Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-08-2019, 12:28   #16

Conlan ranked 3rd with the WBO now, Frampton down to 5th

Keeler up to 4th with the WBO too
Advertisement
05-09-2019, 16:47   #17
walshb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalk View Post
Conlan ranked 3rd with the WBO now, Frampton down to 5th

Keeler up to 4th with the WBO too
You couldn't make this sh1t up...

MC has fought absolutely nobody worth a w*nk.......

He left the amateur game because it was "corrupt." As corrupt as this ranking?
(2) thanks from:
15-10-2019, 19:10   #18
walshb

Nikitin v Conlan back on...

25-1 on is MC

Nikitin is 10-1......has to be worth a ton bet that!
Thanks from:
15-10-2019, 19:46   #19
Morrison J

Conlan will knock Nikitin out. Great fight for Mick style wise and publicity wise. Don't think Nikitin is any better than Mick's last few opponents.
15-10-2019, 19:54   #20
walshb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrison J View Post
Conlan will knock Nikitin out. Great fight for Mick style wise and publicity wise. Don't think Nikitin is any better than Mick's last few opponents.
Can’t be any worse...

I just don’t see 25-1 here. I’d understand if MC was blowing away his opposition, or even facing anything remotely decent; but to date, I see nothing at all to suggest these odds...

In a two horse race, between two men, neither coming close to proving their pro potential....just mad odds..

Last edited by walshb; 15-10-2019 at 20:11.
Advertisement
15-10-2019, 20:04   #21
weemcd

Conlan will get the decision no matter what way it goes so it's really down to Nikitin getting the KO or stoppage by other means. I'd be slightly tempted to stick a tenner on him all the same... odds will drift closer to the fight as casuals lump on Conlan.
15-10-2019, 20:10   #22
walshb

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemcd View Post
Conlan will get the decision no matter what way it goes so it's really down to Nikitin getting the KO or stoppage by other means. I'd be slightly tempted to stick a tenner on him all the same... odds will drift closer to the fight as casuals lump on Conlan.
Are you implying the con is on?

MC would hardly approve of this, based off his Rio grievance....

I don’t think it at all not possible that Nikitin could get the nod in a points fight...As in both boxers being judged fairly...

Throw in cuts/injuries, and this 10-1 is very tempting...
15-10-2019, 20:12   #23
Morrison J

Have you watched Nikitin in his pro fights to date? Has clearly lost rounds and looked pretty awful. For all the negativity around Mick's pro career so far he hasn't even lost a round in 12 fights to my eyes.

Nikitin peaked in the amateurs. Small pressure fighter with 300+ fights. He's 28 now and clearly already regressing. Conlan stops him.
15-10-2019, 20:16   #24
walshb

Quote:
Have you watched Nikitin in his pro fights to date? Has clearly lost rounds and looked pretty awful. For all the negativity around Mick's pro career so far he hasn't even lost a round in 12 fights to my eyes.

Nikitin peaked in the amateurs. Small pressure fighter with 300+ fights. He's 28 now and clearly already regressing. Conlan stops him.
I have watched both. Both looked bang average. I cannot see either being so favoured...that is more my point...their caliber of opposition has been dreadful

This is like a clean slate fight...Their previous pro fights telling me very little..
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-10-2019, 20:29   #25
Morrison J

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshb View Post
I have watched both. Both looked bang average. I cannot see either being so favoured...that is more my point...their caliber of opposition has been dreadful

This is like a clean slate fight...Their previous pro fights telling me very little..
Conlans last few opponents have not been dreadful. Conlan has made them look dreadful. The fella Conlan fought on Paddy's Day this year very nearly beat Isaac Lowe last month. Most scored it a draw, Lowe got the decision. Lowe is a decent fighter who drew with Ryan Walsh. Nikitin wouldn't beat any of these guys.

Conlan is already operating at a much higher level. Dunno why it's so hard to understand why he's being favoured.
Thanks from:
15-10-2019, 20:32   #26
walshb

Quote:
Conlans last few opponents have not been dreadful. Conlan has made them look dreadful. The fella Conlan fought on Paddy's Day this year very nearly beat Isaac Lowe last month. Most scored it a draw, Lowe got the decision. Lowe is a decent fighter who drew with Ryan Walsh. Nikitin wouldn't beat any of these guys.

Conlan is already operating at a much higher level. Dunno why it's so hard to understand why he's being favoured.
I believe he should be favoured.

Just not this heavily...And he probably will win. Better boxer..

Regarding his opponents. You can dress it up any which way; they are very weak...
15-10-2019, 20:38   #27
weemcd

Quote:
Are you implying the con is on?
I just don't see any way Conlan doesn't win this as he's the A side with Arum backing him.
15-10-2019, 20:40   #28
walshb

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemcd View Post
I just don't see any way Conlan doesn't win this as he's the A side with Arum backing him.
Ok...

I don’t disagree.

Level playing field do you think 25/1 on here is justified?
15-10-2019, 20:47   #29
weemcd

Quote:
Ok...

I don’t disagree.

Level playing field do you think 25/1 on here is justified?
Probably not, but I'm not really a fan of Conlan's style tbh. I find him one paced and limited. He's in trouble when he faces someone with a bit of power and work rate, but I don't think he's in much danger for this one.
Thanks from:
21-11-2019, 17:14   #30
walshb

I see Mick is at number 1 now with WBO......

Jaysus, surely you need to beats even a half decent opponent to get a half decent rating?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion