Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

35 EURO off insurance through www.its4women.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭4fvw6lcprxeoyq

No idea why yours is so high- I'm 44, male, clean licence, 10 years+ NCD, no penalty points- and I got a quote of €585 on a 3 litre Audi Estate. Maybe its related to your job- what industry you work in? ...

Yea, I do mess around with the occupation when I'm getting quotes, just to see what the differences are. They vary like crazy from site to site. I've seen sites that wouldn't even quote me if I was a landscape gardener, but they'd insure me for €250 if I was a florist or a flower-arranger!
    I wouldn't lie outright though. I put myself down as retired last year alright, as I was unemployed. I'm doing a fas course at the moment so I suppose I'd be considered a student, or 'employed' as a student. Since, in fas you're off the register (I assume) and clocking in every day to get paid.
    Car is a 2006 1.6hdi diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

123.ie working out the cheapest for me after a lot of shopping around €380 third party fire and theft some had quoted me €700

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lou.kil

Hi guys, any updated discount codes for Nov 2018??

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

LQ456 still working for 35 off with itsforwomen

Hmm - the AA is cheapest for me so far at €306, which I think is the lowest I ever paid for insurance since I paid PMPA £1300 for a decrepit Corsa in 1994. I'm 47 and insuring a 1.0l i10. Everyone else is pushing €400

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'm 44 driving a 2l A6 tdi estate. The cheapest I could get was 545 fully comp from FBD.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

By far the cheapest insurance for both of us is through the GUI (Golfing Union of Ireland) sponsor AIG so any of you golfers out there give them a shout

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just to let everyone know, this code is still valid. I just saved €79!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

I would avoid them like the plague. My wife is currently getting insurance with them. She is saying never again.

- No phone line to call. They only do outgoing calls.
    - Any adjustment to the policy costs 10 Euro
    - They are very anal when documents and scans etc. Often they ask about this after the policy has started which is the case with my wife.
    - PhotoScan by Google Photos should be used to scan you documents so there is no glare on them.

https://www.its4women.ie/news/contacting-its4women.aspx

"Telephone – At its4women we do not believe you should live your life “on hold” and as an online company we do not take any incoming phone calls. If you would like to speak to one of our advisers, simply follow the options on the phone and to save you holding just key in your telephone number on your keypad and we will contact you"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

rom wrote: »
    I would avoid them like the plague. My wife is currently getting insurance with them. She is saying never again.

- They are very anal when documents and scans etc. Often they ask about this after the policy has started which is the case with my wife.
    - PhotoScan by Google Photos should be used to scan you documents so there is no glare on them.

"Telephone – At its4women we do not believe you should live your life “on hold” and as an online company we do not take any incoming phone calls. If you would like to speak to one of our advisers, simply follow the options on the phone and to save you holding just key in your telephone number on your keypad and we will contact you"

The reason it’s 4 women and 25 plus are cheap is because you have an online portal to do everything yourself and therefore shouldn’t need to call someone, uploading documents and adjusting policies couldn’t be easier.
    I had a query 2 years ago that I couldn’t find the answer to online and they called me back within the hour and were extremely helpful.

I flip between its4women and 25plus every year and avail of new customer discount and also use tbe discount code, they are the same company or sister companies.

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's my first time using them, I'll see how it goes - I'll report back next year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The reason it’s 4 women and 25 plus are cheap is because you have an online portal to do everything yourself and therefore shouldn’t need to call someone, uploading documents and adjusting policies couldn’t be easier.
    I had a query 2 years ago that I couldn’t find the answer to online and they called me back within the hour and were extremely helpful.

I flip between its4women and 25plus every year and avail of new customer discount and also use tbe discount code, they are the same company or sister companies.

I'd echo this. I had cause to make a few adjustments to my policy this year, twice due to change of car (UK import, so change to UK reg and then to Irish reg once I'd VRTed it), and one to temporarily change the covered vehicle for a couple of weeks, and while it was a bit of a nuisance to get someone to speak to, once I did they were very good to deal with.

Ultimately I ended up making the temp adjustment via the phone because I couldn't match the exact vehicle on the online system, but they waived the 10 euro fee due to this being an issue on their end, so can't ask too much more than that. Admittedly I probably spent as long on the phone double checking the process for the import car as it would have taken them to process the changes for that too, but still wasn't subject to any fee once I undertook the adjustments online.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

cython wrote: »
    I'd echo this. I had cause to make a few adjustments to my policy this year, twice due to change of car (UK import, so change to UK reg and then to Irish reg once I'd VRTed it), and one to temporarily change the covered vehicle for a couple of weeks, and while it was a bit of a nuisance to get someone to speak to, once I did they were very good to deal with.

