Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I wont quote the whole thing as it will only annoy others but its an overly long cherry picked load of nonesense that amounts to nothing but making excuses for your sacked hero.

I will address the two most delusional parts though.

The fact that you somehow credit Jose for Madrid having won 5 European trophies AFTER he left is at best laughable, and at worst, well I wont say. Ancelotti comes in straight after Jose's departure, sells Ozil and signs Bale, changes the formation to 4-3-3 and deviates immediately from Jose's system, ADM in particular excels in this system and they win the UCL (something Jose could not muster with all his tie and money) and Copa del Ray in his first season. Kroos is signed the next summer and after Ancelotti departs and a brief stint from Rafa Zidane goes on to win the UCL three times in a row signing no one of real note along the way.

It was a departure from Joses methods that gave Madrid such success, all of this happening immediately after he left is enough of an indication to any rational person that he was underachieving there but you just spin it 180.

Crediting Jose is someway for what he failed to do because other managers did it after he left is garbage. Madrid have always been a buy big now club and dont have much time for rebuilds, Jose bought big and failed to win the UCL. There aren't many more things as self dis-crediting you could have said then this which essentially amounts to "even his failings are a success, if someone wins something after he leaves". Excuse making at is worst.

As for managers not parting teams on good terms its a modern part of the game, PR defenses from both club and manager but again you draw a simplistic comparison as an excuse. Jose doesn't depart like other managers. now does he? This is the man that bullied a female doctor out of a club, stuck his finger in an assistant managers eye and regularly slates his own players in front of the camera.

Your continuous ignoring of this aspect of the guy, not only ignoring but painting his failures as paving the way for the next managers success shows how blinkered and beyond reason you are about the man. I'll decline from engaging with you about him again as that was a self-discrediting pile of waffle.

Ah, accusing me of cherry picking, thats rich, but unlike you , I will address exactly what you are saying.

I never credited Jose with being responsible for winning 5 champions leagues. I am responding to people who say "Jose leaves clubs in turmoil" or imply that he leaves clubs in worse state than when he joined. Its clear this is bullsh*t and that was my point on Madrid and Chelsea, not that he was responsible for their success. It also makes a mockery of people saying "his signings" are one of the reason why United needs a rebuild. Well why dont all his other clubs need rebuilds when he leaves ? I will give you the benefit of the doubt and not accuse you of misrepresenting a point I made.

And in terms of managers parting ways on good terms, what difference does it make if they are public like Jose or quieter ? What difference to chelsea was it the way Jose or Conte left ? The net result was the same, perhaps Jose hurts fans pride because he leaves acrimoniously, but thats about it. Really what is the difference other then Jose sells papers and some people lap up the drama and try to make it into something its not ? Its irrelevant unless you want it to be an issue.

In terms of the Physio, what has that to do with anything ? You accuse me of changing goalposts and then you just throw that into the mix.

Ive responded to your post directly, youve just done exactly what I said you do. Ignore anything you dont like or dont want to really discuss and cherry pick (ironicly) points that dont really add up to much in the context of this discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Spurs match is on Amazon prime
    Isn't every game going to be on prime for that midweek set of fixtures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,581 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Isn't every game going to be on prime for that midweek set of fixtures?

Yep, every match on the 3rd 4th and 5th, then they have the 26th and 27th

Trigger wrote: »
    Yep, every match on the 3rd 4th and 5th, then they have the 26th and 27th

I’ve prime but don’t know how to change it to Uk. Supposedly you can do it Legitimately by using your parcel motel address but never tried it..... I wonder how pubs can show it, does prime do pub subs?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Drumpot wrote: »
    I’ve prime but don’t know how to change it to Uk. Supposedly you can do it Legitimately by using your parcel motel address but never tried it..... I wonder how pubs can show it, does prime do pub subs?!

It's on Premier sports for us too so no problems for pubs to show the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I've a very bad feeling Zlatan and/or Bale will end up at Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭xtal191

Just get onto Amazon chat and they'll change it for you

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Spurs match is on Amazon prime

Only if you can access the UK region. I find they were unwilling to change it for me. It's awful anyway, so cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Ah, accusing me of cherry picking, thats rich, but unlike you , I will address exactly what you are saying.

I never credited Jose with being responsible for winning 5 champions leagues. I am responding to people who say "Jose leaves clubs in turmoil" or imply that he leaves clubs in worse state than when he joined. Its clear this is bullsh*t and that was my point on Madrid and Chelsea, not that he was responsible for their success. It also makes a mockery of people saying "his signings" are one of the reason why United needs a rebuild. Well why dont all his other clubs need rebuilds when he leaves ? I will give you the benefit of the doubt and not accuse you of misrepresenting a point I made.

