Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Shibby89 wrote: »
    There's a song that's been haunting me for years. And I warn you in advance I've only vague recollections of it.
    It was released around late 90s. It's an indie type song with just an electric guitar I think. And I believe the only lyrics are do de dooo. Do de dooo. Each "do" is a different note.
    Its a woman singing. And the only thing I can remember about the video is a clip of her leg going up and down to the beat, tapping off the ground.
    I've heard it being used in TV but could never shazam as clip was always too short. I also heard it on a tv3 ad and went to the trouble of emailing tv3 to ask but got no reply. Better things to be doing no doubt.

Is it some remix of Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega maybe? There's actual words in her version but maybe there's a remix where there's just the do's?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Shibby89

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Is it some remix of Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega maybe? There's actual words in her version but maybe there's a remix where there's just the do's?

No it's not that one either. Different type of "do's". The guitar would be similar to monkey on my back by the kills

• Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

trying to find a song

Music video is kind of a cartoon in space with alien's dancing around. It was released late 90S early 2000s

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    trying to find a song

Music video is kind of a cartoon in space with alien's dancing around. It was released late 90S early 2000s

Maybe this from 2001?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

reap-a-rat wrote: »

Thats the one :D:D:D

creating a drinks playlist and could not think of the name of the song

Liamario wrote: »
    Music video and song. So I have it in my head that it's Elvis Costello, but I can't find the video on YouTube or the song on Spotify. Basically it's a guy driving around in a convertible. It's a fun video and doesn't take itself too seriously. He's wearing sunglasses and has black hair with a bit of length in it (mullet). I think he's wearing black as well. I'm thinking late 70s early 80s. I remember it being played on the den a few times.

This is 90s and it's not a convertible but just seeing as you mention The Den and Picturehouse are Irish, it could be this:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭political analyst

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Alpha&Omega

Can anyone ID the track playing in this RTÉ sports clip from: 'Tokyo 2020: One Year to Go'

https://youtu.be/t5WBLGIOQ0Q

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It's very faint in the recording, but it sounds like it has a nice beat alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Trying to get a song I heard back in the summer of 1996. I think it had lyrics 'precious love' in it sang by a female artist. Long shot some one might know it.

cormie wrote: »
    It's very faint in the recording, but it sounds like it has a nice beat alright!

Sorry for the poor quality of the audio. I just did a quick job using my phone pointing at the telly. If you want I can record it properly using my dslr with a rode mic to try and boost the sound of the track?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Alpha&#937 wrote: »
    Can anyone ID the track playing in this RTÉ sports clip from: 'Tokyo 2020: One Year to Go'

https://youtu.be/t5WBLGIOQ0Q

Found it impossible to nearly pick out any music on there, the players voices completely drown it out. I assume you tried to Shazam it already.

Edit: Was able to find out its called ‘Looped’ by Kiasmos

Axwell wrote: »
    Found it impossible to nearly pick out any music on there, the players voices completely drown it out. I assume you tried to Shazam it already.

Edit: Was able to find out its called ‘Looped’ by Kiasmos

Was going to respond to say that Shazam was no good thanks to, as you say, the voices drowning out the track. But just saw your edit, and you're a legend! That earworn was going to bug me until I found out! I even sent an email to the RTÉ switchboard. I'd buy you a pint if I could, but failing that I'll send some good vibes through the ether, and hopefully you'll get some good karma come your way!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Master.

I heard a song on the 103.2 live drive a while back.
    I'm sure it's an Irish artist, it sounds like a live track, something like the frames. It's a really busy , hopping high energy song but not a dance tune.
    One lyric was something like " I knew a teenage girl who died with a burning in her chest"

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Hiitsme

Any Italians on here ?? I'm trying to identify a song in the link below ... an Andre Rieu Italian concert from a few years back. The song in question is located at 37.32 in the link

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YB0wMEt-4-M

Its obviously a very popular song in Italy ... I love the way the audience are all singing along to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Hiitsme wrote: »
    Any Italians on here ?? I'm trying to identify a song in the link below ... an Andre Rieu Italian concert from a few years back. The song in question is located at 37.32 in the link

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YB0wMEt-4-M

Its obviously a very popular song in Italy ... I love the way the audience are all singing along to it!

L'Italiano.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    L'Italiano.

Grazie Mille! I want to listen to other versions of the song, it's very catchy but I love Andre's version. The whole concert is great ... fantastic Italian music :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

Long shot as not much to go on.

But I heard this song, maybe a year or two ago now at this stage. Was kinda spanish sounding and think had spanish language in it. It was played on Irish radio, today fm I think maybe. Only heard it once.

And it wasn't despacito. I'm trying to listen to enrique glesias's songs but don't think I have found it yet.

Any other kinda popular spanish-y songs popular here in the last few years?

Subeme la Radio by Enrique ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9sg-A-eS6Ig

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

Hiitsme wrote: »
    Subeme la Radio by Enrique ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9sg-A-eS6Ig

This could well be it. :) Not 100% sure though :pac::pac::pac:

Good tune though.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

Liamario wrote: »
    Damn, I thought it might be this . Still have it on VHS from MTUSA

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Looking for a music video rather than a song here. I always thought it was by Michael Jackson but cant find any video matching.

In the video, it features the music artist on some sort of a platform or conveyor belt and slowly moving towards a mouth opening and closing as the artist is performing. For some reason I have the song The Way you make me feel in my head as the song, but if there was another song with a similar sort of beat, I feel like that might match the song that plays with the video [ if any of that makes sense ]. Might have been "staged" on the moon, but dont know if that would throw people off figuring out what the song/video was ?

The mouth opens and closes to the beat of the song (like the beat in The Way You Make Me Feel) - That Jackson song is just stuck in my head, lol

(feel like it might have been late 80's/early-mid 90's also)

-edit-

Found it, Leave me Alone - Michael Jackson :: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crbFmpezO4A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Rikand wrote: »
    Looking for a music video rather than a song here. I always thought it was by Michael Jackson but cant find any video matching.

In the video, it features the music artist on some sort of a platform or conveyor belt and slowly moving towards a mouth opening and closing as the artist is performing. For some reason I have the song The Way you make me feel in my head as the song, but if there was another song with a similar sort of beat, I feel like that might match the song that plays with the video [ if any of that makes sense ]. Might have been "staged" on the moon, but dont know if that would throw people off figuring out what the song/video was ?

The mouth opens and closes to the beat of the song (like the beat in The Way You Make Me Feel) - That Jackson song is just stuck in my head, lol

(feel like it might have been late 80's/early-mid 90's also)

Because you mentioned MJ, my mind went straight to this:

Edit: just saw your edit, cool!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Leave Me Alone was the extra track on the Bad CD. Wasn't on the LP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Long shot as not much to go on.

But I heard this song, maybe a year or two ago now at this stage. Was kinda spanish sounding and think had spanish language in it. It was played on Irish radio, today fm I think maybe. Only heard it once.

And it wasn't despacito. I'm trying to listen to enrique glesias's songs but don't think I have found it yet.

Any other kinda popular spanish-y songs popular here in the last few years?

This is a total stab in the dark! But was it this???? It featured in the motion picture fast five!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

Hi folks, this is driving me mad....looking for any info about the following song/artist/what it's from....anything really!

I think it's played on a synth in reality....thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzcimk3itegbov7/Unknown.mp3?dl=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭droidman123

Jeanious wrote: »
    Hi folks, this is driving me mad....looking for any info about the following song/artist/what it's from....anything really!

I think it's played on a synth in reality....thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzcimk3itegbov7/Unknown.mp3?dl=0

That was a chart song from way back,its called popcorn,performed by hot butter
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tyTlars-V1Y

Advertisement