Ultimately I ended up making the temp adjustment via the phone because I couldn't match the exact vehicle on the online system, but they waived the 10 euro fee due to this being an issue on their end, so can't ask too much more than that. Admittedly I probably spent as long on the phone double checking the process for the import car as it would have taken them to process the changes for that too, but still wasn't subject to any fee once I undertook the adjustments online.

Awful service would avoid. Wanted to charge admin fee for issuing proof of no claims bonus for named driver.

Aviva are very cheap at the minute would recommend trying them

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Fyi liberty insurance have a flash sale going on. Allegedly 20% off. My insurance is due, and typically this year I'm going quotes of 520-550 (pretty similar to other years) but liberty quoted me 395. Fully comp, all the bells and whistles included.

Edit: it ends tonight. Your quote and discount will be valid for 7 days though.

Fyi liberty insurance have a flash sale going on. Allegedly 20% off. My insurance is due, and typically this year I'm going quotes of 520-550 (pretty similar to other years) but liberty quoted me 395. Fully comp, all the bells and whistles included.

If only I'd known yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭G1032

Insurance for due soon also. Getting quotes of 500ish also but 440 with Aviva. Just got quote from Liberty.... 640...... That's some sale!!!😉

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

G1032 wrote: »
    Insurance for due soon also. Getting quotes of 500ish also but 440 with Aviva. Just got quote from Liberty.... 640...... That's some sale!!!😉

Buy buy buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

G1032 wrote: »
    Insurance for due soon also. Getting quotes of 500ish also but 440 with Aviva. Just got quote from Liberty.... 640...... That's some sale!!!��

Same for me, most insurance renewals around the €800 mark, liberty quoted me €1400!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guys- pretty much every company charges when you change your documents (for whatever reason). Its4women.ie are far from alone in this respect. I would strongly suggest people not make an assumption that they're the cheapest though- or that Blue are cheap, or liberty- you really need to shop around. At the moment my cheapest quote is with FBD- who are over 200 cheaper than its4women- and the next cheapest I can find is Aviva.

Shop around- and don't make assumptions- you'd be crazy not to when you can potentially save hundreds.

I tried Liberty last night €1500 :pac: more than double what I am paying 25plus this year and it’s4women last year
    Liberty can feck right off

• Advertisement

Guys- pretty much every company charges when you change your documents (for whatever reason). Its4women.ie are far from alone in this respect. I would strongly suggest people not make an assumption that they're the cheapest though- or that Blue are cheap, or liberty- you really need to shop around. At the moment my cheapest quote is with FBD- who are over 200 cheaper than its4women- and the next cheapest I can find is Aviva.

Shop around- and don't make assumptions- you'd be crazy not to when you can potentially save hundreds.

Agreed, every company is different for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

OmegaGene wrote:
    I tried Liberty last night €1500 more than double what I am paying 25plus this year and it’s4women last year Liberty can feck right off

First time ever Liberty have been the cheapest, from most expensive last year. Never fun getting car or house insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

OmegaGene wrote: »

This is my situation too. I move between the 2, they are always the cheapest by a mile and if you can upload your documents on their portal you don't need to talk to anyone. I did have to amend something with 25plus about 3 years ago and they called me the same day, was no hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Code still works.

I moved from I4W to 25 plus this summer and insured my wifes car on I4W. €500 cheaper than her renewal with 123.ie where she had a years NCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I was with AnPost@AIG a few years and temporary drivers and temporary vehicle subs were all free. Unfortunately the circumstances have changed and they don't quote me anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

"LQ456" just got me a few € off my quote - from first post in thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

"LQ456" just got me a few € off my quote - from first post in thread!

Same here. I have been with them for a few years now and discount also applies to current customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Been with them in some form for 2 years.

They also own 25plus.

They just took my Doc's from i4w and applied them to this year's 25plud policy.

My wife moved from 123.ie to i4w. They needed all our docs and pulled them from what they had for my policy on 25plus when asked to.

Quick to respond to messages.

They were 650 cheaper for my wife than a renewal with 123 who has 1 year NCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Any more discount codes floating around for it4w or 25plus?

Aviva renewal came back with an 80% increase so giving them the heave ho!!!

• Advertisement

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Any more discount codes floating around for it4w or 25plus?

Aviva renewal came back with an 80% increase so giving them the heave ho!!!

the code is in the thread it hasnt changed

Advertisement