Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

What time do gigs usually finish at the Olympia and at 3 Arena? I'm attending two shows this week and want to know if I can catch the last bus after the show...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

xkat11 wrote: »
    What time do gigs usually finish at the Olympia and at 3 Arena? I'm attending two shows this week and want to know if I can catch the last bus after the show...

around 10:45 usually, rare to finish later than 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

My friend bought a ticket on Viagogo for his girlfriend for a gig. I've never used it before, either has he. Is it usually legit? They have received an e-ticket for the event. I suppose there is no way of knowing if it's legit bar being there early to scan the barcode in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

My friend bought a ticket on Viagogo for his girlfriend for a gig. I've never used it before, either has he. Is it usually legit? They have received an e-ticket for the event. I suppose there is no way of knowing if it's legit bar being there early to scan the barcode in?

Yeah, viagogo tickets are legit, they're just (normally) a ripoff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i know how to get as far as the o'connell bridge (by car)...is it just a case of driving straight on along the quays to the 3 arena? is there ample parking at the arena? is it safe?

planning going up sunday afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

xkat11 wrote: »
    acts usually come on about 9pm, they sometimes show times online, then you can typically find out roughly how long a bands average set is from reviews or checking setlist length.

By checking setlists you can also get an idea if it is near the end of the gig, and be prepared to get out right away before the main crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭housetypeb

How do you share a 3 pre sale code on here? Is it just the code that 3 texts to you that you pass on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

housetypeb wrote: »
    How do you share a 3 pre sale code on here? Is it just the code that 3 texts to you that you pass on?

You need to prompt them to text you, Download the 3plus app select the event you want code for and hit text me code. Code will be like; ADB1NFBCVF7

That code is what you pass on yes but it'll have to be used through the 3plus site, going on to ticketmaster the regular way won't usually display presale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Hi guys

My sister bought etickets online from someone but never received the tickets - she made a transfer to the persons bank account - as she as his IBAN can he be traced?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Hi guys
    My sister bought etickets online from someone but never received the tickets - she made a transfer to the persons bank account - as she as his IBAN can he be traced?
    Thanks
    You may get better answers here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

I'm not sure how easy it is if she authorised the bank transfer.

This is a UK article, but some of it may be useful
    https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/09/more-help-for-payment-scam-victims-but-some-will-still-be-out-of-pocket/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Anyone know what the story is with ticketmaster and their tickets atm? Got my Life Festival ticket there today by post and they were the old card format ones and my friends got theirs and they were the new paper ones? Mistake or just getting rid of what they have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

Raekwondo wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with ticketmaster and their tickets atm? Got my Life Festival ticket there today by post and they were the old card format ones and my friends got theirs and they were the new paper ones? Mistake or just getting rid of what they have?

The new paper tickets are the new physical tickets. I assume it's much cheaper for them to produce. Shame, I always order physical tickets because I keep them in an album. These new ones won't stand the test of time too long I'd imagine.

bren2001 wrote: »
    The new paper tickets are the new physical tickets. I assume it's much cheaper for them to produce. Shame, I always order physical tickets because I keep them in an album. These new ones won't stand the test of time too long I'd imagine.

You could pick up a laminator on Amazon for around €20 I wouldn't imagine it would have to be a brilliant one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Hello. So I can't go to a gig in the Olympia soon. I want to sell the tickets at face value. Thing is, they are mobile tickets, so you have to scan them. I rang ticketmaster and I can't get them changed, they say the Olympia only do mobile tickets. On ticketmaster, there's an option to transfer the tickets. You put the email address and name of the person and I think that's it but how can I sell it to a person so that they can be guaranteed to get the tickets and I'd be guaranteed to get the money? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hello. So I can't go to a gig in the Olympia soon. I want to sell the tickets at face value. Thing is, they are mobile tickets, so you have to scan them. I rang ticketmaster and I can't get them changed, they say the Olympia only do mobile tickets. On ticketmaster, there's an option to transfer the tickets. You put the email address and name of the person and I think that's it but how can I sell it to a person so that they can be guaranteed to get the tickets and I'd be guaranteed to get the money? Thanks.

Go onto Toutless. Sell them to people with a lot of posts. Avoid people with 1 or 2 posts. Paypal is good because youll have their email too.

The Nal wrote: »
    Go onto Toutless. Sell them to people with a lot of posts. Avoid people with 1 or 2 posts. Paypal is good because youll have their email too.

Ok but how can they trust me?

Ok but how can they trust me?

Ive usually met people but thats the risk!

The Nal wrote: »
    Ive usually met people but thats the risk!

Seems very risky. Is there no verifications on toutless or other site? I'd be happy to put identification or whatever. I'm just thinking I wouldn't send a stranger money without guarantees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

not really. there's guidelines on Toutless, but ultimately there's an amount of trust involved. they say if possible meet as a person's home or workplace to exchange. if seen people on here mention meeting people and handing over the cash and the seller sending them on their phone/laptop in front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭blue note

My name is printed on a ticket for George ezra but the ticket isn't for me. Does this matter?

• Advertisement

blue note wrote: »
    My name is printed on a ticket for George ezra but the ticket isn't for me. Does this matter?

No, it'll be fine

It's only when they make a big deal about ID checks etc that it ever matters, 99% of the time all that matters is the barcode scanning!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Hi all, I was considering Purchasing tickets on ticket master {resale} for an upcoming gig. Do ticket master guarantee entry to the gig? or is just a Platform for fans to resell and you might end up not getting access to the gig on the day?

It seems wide open for scams, I can 'sell' an e-ticket, get the cash and just not bother sending to the buyer, ill be cash up and can then head along to the show with the e-ticket.

Am I missing something here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Hi all, I was considering Purchasing tickets on ticket master {resale} for an upcoming gig. Do ticket master guarantee entry to the gig? or is just a Platform for fans to resell and you might end up not getting access to the gig on the day?

It seems wide open for scams, I can 'sell' an e-ticket, get the cash and just not bother sending to the buyer, ill be cash up and can then head along to the show with the e-ticket.

Am I missing something here?

Like the old Seatwave system, the vendor doesn't get paid until after the show has happened. If you are refused entry or there is any other issue with the ticket on the night, you can report it.
    If the ticket doesn't appear with five days to the concert date, you can contact Ticketmaster, whereupon they'll (presumably) investigate.
    As such, there is no financial gain to anyone reselling tickets through this system in any sort of fraudulent manner. The only "benefit" to them is causing mischief and screwing up your night.
    Where possible, the tickets seem to be centrally processed through Ticketmaster anyway. A recent Resale ticket I bought was sent to me as an e-ticket, but had been reissued in my name.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Hi all,

Going to Lana Del Rey at Malahide Castle on the 15th of June and I have never been there for a concert before. Can someone tell me when Malahide gigs normally finish up? Thinking of getting the DART back home, but not sure about the timing. Is there a chance the DART will be full and I won't be able to get on? Would I be better off driving? How is parking? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Falthyron wrote: »
    Hi all,

Going to Lana Del Rey at Malahide Castle on the 15th of June and I have never been there for a concert before. Can someone tell me when Malahide gigs normally finish up? Thinking of getting the DART back home, but not sure about the timing. Is there a chance the DART will be full and I won't be able to get on? Would I be better off driving? How is parking? Thanks in advance!

Don't go on the 15th! She's on the 22nd! :D

It'll finish in time for DART services, and they'll also have buses going into the city centre as well (from the Dublin Road, outside the Malahide Demesne to George's Quay), though they're €10 and they recommend advance booking. There's limited parking at the venue.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Quick one;

I bought 1x ticket [resale] on ticket-master. Is it possible for me to sale that now? as I managed to get two seated elsewhere! I logged into my a/c on ticket-master but does not seem to give me the option of selling the ticket.

Just looking to get what I paid. It is an e-ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,226 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

In the Olympia, how difficult is it to get from the Circle into the standing area after you've got in.

For example could you go to the smoking area from the Circle and make your way back into the standing area?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

BPKS wrote: »
    In the Olympia, how difficult is it to get from the Circle into the standing area after you've got in.

For example could you go to the smoking area from the Circle and make your way back into the standing area?

Nope, i tried a few weeks back........they stamp your hand with the section you've a ticket for........and will check you going down to standing area. No sneaking in these days.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Has anyone successfully used Ticketmaster to resell. I'm not getting any bites on toutless for eagles tickets and I figure that demographic might be more of a ticketmaster crowd. Any time I try to list them on ticketmaster it says I have no second name on my profile. But I do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

errlloyd wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully used Ticketmaster to resell. I'm not getting any bites on toutless for eagles tickets and I figure that demographic might be more of a ticketmaster crowd. Any time I try to list them on ticketmaster it says I have no second name on my profile. But I do...

just remember the buyer on ticketmaster has to pay quite high additional charges. But there are currently no tickets on sale so you should be OK.

i.e. I have seen people trying to sell resale tickets for gigs far from selling out a and even if seemingly below face they increase to well above face with all the fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

rubadub wrote: »
    just remember the buyer on ticketmaster has to pay quite high additional charges. But there are currently no tickets on sale so you should be OK.

i.e. I have seen people trying to sell resale tickets for gigs far from selling out a and even if seemingly below face they increase to well above face with all the fees.

They've been on toutless now for more than a week, I'll see if I can work out what sort of discount I'd need to offer on ticketmaster for them to end up as face value for the buyer.

We sold two Eagles tickets in ticketmaster and they went in about an hour, it was very easy from our side. One thing to note is you don't get the money until 10 days after the gig

Not sure about the name error you're encountering though I'm afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Heading up to Eddie Vedder gig this Wednesday and will be driving up and back from Clare with the missus. Could anyone tell me what the best options for parking in 3 Arena are, herself is in the latter stages of pregnancy so convenience is important too. I've come across 2 main options:

a) Red Cow Park and Ride - would avoid rush hour city centre traffic but concerned I'd have to leave the gig early to make Luas before 12am. No idea how much a taxi from 3Arena to red cow is.

b) Parking at convention centre which I understand is close to the gig but I'm guessing it'll be busy getting there.

If anyone has any suggestions on what would be the best and most hassle free option that would be really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭JoeCole26

Hi all,
    I have a gold circle ticket for Westlife in Croker on Saturday, will I still be able to just stand with friends in the normal standing area?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Med101007

skerry wrote: »
    Heading up to Eddie Vedder gig this Wednesday and will be driving up and back from Clare with the missus. Could anyone tell me what the best options for parking in 3 Arena are, herself is in the latter stages of pregnancy so convenience is important too. I've come across 2 main options:

a) Red Cow Park and Ride - would avoid rush hour city centre traffic but concerned I'd have to leave the gig early to make Luas before 12am. No idea how much a taxi from 3Arena to red cow is.

b) Parking at convention centre which I understand is close to the gig but I'm guessing it'll be busy getting there.

If anyone has any suggestions on what would be the best and most hassle free option that would be really appreciated.

Hi Skerry,

Your best option is to park in the underground car park at the Convention Centre. I had a similar dilemma as yourself when myself and the missus went to see Arctic Monkeys in the 3 Arena last September. You can pre-book a parking spot online for the Convention Centre but I just turned up on the day about an hour before the gig and there was loads of spaces available. Once the concert finished I was literally back in my car in 10 minutes. Traffic is busy on the quays after all gigs but we were at Heuston Station about 20 mins after leaving the Convention Centre.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Med101007 wrote: »
    Hi Skerry,

Your best option is to park in the underground car park at the Convention Centre. I had a similar dilemma as yourself when myself and the missus went to see Arctic Monkeys in the 3 Arena last September. You can pre-book a parking spot online for the Convention Centre but I just turned up on the day about an hour before the gig and there was loads of spaces available. Once the concert finished I was literally back in my car in 10 minutes. Traffic is busy on the quays after all gigs but we were at Heuston Station about 20 mins after leaving the Convention Centre.

Hope this helps.

That's great, thanks a million, I booked Convention Centre there. Did you have much hassle getting there with traffic, we'll be arriving around 6 I reckon so guessing it'll be fairly busy? Noticed they say you can park until 9AM next morning but you can't get you car after 12AM so will have to make sure we're back by then if gig runs late.

Red Cow was looking too much work and would be cutting it too close to get last Luas back out there, although we would have preferred to avoid city traffic at rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Med101007

skerry wrote: »
    That's great, thanks a million, I booked Convention Centre there. Did you have much hassle getting there with traffic, we'll be arriving around 6 I reckon so guessing it'll be fairly busy? Noticed they say you can park until 9AM next morning but you can't get you car after 12AM so will have to make sure we're back by then if gig runs late.

Red Cow was looking too much work and would be cutting it too close to get last Luas back out there, although we would have preferred to avoid city traffic at rush hour.

Not too much hassle getting to the Convention Centre. Travelled from the west so up the N4 straight to Hueston, then the usual traffic on the North Quays. Dublin city centre in fairness is not that bad for rush hour traffic as opposed to Galway city where I'm from which is an utter nightmare.

