Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the 'too good to be true?' halfords clothing bargain

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

positron wrote: »
    You read my post wrong - I have L, and I am looking for XL :D

duh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just shticking the head in here to say thanks for the heads up on this, collected a pair of casual shorts, 48 euros down to 6, and a jacket, 70 euros down to 11.

got them via click and collect on saturday, having ordered the week previously. The lads behind the counter (mahon, cork) were even taken aback at how good of a deal it was!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The lads behind the counter (mahon, cork) were even taken aback at how good of a deal it was!
    Chatting with one of the lads in Liffey Valley, apparently they weren't told of the sale and only found out when loads of web orders started flooding in.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Lad in Coolock said the staff got first dibs on the sale stock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Meh, it seems like pot-luck as to how things turn out for you.
    I "ordered" click-n-collect a pair of Boardman MTB shorts @ €6, happy days - I got the confirmatory SMS on Sunday then nothing.........silence.
    When I called in to the local store, they had the shorts in stock alright, but not in my size, and all were scanning at just a 20% discount, so €35-ish compared to the €6 online. I dunno......:confused::confused:

Dont give up...!

So I never did get a message to say my C'n'C order was ready and I'd forgotten about it, but passing the branch today I popped in and lo and behold, my order was reserved and waiting for me! A pleasant surprise nearly two weeks later. Boardman shorts for €6......I didnt have the heart to try for the additional 10%. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    ......I didnt have the heart to try for the additional 10%. ;)

I did :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

So did I and got got it, without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Picked up the last of the order today the red boardman rain jacket for €11 less the axa discount ;) A decent quality jacket and packs up reasonably small.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Wheeker

I ordered the Boardman Jersey with removable sleeves for €6 on 30th Oct. I received order confirmation via e-mail & text, but nothing else after. I popped in to Halfords Liffey Valley on Sunday & the Sales Assistant insisted I should have picked it up before 6th Nov. I then read out the e-mail to him stating that I should await confirmation that it is available for collection, but he was having none of it & said I was too late. BUT- he then went over to the racks & found one there, scanned it & it came up as €11 (reduced from €66)- so just bought it, still a bargain. Forgot to ask for the Axa discount though....

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Wheeker wrote: »
    I ordered the Boardman Jersey with removable sleeves for €6 on 30th Oct. I received order confirmation via e-mail & text, but nothing else after. I popped in to Halfords Liffey Valley on Sunday & the Sales Assistant insisted I should have picked it up before 6th Nov. I then read out the e-mail to him stating that I should await confirmation that it is available for collection, but he was having none of it & said I was too late. BUT- he then went over to the racks & found one there, scanned it & it came up as €11 (reduced from €66)- so just bought it, still a bargain. Forgot to ask for the Axa discount though....

Something similar happened to me in Carrickmines except i picked up nothing. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

positron wrote: »
    I picked up an ALTURA Progel bibshort and it's a bit too small for me - I need XL.

Long shot but, if anyone have an XL but would rather have an L... lets swap!

One last bump if anyone has the XL version and want to swap for my L ... :o

Advertisement