And in terms of managers parting ways on good terms, what difference does it make if they are public like Jose or quieter ? What difference to chelsea was it the way Jose or Conte left ? The net result was the same, perhaps Jose hurts fans pride because he leaves acrimoniously, but thats about it. Really what is the difference other then Jose sells papers and some people lap up the drama and try to make it into something its not ? Its irrelevant unless you want it to be an issue.

In terms of the Physio, what has that to do with anything ? You accuse me of changing goalposts and then you just throw that into the mix.

Ive responded to your post directly, youve just done exactly what I said you do. Ignore anything you dont like or dont want to really discuss and cherry pick (ironicly) points that dont really add up to much in the context of this discussion.

So you brought in the leaving clubs in turmoil which is not something I raised then complained about the Physio being brought in asking what it has to do with anything? Your a professional victim at this point.

She was the club doctor by the way and you were referring to how Mangers depart clubs and her being bullied out is totally relevant to that conversation as it upset many players and was the beginning for the end for Jose at Chelsea.

You not being able to see how it matters because "the end result was the same" shows how blinkered you are. He cost someone their job ffs. It was totally unprofessional and disgraceful behavior from the self appointment special one. No other manager behaves as poorly as he does. Sticking his finger in Tito's eye, who does that?

Your end result argument is pathetic and more doubling down and excuses. Sure when companies leave people go whats the difference between walking out the door after verbally voicing your objections like a normal person, sure we may as well bully the receptionist and poke a few eyes on the way out and question peoples intelligence too. Jesus wept, your excusing the inexcusable.

• Advertisement

• giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1197463249379311616

Everything's gonna be alright lads #WoodwardIN
    Official: #mufc announce a licensing agreement with the LEGO group, suggesting themed sets or 'Collectible Minifigures' will be coming #mulive

:rolleyes:

• Is that serious?
    I swear to god someone said that here months ago and it was genuinely a piss take.
    But it actually has happened lol

It's simple really, go into your account settings, go to content and devices and then the preference tab and change the region to your PM address

So you brought in the leaving clubs in turmoil which is not something I raised then complained about the Physio being brought in asking what it has to do with anything? Your a professional victim at this point.

She was the club doctor by the way and you were referring to how Mangers depart clubs and her being bullied out is totally relevant to that conversation as it upset many players and was the beginning for the end for Jose at Chelsea.

You not being able to see how it matters because "the end result was the same" shows how blinkered you are. He cost someone their job ffs. It was totally unprofessional and disgraceful behavior from the self appointment special one. No other manager behaves as poorly as he does. Sticking his finger in Tito's eye, who does that?

Your end result argument is pathetic and more doubling down and excuses. Sure when companies leave people go whats the difference between walking out the door after verbally voicing your objections like a normal person, sure we may as well bully the receptionist and poke a few eyes on the way out and question peoples intelligence too. Jesus wept, your excusing the inexcusable.

It’s almost like you are saying Jose is a bad man... Is that your point? That’s He’s a bad person?... Cause I thought we were discussing his credentials as a manager, not a person. So now you want to change the discussion to Jose as a person, is that what you want to do, discuss his personality?

If you want to discuss morals or ethics or equality or positive values football is not a sport to start throwing stones at individuals. But I’m out, your just changing the discussion as we go along.

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1197463249379311616

Everything's gonna be alright lads #WoodwardIN

:rolleyes:

Surprised it wasn't the Muppets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

It’s almost like you are saying Jose is a bad man... Is that your point? That’s He’s a bad person?... Cause I thought we were discussing his credentials as a manager, not a person. So now you want to change the discussion to Jose as a person, is that what you want to do, discuss his personality?

If you want to discuss morals or ethics or equality or positive values football is not a sport to start throwing stones at individuals. But I’m out, your just changing the discussion as we go along.

Nah mate, I discussed his credentials and the success he didn't obtain and the immediate success his successors at Madrid did which was basically thanks to Jose not leaving the place "in a shambles". You just carry on with the strawmanning though, its almost like Jose has no imperfections and is god like in your book. Is that what your trying to say? He the perfect man? everything he touches turns to gold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,308 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Trigger wrote: »
    It's simple really, go into your account settings, go to content and devices and then the preference tab and change the region to your PM address

Are they only showing it on Prime Video in the UK, not Ireland too?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is Prime Video the thingy they're giving away with Eir bundles now, yeah?

Are they only showing it on Prime Video in the UK, not Ireland too?

I don’t know but did read somewhere (can’t remember where) that prime can only show the games in England.

I don’t know but did read somewhere (can’t remember where) that prime can only show the games in England.

https://twitter.com/AmazonHelp/status/1184912011630665728

Though can you trust Twitter CS Accounts?

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/AmazonHelp/status/1184912011630665728

Though can you trust Twitter CS Accounts?

