Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about a Mod warning

Options
  • 16-07-2020 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭

Here is the warning: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114053520&postcount=422

I created a thread about journalism in the CA forum, and was given this warning:
    Mod

SchrodingersCat & Kivaro - either talk to each other or ignore each other. Stop doing half and half. Its damaging the discussion.
    I have that poster on ignore and obviously did not respond to any of his posts, two of which were personal attacks on me, in which he used quotes from other threads, not relevant to this discussion:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114049854&postcount=389

I could see his comments on a device where I was not logged in, so since it was a personal attack, I reported it. He did it twice, and I reported it twice.
    With the warning above, it looks like my only choice is to talk to the poster that I have already on ignore. Is this right? And why was the rule "Attack the post, not the poster." not followed in this instance when I was attacked?
    And why was I included in the warning when I did not respond to the poster or reference any of his posts or their contents?

I understand the protocol is to contact the Mod directly, but in this instance the Mod banned me previously for this quote:
    Last 3 posts.
    You are not a pleasant person, are you. (Note: no question mark).
    That particular person had repeatedly attacked me, calling me a National Party spokesman, the Irish Nigel Farage etc. etc. .... so many insults that I couldn't keep count. e.g.
    TheCitizen wrote: »
    Listen to the spokesman for The Irish National Party here. Our equivalent of that bollocks Nigel Farage.
    Yet, I was the person who was banned for the "unpleasant" reference (and nothing else according to Baggly) ..... from the whole CA forum. The other poster received a warning. So I do not expect any impartiality from Baggly.

Would appreciate a CMod take a look when you get a chance.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Regardless of past interactions you should still take it u[p with the mod directly

Having had a quick look at the posts in question and relevant reported posts I could understand why a mod, perhaps incorrectly, thought the pair of you were interacting within the thread

I suspect a quick note to the mod explaining what you have set out here (or indeed alerting them to this thread) may bring a swift resolution to this

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If you have them on ignore you have followed the mod warning so case closed.

With regards to my impartiality, you got a ban when the other user got a card because we operate an escalating scale of sanctions and you were further along that scale than the other poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Will do.

Thanks for taking a look Beasty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement