Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

That was a chart song from way back,its called popcorn,performed by hot butter
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tyTlars-V1Y

Nailed it....thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Shibby89

Shibby89 wrote: »
    There's a song that's been haunting me for years. And I warn you in advance I've only vague recollections of it.
    It was released around late 90s. It's an indie type song with just an electric guitar I think. And I believe the only lyrics are do de dooo. Do de dooo. Each "do" is a different note.
    Its a woman singing. And the only thing I can remember about the video is a clip of her leg going up and down to the beat, tapping off the ground.
    I've heard it being used in TV but could never shazam as clip was always too short. I also heard it on a tv3 ad and went to the trouble of emailing tv3 to ask but got no reply. Better things to be doing no doubt.

I found this song today by complete fluke while watching a programme. On reflection they were more las than dos! It was Dirge by death in vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

I heard a song on the radio a few days ago, it’s really driving me crazy. It’s a man’s voice, he’s not really singing more like he’s speaking. He had an Irish (maybe English) accent and repeats something like “life is not all bad” or maybe “life’s what you make it” for most of the song. I think there may have been female backing singers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

babynice wrote: »
    I heard a song on the radio a few days ago, it’s really driving me crazy. It’s a man’s voice, he’s not really singing more like he’s speaking. He had an Irish (maybe English) accent and repeats something like “life is not all bad” or maybe “life’s what you make it” for most of the song. I think there may have been female backing singers too.

Any chance it's Paul Brady?

If you remember what station it was on, a lot of them have a list of what they have played. Some don't but have a playback function so you can listen back too if you knew the day and rough time!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I was thinking could it be Paul Brady last night too, but then I was thinking he doesn't really have a strong accent to identify it as Irish or British in that song :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 lookslikemike

At the risk of being VERY obvious, it sounds like "Life's What You Make It" by Talk Talk. The not all bad line is "everything's all right". Might be a cover if the backing vocals are female.

That's almost certainly Frank the Tramp by the Stunning. "She died when she was seventeen/from a burning in her chest." That sound like it?

I heard a song on the 103.2 live drive a while back.
    I'm sure it's an Irish artist, it sounds like a live track, something like the frames. It's a really busy , hopping high energy song but not a dance tune.
    One lyric was something like " I knew a teenage girl who died with a burning in her chest"

Sorry, didn't quote on my original reply.

That's almost certainly Frank the Tramp by the Stunning. "She died when she was seventeen/from a burning in her chest." That sound like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭atahuapla

Background music to this, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Does anyone know the name of this song? It was by a Finnish band (I think, but definitely from Scandinavia). The song was kind of gothic, Americana rock with crooned vocals. They were in a graveyard and there were a lot of women dressed like strippers in it. It was shown on a channel called Propeller back in 2010/2011.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,645 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Does anyone know the name of this song? It was by a Finnish band (I think, but definitely from Scandinavia). The song was kind of gothic, Americana rock with crooned vocals. They were in a graveyard and there were a lot of women dressed like strippers in it. It was shown on a channel called Propeller back in 2010/2011.

If Finnish, I would guess something by either H.I.M. or 69 Eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

If Finnish, I would guess something by either H.I.M. or 69 Eyes.

Yes, it was indeed as I found out, cool to see the guitarist rocking the humble LTD to such great effect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Okay a bit of a vague one. I'm trying to remember a song sung by a female singer with a single title who I think was from eastern europe. It was a 90's dance hit and the clearest thing I remember in the music video was a bald guy sitting on the floor staring at an egg in his hand and comparing it to his bald head. All very vague as I say. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sounds like Aqua, but they were Scandinavian. Barbie Girl, by chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

She was a solo singer, possibly Croatian.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Then definitely not Aqua. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,645 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

vektarman wrote: »
    Okay a bit of a vague one. I'm trying to remember a song sung by a female singer with a single title who I think was from eastern europe. It was a 90's dance hit and the clearest thing I remember in the music video was a bald guy sitting on the floor staring at an egg in his hand and comparing it to his bald head. All very vague as I say. :)

Gala?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Alpha&Omega

Looking for a song ID off the RTÉ TV show 'Operation Transformation S14E02.'

https://www.rte.ie/player/series/operation-transformation/SI0000001272?epguid=IP000066827

On the RTÉ player the track is in the background from 43:53min to 45:00min.

Shazam doesn't work because the people are talking over the track sadly. My initial guess was Christian Löffler, but that's wrong I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Alpha&#937 wrote: »
    Looking for a song ID off the RTÉ TV show 'Operation Transformation S14E02.'

https://www.rte.ie/player/series/operation-transformation/SI0000001272?epguid=IP000066827

On the RTÉ player the track is in the background from 43:53min to 45:00min.

Shazam doesn't work because the people are talking over the track sadly. My initial guess was Christian Löffler, but that's wrong I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Alpha&Omega

Spot on @Princess Bride, cheers. Much appreciated! ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Grogu1983

Does anyone remember a dance song the video off it was people been zapped in a carpark to dance?? Then 1 person gets lifted up in the sky?? I think it was out 1998-1999. Its driving a friend mad... that's all she can remember though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Grogu1983 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember a dance song the video off it was people been zapped in a carpark to dance?? Then 1 person gets lifted up in the sky?? I think it was out 1998-1999. Its driving a friend mad... that's all she can remember though.

There's dance zapping here?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mad Peggy

does anyone know a song where a man laughs for a long time and there is something about a fat man? I used to listen to it when i was a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

Mad Peggy wrote: »
    does anyone know a song where a man laughs for a long time and there is something about a fat man? I used to listen to it when i was a child.

What year was it do you think, when you were listening to it as a child? Rough idea might help someone to pin it down :)

lucalux wrote: »
    What year was it do you think, when you were listening to it as a child? Rough idea might help someone to pin it down :)

I remember mammy having a record of it in the mid 1950s but i heard it on the wireless before that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

I remember mammy having a record of it in the mid 1950s but i heard it on the wireless before that

That'll narrow it down, I'll have a google and see if I come up with anything, Fats Waller is my first thought, but can't think of the song

lucalux wrote: »
    That'll narrow it down, I'll have a google and see if I come up with anything, Fats Waller is my first thought, but can't think of the song

you're a star!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Grogu1983 wrote: »

Its called ‘I Found You’ by my namesake Axwell.

https://youtu.be/NaUO9JoevdQ

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

The Laughing Policeman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Would anyone know the song from the three family plans ad ? The lyrics in the ad are “on the right side, on the on the right side”. Not much to go off I know. Link:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TD1ANszVgIc

Advertisement