Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

sc86 wrote: »
    same as above - need for super king bed please

We always have around 200 Superking mattresses in stock. Prices from 250 euro up to 1500 euro. Can you call to have a look ? if not we can try and pick something for you that might work for you.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Jaybee

HI there

Looking for price of a double base and mattress, delivered to Rathfarnham. Looking to spend about 200 if possible!

Jaybee wrote: »
    HI there

Looking for price of a double base and mattress, delivered to Rathfarnham. Looking to spend about 200 if possible!

We have Airsprung sets (ex Argos) for 249 euro. Delivery is free. Saturday would be next delivery date I think.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Hi bm
    Got delivery there, thanks very much for your quick service and replies. Will be recommending ye to friends and family.
    Keith

Keith C wrote: »
    Hi bm
    Got delivery there, thanks very much for your quick service and replies. Will be recommending ye to friends and family.
    Keith

Glad you were happy with the service.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Hi,

I am looking for a 4'6" mattress.

Sciatica sufferer so needs to be good quality, turnable, firm, and of course comfortable.

Kildare area (Clane)

Perhaps you advise & let me know prices.

Many thanks.

Hi

We have every type in stock. Prices from 99 euro upwards. Are you looking for mid range or upper would you know ? Delivery could be as soon as Friday or Saturday if that works.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Hi

We have every type in stock. Prices from 99 euro upwards. Are you looking for mid range or upper would you know ? Delivery could be as soon as Friday or Saturday if that works.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

I was hoping for some recommendations & prices.

No particular budget, but obviously don't want to spend loads!! :rolleyes:

keredern wrote: »
    I was hoping for some recommendations & prices.

No particular budget, but obviously don't want to spend loads!! :rolleyes:

Mid Range - The Vogue, we sell this to all types of users from domestic to hotels. Its open coil. Orthopaedic and you can turn it. Loads on boards got them. Price 299 euro

Upper Range - Diamond 2000 pocket sprung. Turnable with natural fillings. Price 599 euro

Thanks

Bigmickey

Mid Range - The Vogue, we sell this to all types of users from domestic to hotels. Its open coil. Orthopaedic and you can turn it. Loads on boards got them. Price 299 euro

Upper Range - Diamond 2000 pocket sprung. Turnable with natural fillings. Price 599 euro

Thanks

Bigmickey

Thanks.

Jusr checking out your clearance site and wondering how the Cardiff Double 4ft’6 Turnable Mattress compares to the 2000?

Sorry, but I have no clue about mattresses!

Thanks again for the help.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Jusr checking out your clearance site and wondering how the Cardiff Double 4ft’6 Turnable Mattress compares to the 2000?

Sorry, but I have no clue about mattresses!

Thanks again for the help.

The Diamond 2000 would be much better quality. The Cardiff is an open coil so you would feel more movement in it than a pocket sprung Diamond 2000.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Is the diamond 2000 a respa bed ? And, between the 2, would the John Lewis 5000 be better value or similar?

I am looking for a king size mattress, will you recommend anything else up to €1000 range, not memory foam. Med-firm.

The Diamond 2000 would be much better quality. The Cardiff is an open coil so you would feel more movement in it than a pocket sprung Diamond 2000.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Thanks for this.

And how would the Vogue compare to the Cardiff?

Is the Vogue pretty firm?

Sorry about all the questions but need to get it right!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Looking for a replacement for a King Koil Classic luxury mattress 5' x 6'6".
    Any recommendations please?

oleras wrote: »
    Is the diamond 2000 a respa bed ? And, between the 2, would the John Lewis 5000 be better value or similar?

I am looking for a king size mattress, will you recommend anything else up to €1000 range, not memory foam. Med-firm.

HI oleras

I think Respa have a Diamond also but it is not the same as our one. We don'r stock Respa at all. Our Diamond 2000 pocket has no memory foam in it. It has wool, silk, cashmere - natural fillings. It's our biggest seller in the mid range and at 699 euro for kingsize is very good value for money. The John Lewis are a job lot. When they are gone, they are gone. We have sold huge quantities of them without any issues.

Would you like to call to our shop to try them first ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Thanks for this.

And how would the Vogue compare to the Cardiff?

Is the Vogue pretty firm?

Sorry about all the questions but need to get it right!! :)

We stock a mattress called the 2 in 1 and that is rock hard on one side and a bit softer when you turn it. The Vogue is medium firm. It is our big seller in that range. The Cardiff was a job lot and are now all gone. What type were you hoping for ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Looking for a replacement for a King Koil Classic luxury mattress 5' x 6'6".
    Any recommendations please?

