getting the girl to price check everything before she decided whether she wanted it or not. Just as well it was not that busy, but even still that must have been infuriating for the girl.

Are the half price clothes included in this 75% off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Was in the Half Moon Street shop at 1ish, nothing there really! Mostly teen stuff. Needed to go in anyway for cleanser and dental floss so had a look upstairs just for a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

gimmick wrote: »
    One woman was getting the girl to price check everything before she decided whether she wanted it or not. Just as well it was not that busy, but even still that must have been infuriating for the girl.
    Last year they had notices up on every shelf indicating before and after prices. Not there this morning in 2 stores I went to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

dockc wrote: »
    I was in Half Moon Street at lunch time - nothing much left - id say ud need to be in first thing in the morning for the big stores

Half Moon Street circa 10 minutes after it opened this morning.

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

are u kidding me - some people dont know what they want! thats crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Picked up the whole shebang in the square, tallaght around lunchtime. They seemed to be bringing them out in batches as there was none when I first went in

Just picked up the big Soap and Glory bag in Roselawn, still a few left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Boots in Blanchardstown centre looks like it was ransacked!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ah now, they have Listerine Total Care 1l for €3.74, compares to £3.97 in UK. so that is a good deal.

For anyone looking there were some of those S&G sets in Maynooth and they weren't garnering much interest. There was other bits and pieces left. I got the last Sanctuary set and I got lots of baby clothes which is what I was really after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Anyone by any chance stop by the Cresent Limerick today? Just wondering was there much stock left....

Boots Childers' Road had FCUK candle/lotion sets, small Sanctuary sets, Christmas wrapping paper, large Ted baker and Reiss sets for men, Joules hand-care sets and a couple of other small bits and bobs. No S&G sets sadly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭annamarie2013

Was anyone in Liffey Valley- much left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Manchester today. Insanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Few decent champneys and santuary spa sets in athlone at 5pm. Got a few bits I had my eye on so happy out. No S&G left though.

Saw quite a few S&G sets in Stephens Green this evening if anyone's looking for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

All sold out bar 1-2 items in Lwr Baggot st plus lots of wrapping paper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Madness from looking at those pics yesterday!! What do those people with the trollies fully do with it all? Gifts for during the year/next Christmas or selling it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

twas madness, i walked out of liffey valley, felt like i was in america!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I still have stuff in my present cupboard that I bought from the 75% off sale a few years ago. I don't bother anymore.

i got a lot on half price sale, yes i may not have saved so much, but id never of gotten them if i waited for that dreadful day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I got a few nice bits yesterday morning which will do nicely for birthdays etc! I went to Boots Maynooth at around 10 and there were no crowds at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Whats the best way to search the boots website for Sale stock? Searched "Sale" and there were 64 pages with 12 results per page. Any way to narrow this down. Putting 200 per page still requires 4 pages. A huge amount of the results are for baby stuff, which I don't need right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭smallgarden

if you scroll down to promotion on the left hand side and click on what you need

• Advertisement

they show you stuff that is sold out too.. which is really annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

shakencat wrote: »
    they show you stuff that is sold out too.. which is really annoying

Really really annoying. Any childrens clothes i wanted to buy were all sold out. Very frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

if you scroll down to promotion on the left hand side and click on what you need

Search category descriptors suck.

Sorry to bump up an old thread but when should we be expecting the 70% off sales - this wed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

dockc wrote: »
    Sorry to bump up an old thread but when should we be expecting the 70% off sales - this wed?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Is it online as well as instore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Yes though you might find different stock in store as opposed to online. Also, I have ordered online in the past and some items did not get delivered (went out of stock after ordering).

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Be worth popping in to have a look so - wonder will the perfume sets be reduced more, some are a great price already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

muckety wrote: »
    Yes though you might find different stock in store as opposed to online. Also, I have ordered online in the past and some items did not get delivered (went out of stock after ordering).

Because plenty of the stock you actually see on their website is sitting on the shelves so it can be "oversold". I think Halfords are doing the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

1/2 price stickers still up on shop floor this morning. Don't see any 70% off. Not looking good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

i was informed it was being pushed back as so many other places have lots of stock. online it's still 1/2 price

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Apparently its been pushed back till next Wednesday 18th Jan.

Stopped by Boots on my way home from the gym this morning - and still at 50% girl said they dont know when it goes down to 70% but seems like next Wed so - was all set and all for the buying!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gerry26

I am interested on clarins detox gift set. Down to 19 from 28. It's worth for 19. Just the detox bottle itself costs 39 when bought separately. It comes with a bag clarins cleanser and hand cream. Anyone used this product is it good.havent used it before. Will I wait until 18th Wednesday. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

gerry26 wrote: »
    I am interested on clarins detox gift set. Down to 19 from 28. It's worth for 19. Just the detox bottle itself costs 39 when bought separately. It comes with a bag clarins cleanser and hand cream. Anyone used this product is it good.havent used it before. Will I wait until 18th Wednesday. Thanks

Hi I haven't used this before, but if you really want it, I'd say get it before the 18th I know it'll be reduced, but you run the risk of it being gone and then you'll miss out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I doubt the Clarins will be reduced further - the perfume etc doesn't go below 50% - its just the gifts that were on 3 for 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gerry26

I ordered two sets now. Thanks. Hope I will like it. I use clarins serum and beauty flash balm and i like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Still 50% posters and shelf edges this afternoon if it saves anyone an unnecessary trip.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The 70% sale is not until NEXT Wednesday 18th 2017 according to a consumer wan on "this morning" yesterday morning, she said it's always the 3rd Wednesday of January (that might be in GB only of course, but it's unlikely the ROI stores would go ahead of the British ones so I'd take it as being NEXT Wednesday 18th)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

vicwatson wrote: »
    The 70% sale is not until NEXT Wednesday 18th 2017 according to a consumer wan on "this morning" yesterday morning, she said it's always the 3rd Wednesday of January (that might be in GB only of course, but it's unlikely the ROI stores would go ahead of the British ones so I'd take it as being NEXT Wednesday 18th)

In the last 3 years it's only been 3rd Wednesday of January once.

It should be the 18th though. 11th prob a bit soon.

Advertisement