Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-06-2015, 15:05   #91
DarkoT

In recent times, I have Lucid some lucid dreams, and I usually can control them in the way I like...
Advertisement
12-09-2016, 03:35   #92
Fathom

Lucid dream. Diary immediately after. Aids memory. Read diary dream before sleep. Increases lucid recall.
24-10-2016, 10:17   #93
aaronoscar

Hi all,

I've been an avid lucid dreamer for the last 6 years, along with a friend who's had varied experience over the last 20+ years.
There's so much out there in terms of good ways to learn the basics so from my own experience I'd recommend "Dreams of Awakening", Charlie Morley's book to get a solid grasp of the basics and varied perspectives on how it can be used, and then Robert Waggoner's "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self" as a more advanced book and an incredible read on his own experience which really shows the potential and depth of these practices.

The best advice I can give is to find others motivated to learn it too - share the interest and bounce enthusiasm off each other. That's what's been of most use to me in my journey with lucid dreaming.

Also, some of you may have heard - Robert Waggoner will be coming to Cloughjordan, Tipperary this weekend to give a 2 day workshop on learning lucid dreaming! The saturday wil be more on learning the basics and getting a solid overview, while sunday focuses on some more advanced topics/ potential of these prcatices. If you search up Dream Yoga Ireland on facebook you'll find all the info. Really looking forward to meeting more dreamers in Ireland!

There's also a group on facebook "Lucid Dreamers and Dream Yogis Ireland" which is aimed at being a way for all of us to support each other in practice and connect!
Thanks from:
27-10-2016, 03:29   #94
Black Swan
Category Moderator

Michael Schredl and Daniel Erlacher (2004) in Lucid dreaming frequency and personality, Personality and Individual Differences, Volume 37, Issue 7, Pages 1463–1473, reported that 82% of subjects had reported lucid dreaming, personality factors were either insignificant or with low correlations, but nightmare and dream recall frequencies received some support.
05-12-2017, 15:52   #95
Fathom

Stephen LaBerge (2000), Lucid dreaming: Evidence and methodology, Behavioral and Brain Sciences, Volume 23, Issue 6, pp. 962-964.
Advertisement
18-04-2019, 03:24   #96
Fathom

Reads novel. Falls asleep. Book on chest. Dream continues novel story. Lucid dreaming? Or not?
05-05-2019, 12:24   #97
Black Swan
Category Moderator

How to become a lucid dreamer, BBC, 3 May 2019.
05-05-2019, 17:59   #98
Fathom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
Interesting news article on lucid dreaming.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion