Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S10, S10 Plus, S10 E, S10 5G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The iPhone XS 64GB is €779 on my plan atm

I'll be having second thoughts if the s10 will be the same price

I need a phone with expandable memory as I have all my photos/vids saved on a 256GB micro SD card. That rules the Huawei pro 20 out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

The foldable phone was leaked in a teaser by Samsung Vietnam. It looks ok, but if your use to the curved screen and thin phone it will not be for you.

Huawei also unveiling theirs on the 24th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭jones

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The iPhone XS 64GB is €779 on my plan atm

I'll be having second thoughts if the s10 will be the same price

I need a phone with expandable memory as I have all my photos/vids saved on a 256GB micro SD card. That rules the Huawei pro 20 out

Why would anyone pay that much and be tied to a contract. Might aswell buy it directly from apple for a few hundred more. Networks seem to be discounting top end phones less and less lately. I am out of contract on S8+ this summer but i wont be getting new one at those prices

jones wrote: »
    Why would anyone pay that much and be tied to a contract. Might aswell buy it directly from apple for a few hundred more. Networks seem to be discounting top end phones less and less lately. I am out of contract on S8+ this summer but i wont be getting new one at those prices

Too sides too bill pay vs pay as you go (or whatever it's called nowadays)

Bill pay wins for me cause of the unlimited data

Text messaging and to a small extent calls are a thing of the past now with Facebook, What'sapp etc.

I'll decide when I see the price of S10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

They are plenty of pay as you go options that would suit you better, Vodafone x etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Here's the leaked ad of the S10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaOoT4aNqnI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Too sides too bill pay vs pay as you go (or whatever it's called nowadays)

Bill pay wins for me cause of the unlimited data

Text messaging and to a small extent calls are a thing of the past now with Facebook, What'sapp etc.

I'll decide when I see the price of S10.

I was on bill pay for about 10 years and was paying Meteor/Eir €45 p/m for unlimited calls and texts with 5gb of data. I switched to 3 PAYG in January, €20 p/m top up for unlimited data and free 3 to 3 calls which suits me perfectly. I'll never go back to bill again.

I was on bill pay for about 10 years and was paying Meteor/Eir €45 p/m for unlimited calls and texts with 5gb of data. I switched to 3 PAYG in January, €20 p/m top up for unlimited data and free 3 to 3 calls which suits me perfectly. I'll never go back to bill again.

Interesting but 1 question if u don't top up every 28 days do u lose the unlimited data ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm on Virgin Media €25 a month Sim Only unlimited and really can't fault it, great coverage between Ennis and Dublin (I can stream YT Music all the way)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Interesting but 1 question if u don't top up every 28 days do u lose the unlimited data ??

I top up, get the unlimited data and also keep the €20 credit. If you don't top up, it will use your credit. Its the best deal around for me anyway, I always had flagship phones but switched to Chinese android about 2 years ago so have no need to get a bill and that astronomical cost for the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I top up, get the unlimited data and also keep the €20 credit. If you don't top up, it will use your credit. Its the best deal around for me anyway, I always had flagship phones but switched to Chinese android about 2 years ago so have no need to get a bill and that astronomical cost for the phone.

You on three?

Been on eir with no unlimited data and they take my credit too.

Now on tree, I keep my credit, unlimited data, and I use the 3 rewards app regularly for great offers like €5 off delivering(monthly) and more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Guys, can we keep the billpay V PAYG to the main mobiles forum.
    This thread is specifically for the S10 which is being announced tomorrow.

Trailer of the phone, reveals most of the new features etc. Free earbuds with pre-orders. Not a great offer but will bring the cost down a bit. February 20 and March 7. Excludes S10e

For people who are considering the s10, what other phones are you also considering?

I'm kind of bored of Samsung and the camera is crap compared to the Google pixel which has the worst notch imaginable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

If you think the camera on what's presumably an S9 is crap then you should probably buy a phone and a camera separately.

You don't notice the notch on a 3XL after the first 5 minutes of using it.

If you think the camera on what's presumably an S9 is crap then you should probably buy a phone and a camera separately.

You don't notice the notch on a 3XL after the first 5 minutes of using it.

Compared to the pixel it is. Portrait mode etc are leaps and bounds above the s9 which said it's "the camera reimagined".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

MarkY91 wrote: »
    For people who are considering the s10, what other phones are you also considering?

I'm kind of bored of Samsung and the camera is crap compared to the Google pixel which has the worst notch imaginable.

But you can turn off notch and leave it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Compared to the pixel it is. Portrait mode etc are leaps and bounds above the s9 which said it's "the camera reimagined".

Samsungs do have incredibly bad cameras, the S9 range and Note are shocking for the price. I'm hope the S10 is sorted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm a Samsung fanboy and I have an upgrade waiting for my work phone, I'll either get the S Fold or wait for the Note 10 I think

Samsungs do have incredibly bad cameras, the S9 range and Note are shocking for the price. I'm hope the S10 is sorted.

I've noticed no difference in the camera for a couple of years now and the changing aperture on the s9 is such a waste.

I was blown away by the pictures I could take using the pixel camera port on the s8(they don't seem to work on s9).

So basically, the S10 reveal tomorrow will be make or break if I finally move to another phone or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Mate 20 Pro. Just waiting on 100% official pricing in the announcement before I decide myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭biebiebie

For those considering the P20 Pro as an alternative.

Might be worth noting that Huawei will supposedly announce the P30 and P30 Pro at a Paris launch event on March 26th.

biebiebie wrote: »
    For those considering the P20 Pro as an alternative.

Might be worth noting that Huawei will supposedly announce the P30 and P30 Pro at a Paris launch event on March 26th.

What annoys me about the pros are the lack of sd card holder so you can expand storage space

P20 has a great pre-order offer. 799 to buy new prepay and you got Bose headphones worth 350. I sold mine for 320 within 2 days of it and phone cost me 480 at launch which was brilliant. Shame Samsung are just including earbuds worth 150. Hopefully P30 Pro has a good pre-order offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭PATJOE

dan786 wrote: »
    P20 has a great pre-order offer. 799 to buy new prepay and you got Bose headphones worth 350. I sold mine for 320 within 2 days of it and phone cost me 480 at launch which was brilliant. Shame Samsung are just including earbuds worth 150. Hopefully P30 Pro has a good pre-order offer.

Was that through Huawei UK or Ireland?!

Trying to decide S10/ Pixel 3/ Mate 20 or now wait on P30.... Any info on P30 yet?
    When they launch, how soon are they available to buy in Ireland!?

PATJOE wrote: »
    Was that through Huawei UK or Ireland?!

Trying to decide S10/ Pixel 3/ Mate 20 or now wait on P30.... Any info on P30 yet?
    When they launch, how soon are they available to buy in Ireland!?

Offer was through through Three, Vodafone, Virgin and Meteor - all had same offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Watch the official S10 launch live at 7PM! :D

https://youtu.be/ISjiJQGJ72o

That Folding phone looks ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Agreed, still looks like a prototype. Can’t see it selling well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

He is not getting the responses he wanted here!
    The audience is tense, waiting for the price :D

Advertisement