Your right about the 12am closing time for the car park. Most if not all gigs at the 3 Arena finish around 11pm so you will have plenty of time.(just make sure your not rushing to get to the car with your pregnant missus in toe!)

Ya I was contemplating the Red Cow Luas but glad I went with the Convention Centre option. Its so handy for gigs at the 3Arena.

Med101007 wrote: »
    Not too much hassle getting to the Convention Centre. Travelled from the west so up the N4 straight to Hueston, then the usual traffic on the North Quays. Dublin city centre in fairness is not that bad for rush hour traffic as opposed to Galway city where I'm from which is an utter nightmare.

Your right about the 12am closing time for the car park. Most if not all gigs at the 3 Arena finish around 11pm so you will have plenty of time.(just make sure your not rushing to get to the car with your pregnant missus in toe!)

Ya I was contemplating the Red Cow Luas but glad I went with the Convention Centre option. Its so handy for gigs at the 3Arena.

Super, thanks a million for that, I'll just have to keep an eye on the time so. Think people were saying last Eddie Vedder gig went over time so I'll just have to hope it ends closer to 11 and if it doesn't I'll make sure we have plenty time to amble up to the car park from the gig.

People were saying parking could be had on some of the smaller streets in the area but no real clue of my way around there so convention centre will do the finest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just curious and went to 'buy' Stevie Wonder standing tickets. Only available through resellers on Ticketmaster. €40 service charge and then they stick a €2.50 handling fee ('This covers the secure transfer of the ticket from the seller to you').

They having a laugh? Almost as bad as the old Seatwave charging for digital storage of etickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Driving too Westlife in Croke Park from Dundalk on Friday. Planning on arriving in Dublin at around 2pm. I have a family member who lvies near St Columbas Church Glasnevin who said I can park up there.

Will there be any road restrictions before and after the concert ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 LoveGigging

Hi folks. I have 2 free tickets to Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott in Trinity College and I was wondering if anyone would like to accompany me? It looks like a cool setup in Trinity so maybe someone would like to share it with me. I'm a 29yo male, music lover and thought I'd try something different. I've posted this elsewhere with little success so hopefully someone here takes an interest. If you would like to join me then send me a message. All free of course so I'm hoping to get someone interested. Thanks for reading this.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

I have a ground floor standing ticket for a gig in Vicar street, I'm wondering if I get there early is there any seats at the back or sides that i could access which would give me a view of the stage. Thanks

spindex wrote: »
    I have a ground floor standing ticket for a gig in Vicar street, I'm wondering if I get there early is there any seats at the back or sides that i could access which would give me a view of the stage. Thanks

Yes, there's 4 (I think) rows of seats along both sides and the back that are for standing ticket holders. You'd have no view over the crowd from the back though, if you want to watch the gig from a seat you'll be best front and side

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭hope80

Not sure if this is the place to post so apologies if not, heading to our first festival All together Now in a couple of weeks an bringing kids 7 & 4, have the camping gear ready but completely clueless on what else we need with regards clothing etc. Any avid festival goers with kids want to share some tips and advise please?

hope80 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the place to post so apologies if not, heading to our first festival All together Now in a couple of weeks an bringing kids 7 & 4, have the camping gear ready but completely clueless on what else we need with regards clothing etc. Any avid festival goers with kids want to share some tips and advise please?
    You will get much better info in the ATN thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057906044&page=157

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭hope80

Suckit wrote: »
    You will get much better info in the ATN thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057906044&page=157

Thank you, have been following the thread but was just looking for tips in general for festivals with kids :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Polar101

Is the standing section on the balcony at Vicar St. good? I usually get floor standing tickets, but noticed there are balcony standing tickets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

What is the Button Factory in Templebar like? Going to a gig in October just wondering if anyone has been there before.

Polar101 wrote: »
    Is the standing section on the balcony at Vicar St. good? I usually get floor standing tickets, but noticed there are balcony standing tickets too.

Yeah pretty good as long as its not too busy. The left side ish is the place to try for if so.
    What is the Button Factory in Templebar like? Going to a gig in October just wondering if anyone has been there before.

Seen some great gigs there. Again, can get very cramped but if you're in early you'll get a god spot. Otherwise upstairs is good. Has its own little bar too.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Anyone know is seats 7-8 on row A on the balconies in Vicar Street split by stairs?

• Advertisement
Advertisement