We have so many high quality mattresses. Many of them have fillings that I believe come from Kaymed who also supply King Koil. Our models would still be much cheaper to buy than King Koil. It is very hard to recommend a mattress for someone else. Is it possible to call to us to view and if not we may be able to bring a few to you to see.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

HI oleras

I think Respa have a Diamond also but it is not the same as our one. We don'r stock Respa at all. Our Diamond 2000 pocket has no memory foam in it. It has wool, silk, cashmere - natural fillings. It's our biggest seller in the mid range and at 699 euro for kingsize is very good value for money. The John Lewis are a job lot. When they are gone, they are gone. We have sold huge quantities of them without any issues.

Would you like to call to our shop to try them first ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Thanks, when do you deliver to Limerick? And how much to remove the old mattress ?

oleras wrote: »
    Thanks, when do you deliver to Limerick? And how much to remove the old mattress ?

Hi

We are going to Limerick this coming week. We are just waiting on one item to come over from Uk and then we will be going your way. Old mattress removal is 15 euro.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I am interested in trying the John Lewis if you have one in the shop. Will be up that way in a few weeks. Are you open on Sundays?

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I am interested in trying the John Lewis if you have one in the shop. Will be up that way in a few weeks. Are you open on Sundays?

Hi

Pretty much only 5ft (King Size ) left. What size are you looking for ? Shop opens 12 to 5pm on a Sunday.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Hi

Pretty much only 5ft (King Size ) left. What size are you looking for ? Shop opens 12 to 5pm on a Sunday.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Looking for King size! But happy to look at others too, medium hardness

Hi

We have plenty for you to look at here.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I got one of these delivered from Mick earlier in the week. I've had a few nights very comfortable sleep since.

machalla wrote: »
    I got one of these delivered from Mick earlier in the week. I've had a few nights very comfortable sleep since.

Great to hear that. Thanks for the positive comment.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hi BM,

I found the mattress of my dreams!!

https://www.harveynorman.ie/bedroom/mattresses/king-size-mattress/majestic-sleep-mattress-5ft.html

Would you have anything similar to this?

We have decided to replace two mattresses & would need a King & a Superking.

Many thanks.

Hi BM,

I found the mattress of my dreams!!

https://www.harveynorman.ie/bedroom/mattresses/king-size-mattress/majestic-sleep-mattress-5ft.html

Would you have anything similar to this?

We have decided to replace two mattresses & would need a King & a Superking.

Many thanks.

Hi.

It looks like Silentnight created that label just for Harvey Norman. It appears to be a basic enough mattress with a pillow top. You can't turn it. We would have higher spec mattresses, that would be pocket sprung and turnable for less money than that Majestic model from Harvey Norman.

In the last two weeks we have had at least 20 guys from Boards that have read this thread after being in Harvey Norman and have all purchased from us. Hopefully they will start posting shortly on this thread about the quality and value for money that they got from us in comparison to Harvey Norman. The answer to your question is, We can supply far better quality mattresses for the type of price quoted in your link.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

Hi.

It looks like Silentnight created that label just for Harvey Norman. It appears to be a basic enough mattress with a pillow top. You can't turn it. We would have higher spec mattresses, that would be pocket sprung and turnable for less money than that Majestic model from Harvey Norman.

In the last two weeks we have had at least 20 guys from Boards that have read this thread after being in Harvey Norman and have all purchased from us. Hopefully they will start posting shortly on this thread about the quality and value for money that they got from us in comparison to Harvey Norman. The answer to your question is, We can supply far better quality mattresses for the type of price quoted in your link.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Anything like this?
    https://www.harveynorman.ie/bedroom/mattresses/millennium-king-5ft.html

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

€2,200 for a bed??????

That's nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

bigmickey.ie,

We tried a few mattresses in Michael Murphy's at the weekend, to find the type that we liked, and seemed to settle on pocket sprung firm beds. The ones we liked were King Koil Spinal Tranquility, and Irish Legacy Advance Life Delux. Max budget of around €700 though, which could potentially be pushed up a bit if there was a significant improvement. Any recommendations for a super king firm/very firm mattress that would be available soon enough?

Had a look on Harvey Norman, and this seems similar to the Irish Legacy Advance Life Pocket 1600 - https://www.harveynorman.ie/bedroom/mattresses/vitality-natural-super-king-mattress-6ft.html

Advertisement