Do you know I’ve not tried watching any sport on prime yet. Have the Irish app which is very basic and doesn’t have any option to see the sport. Must try it on the firestick

Do you know I’ve not tried watching any sport on prime yet. Have the Irish app which is very basic and doesn’t have any option to see the sport. Must try it on the firestick

On the mobile app if you go to TV shows and scroll down, there should be a section for your live and upcoming events, the American football should be there, Colts vs Texans which is on the 22nd. The football will be under the same section, I watched the US Open tennis on it in September I think.. was great to have such a selection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,541 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You not being able to see how it matters because "the end result was the same" shows how blinkered you are. He cost someone their job ffs.

Disgraceful all right, but she did at least get £5M out of it! and has a private sports medicine clinic on Harley Street. So I think it's pretty obvious by now who was right and who was wrong on that one.
    It was totally unprofessional and disgraceful behavior from the self appointment special one. No other manager behaves as poorly as he does. Sticking his finger in Tito's eye, who does that?

That too.

It’s almost like you are saying Jose is a bad man... Is that your point? That’s He’s a bad person?... Cause I thought we were discussing his credentials as a manager, not a person.

He might be a lovely guy behind closed doors but it's his public actions as a manager we're talking about here.
    So now you want to change the discussion to Jose as a person, is that what you want to do, discuss his personality?

Seems that's exactly what you are trying to do, to derail a topic which you find uncomfortable and reflects badly on Mourinho. Like it or not, his personality and the baggage it brings with it is an integral part of what a club is hiring.

How many professional football managers poke opponents in the eye? Or do you think that's somehow normal?
    Feck knows, we got enough discussion out of the moral failings of an opposing club a few years back... I suppose we shouldn't have talked about the racial abuse of one of our players, either, because "football is not a sport to start throwing stones at individuals".

Scrap the cap!

https://twitter.com/themanutdway/status/1197538379480682496?s=21

Mourinho speaking at his first Tottenham press conference: “Manchester United occupied my heart. The fans, the people who worked at the club. I just loved it”

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jose is a great manager.

That does not mean he will be great in every job he gets, lots of variables at play withim a club or just life in general that will influence how well he would do.

Even though, over his whole time, he was the wrong guy for United he can still go on to do very well at Spurs. It is bad for United that he is there imo as it is likely to make United goals harder to achieve due to the competiton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Jose was trying to link himself to every job out there. Wenger was doing the same a few months ago.

This is the only high profile job on offer. No budget. It’s a big test for a man who likes to go out and buy what he wants.

Serious talent at spurs but if one or two players he thinks arnt good enough can’t be replaced we may see the 3 year syndrome start a bit earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

DM_7 wrote: »
    Jose is a great manager.

That does not mean he will be great in every job he gets, lots of variables at play withim a club or just life in general that will influence how well he would do.

But he has been great at every job he's gotten, he's been the most successful manager post Fergie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Women are beating Leicester 6-1 at half time. Camped in their final third never mind their half... some brilliant attacking play. 10 is ON. Live on MUTV.

8-1 with 15 minutes to go and they missed 3 sitters on the trot, 4 as I type.

Jason Burt of the Telegraph saying Spurs are looking at signing Ibrahimovic :(

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jason Burt of the Telegraph saying Spurs are looking at signing Ibrahimovic :(

Stop watching YouTube and twitter clips and watch full matches.

11-1 to United at the final whistle...there were four absolutely piss easy sitters missed in the second half too, the last certainly I’m even wondering looking at it again if it was out of embarrassment and on purpose..

BDI wrote: »

I genuinely can’t tell what you’re getting at with that response, though I think it’s some snide attempt to somehow deride me for the fact I’m sad a ex-player I love will be playing for a different team than us?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I genuinely can’t tell what you’re getting at with that response, though I think it’s some snide attempt to somehow deride me for the fact I’m sad a ex-player I love will be playing for a different team than us?

If Jose signed Paul Scholes I’d be happy for Paul but I wouldn’t be sad. He has not had a game where I think he deserves 200 odd grand a week in a long time. Might score the odd cracker but Johnny Evans would have him in his pocket now.

Great for marketing though , cracker every now and then and quality interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

10 minute YouTube clips is how Ed decides to dust off the checkbook.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

For all the lads wondering about Amazon showing football,like I said it's being shown on Premier sports in Ireland.

https://www.premiersports.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

For all the lads wondering about Amazon showing football,like I said it's being shown on Premier sports in Ireland.

Can't see Utd listed on that schedule!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Its also been shown on dazn in Canada, supersports in South Africa and bein sports in mena!!!!!!!

