Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michaella McCollum

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

It wouldn't be worth the effort 'cos u can't, u know I'm right but u stubbornly refuse to admit it. As I said b4 some countries have the death penalty for drug dealing but it doesn't prevent it. Where u supposedly see "damage" I see enjoyment. There's no fun having ur home robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

this is the first time i have ever discussed so describing my opinions as stubborn is stupidity. Take a walk around the city centre and tell me the junkies walking around are enjoying themselves. I've seen family members **** up their lives and their childrens' lives through drugs. Those involved in the drugs trade are scum, just pure scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Text speak is not allowed, and does not help you posts. Just type the words!

Not your ornery onager

I wouldn't stoop to ur level by using the "J" word, addict is the correct term. You're tarring all drug users with the same brush. I've taken drugs (not heroin) for a quarter of a century and enjoyed it. U obviously don't know anything about the drugs culture. Those people usually have other issues but most of us enjoy, work, play sport and get on with life, same as people who like a drink.

Sorry, I was following advice from The Irish Times letters page. Short ones get read more than long ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

In a way, maybe it's a good thing that she is out of prison after just a few years, and people know her story.

It might make other young naive people more aware of the dangers of getting involved in this sort of thing. Maybe the next time somebody hears "it'll be fine, you'll never get caught.." they'll be a bit smarter about it, having seen the documentaries, book, interviews etc.

People should know anyway, but now it is very very clear that you can get caught, and prison in South America is no joke. No special treatment just because you are from Ireland or UK.

Not condoning any of her behavior, just saying in this case maybe it worked out well. The Peruvians are probably glad there's somebody in Europe "warning" other vulnerable potential mules.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Young people tend to have the....'it'll never happen to me' attitude & this won't change no matter how much they are forewarned.

Some of them will just have to learn the hard way....She won't be the last...

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

If murder was legal, more people would commit murder. There are serious consequences for anyone who commits murder so this helps keep the murder rate down. Yes, murder still happens but it would happen more if murder was legal.

Same principle for cocaine and other hard drugs.

The fact that you have done drugs for 25 years and enjoyed them doesn't negate the fact that lots of other people who take drugs ruin their own life and the lives of those around them.

I'm not advocating the legalisation of murder 'cos there's a non-consenting victim involved. That's not so when you talk about drug dealing, there's a consenting buyer and seller. As for your second point, prohibition hasn't prevented that and they are a tiny monority, thankfully. Legalize, give the money saved on treatment to them.

Advertisement