Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Witchie wrote: »
    I am on the sofa, finished my Thailand work for the day, waiting to see if any Irish work will come in and should be doing some Indian work .

Your day sounds strangely like my own Witchie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Monday
    Tuesday
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    Friday
    Blink
    Monday...

And where's the day going?

Working from home today but trying to stuff anxiety back into its box is stealing my focus. Not saying it for sympathy & mental health sure isn't my 'identity'-but there's still too much pig ignorance around it and too many prefer to go around with uncontrolled disorders than to just man/woman-up and get help. Hope to destigmatise.

One of those overcast steamy airless days that make everything feel slightly tacky and dirty around the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

back in my own apartment :)

I love getting parcels in the post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Having a badly needed coffee in town after a therapy session and running around like a mad woman organising flowers, time off work, lifts and accommodation for family members.

You’re all absolutely lovely, thanks so much for all the kind words. X

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

back in my own apartment :)

I love getting parcels in the post :D

Me too. There is something really nice about getting a parcel or handwritten letter in the post.

• Advertisement
    • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Me too. There is something really nice about getting a parcel or handwritten letter in the post.

Or a home made birthday card but it’s only a rare friend that would make that sort of effort ya know.

I’m in work, hiding in the room because I’m on my second nose bleed of the day. Luckiest man is wondering why there is blood coming out and not wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Or a home made birthday card but it’s only a rare friend that would make that sort of effort ya know.

I’m in work, hiding in the room because I’m on my second nose bleed of the day. Luckiest man is wondering why there is blood coming out and not wine.

Rare is the right word-no doubt about that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Sympathies Salt...That's a very tough loss, and someone so young.

Had a different day here as the electrics went so I couldn't work and went off on a drive instead, it's turned out a lovely day but I'm back deskside now nose to the grindstone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sitting in my bedroom making phone calls to family. One of my uncles died suddenly today and we’re absolutely heartbroken. He wasn’t even 50, he was very fit and healthy. They think he had a heart attack. No history of heart disease in our family. I’m in shock. He was one of my favourite uncles and he used to bring us Cornettos whenever he came to visit in the 90’s when we were kids. My mum was so close to him. He took it very hard when she died. I don’t believe in God but I hope he and my mum are looking after each other somewhere.

His kids are still in Secondary school. I’m devastated for them and my aunt.

I was so happy earlier after having a great weekend at a friends hen party. Now I’m fighting to get time off work to go to my uncles funeral. Life eh?

Damn, I'm so sorry to read that. And your hurt is palpable through that post.

I came here ready to whinge that I'd just finished a 30 hour shift, the last 5 which weren't even paid but then you brought me back to reality.

I'm lucky, well I count myself lucky.. I'm just slightly older than your uncle, I'm 53 and very fit & active, but recently a friend the same age as your uncle (not 50 yet) survived a heart attack. So off to the doctor I went for a check up. My doctor picked up that I had very high cholesterol, that in turn lead into other checks and it was found I was suffering with stage 3 hypertension (the silent killer).

When I asked what stage III hypertension meant he said my chances of having a heart attack or a stroke in the next 12 months were increased by 400%.

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle, and lads don't be afraid of the doctors office!.

So to the thread, got a few hours sleep and trying to drag myself into the real world. Going to run a 10k and swim a kilometer is this evenings plan.

Seriously people (particularly men) don't be afraid to get those checks!.

Thankfully I'm on medication for both now, and it appears as though my meds are working

Shocked here,someone has invited me to go for 5 nights to a brilliant event, flights and accommodation paid for, I'm afraid to get too excited because I'll have to try and get annual leave and juggle something in work ...between anxiety and excitement I wont sleep a wink tonight, its either a feast or a famine for me...fingers crossed lads.

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just home from a successful shopping afternoon. Time for aperitif again, shocking! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Shocked here,someone has invited me to go for 5 nights to a brilliant event, flights and accommodation paid for, I'm afraid to get too excited because I'll have to try and get annual leave and juggle something in work ...between anxiety and excitement I wont sleep a wink tonight, its either a feast or a famine for me...fingers crossed lads.

All extremities crossed for you !
        Make sure you find a way to go , that's a shocking cough you have , it's contagious ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

"I've got my red dress on tonight
        Dancing in the dark in the pale moonlight"

Also, new Rose oil!

Stress can get tae f**ck for tonight :)
        My bethroted is on the way on his steel and fibreglass steed :D

Spreading the happy vibes to one and all xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Homeside, I'm done with this week already.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Roomside, home at last.
        Homeside, I'm done with this week already.

Same here, it can kiss my ass.

Roomside, home at last.

Same here, it can kiss my ass.

It can bite mine, how is it only Monday?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
        Just home from a successful shopping afternoon. Time for aperitif again, shocking! :pac:

Watcha buy us poochie ? 😀

Me: I’m so sick today
        Best friend: why?
        Me: I don’t know, dodge tummy all day
        Her: I’m in town, coming for a drink?

Ya babes that’ll soothe my tummy.

Where am I? On my way for a drink with my best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Watcha buy us poochie ? 😀

All the sweet things, butter pastry, cakes and some cheese!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Just back from a lovely stroll on the beach with muttonchops. It could have been ruined by someone with an over excited labradour who had no lead for their dog but alas me and my little fart powered on and had a dandy walk. :D

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

That’s lovely news for a Monday, Duvet. Sounds like an opportunity not to be missed! Fingers crossed!!!

Lovely run this evening but didn't get the 10k done.. Met another runner who gave me a gel to try, but by 8.5k it wasn't sitting well in my tummy so knocked the rest of the run on the head.

Sitting with the mutts having a few Guinness, I always have a beer to reset the body clock after nights.

Some prick is letting off fireworks and Ruby is petrified here, I'm trying to calm her (maybe a Guinness might work for her too lol).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Couchside watching the new season of Top Boy doing my best to get into the “dry days” after the weekend of pints but this thread and all the talks of drinks and pints and Guinness is making Dave thirsty! :D

Couchside watching the new season of Top Boy doing my best to get into the “dry days” after the weekend of pints but this thread and all the talks of drinks and pints and Guinness is making Dave thirsty! :D

Well seeing as Monday is depressing, a Guinness would make it less depressing.....Hey I guess its true what they say! Guinness is good for you!

Well seeing as Monday is depressing, a Guinness would make it less depressing.....Hey I guess its true what they say! Guinness is good for you!

I bought a four pack after my run and they're going down like milk, beautiful. I just wish I had bought an eight pack now lol

But I might have a Jameson nightcap with my Kindle in bed :P

If I started drinking now I'm not sure I'd ever stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's a real Autumn night out there , fabulous moon and a hazey fog starting to float around , spoooky....

If I started drinking now I'm not sure I'd ever stop.
        Word

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
        It's a real Autumn night out there , fabulous moon and a hazey fog starting to float around , spoooky....

A wonderful night. You can feel the Winter approaching too. It's there within touching distance. Heading to bed after spoiling myself food wise. I'm worth it.:D

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside with the heating on watching My big day home or away :D

This discussion has been closed.
      Advertisement