Got you covered pal. :):p

I get what you are saying but not sure I agree that getting back Zlatan for a few months would be as silly as some believe. I presume he would be an alternative to Other older strikers we are looking at but I don’t believe the MLS argument holds up if he’s coming back as a sub or bit part player.

Henrik Larson was 36 years old when United took him on loan for a few weeks and he’d been playing in the Swedish league for over a year. What Zlatan would give in the dressingroom on its own would be potentially beneficial.

But that said, I don’t see Zlatan coming back for Ole and I’m not sure Ole would want such a big character in his dressingroom when he appears to be struggling to convince the big names currently there that he has what it takes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

10 minute YouTube clips is how Ed decides to dust off the checkbook.

He should have picked Neymar up years ago then :pac:

yermandan wrote: »
    Can't see Utd listed on that schedule!

Premier 2 has United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Premier 2 has United.

Ah cheers

I get what you are saying but not sure I agree that getting back Zlatan for a few months would be as silly as some believe. I presume he would be an alternative to Other older strikers we are looking at but I don’t believe the MLS argument holds up if he’s coming back as a sub or bit part player.

Henrik Larson was 36 years old when United took him on loan for a few weeks and he’d been playing in the Swedish league for over a year. What Zlatan would give in the dressingroom on its own would be potentially beneficial.

But that said, I don’t see Zlatan coming back for Ole and I’m not sure Ole would want such a big character in his dressingroom when he appears to be struggling to convince the big names currently there that he has what it takes.

Zlatan has left the mls probably because he is struggling to look like zlatan in it. He was at United and I’m not entirely sure what he gave the dressing room but I didn’t see a difference in the team morale and spirit when he was there or when he left.

He is an ego. Ole is getting rid of the egos. We need somebody from the lower end of the table or other tables willing to come in and have a shot at the big time for 6 months who will be happy to be second choice come next window if we can’t get our top priority now .

McTominay out.
    Pogba out.
    Matic back but hasn't played in ages.

Our midfield is gonna be an even bigger s-show this weekend.

Garner coming in? Maybe a defender pushed in there, Jones or Lindelof?

Reckon we will go with 532 formation, to beef up the defence behind an even lighter midfield.

DDG
    ----Lindelof-Maguire-Jones
    AWB
    Williams
    Pereira-Fred-Garner
    Rashford--Martial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

McTominay out.
    Pogba out.
    Matic back but hasn't played in ages.

Our midfield is gonna be an even bigger s-show this weekend.

Garner coming in? Maybe a defender pushed in there, Jones or Lindelof?

Reckon we will go with 532 formation, to beef up the defence behind an even lighter midfield.

Don't be surprised if he plays rojo DM, there were stories last summer he planned on using him in that role

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Don't be surprised if he plays rojo DM, there were stories last summer he planned on using him in that role

Rojo is out injured.

Tuanzebe is apparently back - so might be an option as a DM, or into defence with Jones as a DM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

McT is out for a couple of weeks too, ugh.

And "we hope" to see Pogba in 2019. His foot isn't even healed yet.

Not only are these injuries a disaster because of our wafer thin squad, I have little faith in how they are managed. Pogba should never have been let near a pitch when he first picked up that injury.

Amateurs.

Zlatan has left the mls probably because he is struggling to look like zlatan in it. He was at United and I’m not entirely sure what he gave the dressing room but I didn’t see a difference in the team morale and spirit when he was there or when he left.

He is an ego. Ole is getting rid of the egos. We need somebody from the lower end of the table or other tables willing to come in and have a shot at the big time for 6 months who will be happy to be second choice come next window if we can’t get our top priority now .

There are differnt kind of egos and not all are bad. I could be wrong but I’ve always felt Zlatan was the big dog/ego in the dressingroom and that when he went Pogba too up this mantle. Very shortly after this Pogba fell out with Jose. They may or may not be connected but if a manager has a good relationship with players with the big egos, then it’s not necessarily a problem.

I don’t think it’s gonna Happen but I don’t believe it would be as bad a call as some think, If Zlatan was happy to effectively be like a semi retired coach who will chip in when needed sparsely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,541 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

S.M.B. wrote: »
    McT is out for a couple of weeks too, ugh.

Squad really is fcukin' threadbare :(
    Not only are these injuries a disaster because of our wafer thin squad, I have little faith in how they are managed. Pogba should never have been let near a pitch when he first picked up that injury.

Amateurs.

For a club which is supposed to have fantastic medical facilities etc. why the hell do we get so many and so persistent injuries? This has been going on for years ffs.

Also the Zlatan talk :rolleyes: Influence in the dressing room - give over. He'd be a has-been writing cheques with his mouth his ass can't cash. You can imagine the eyerolling behind his back... Time to let go. I know it took some people a few years to let go of Rooney, same thing all over again.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement