Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Aw that was lovely (Laus story across the 2 threads). Ruth (OH) and I were listening to the radio last night at dinner time and there was a bit on about what people should look for in relationships and she turned it down and told me why she was with me and i recipricated and it was so lovely. That thread gives me the same warm fluffy feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I was a prolific poster on the poker forum here once upon a time. I never made the switch to IPB. Lost interest in the game around the same time.

maybe if you'd found some chick to give poker lessons to you might have stuck around and you'd have a rosemantic online love story to tell us all now :(

...maybe you'd have ended up as Mr Flushdraw!!

Pter wrote: »
    Aw that was lovely (Laus story across the 2 threads). Ruth (OH) and I were listening to the radio last night at dinner time and there was a bit on about what people should look for in relationships and she turned it down and told me why she was with me and i recipricated and it was so lovely. That thread gives me the same warm fluffy feeling.

maybe don't tell your wife that reading a thread about two internet strangers, gives you the exact same feeling as when she opens her soul and tells you why she loves you!!

maybe don't tell your wife that reading a thread about two internet strangers, gives you the exact same feeling as when she opens her soul and tells you why she loves you!!

Well really all rom coms are about strangers arent they?

Its nice to bask in other peoples love stories :D

Well really all rom coms are about strangers arent they?

Its nice to bask in other peoples love stories :D

Sure I'm a sucker for other peoples joy!

maybe if you'd found some chick to give poker lessons to you might have stuck around and you'd have a rosemantic online love story to tell us all now :(

...maybe you'd have ended up as Mr Flushdraw!!

I lost interest in poker when she became MrsFlushdraw to another :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Aww god that was a lovely read for my lunchbreak! I don't have a clue why I'm with Mr Molly. He catches spiders so I don't have to? He takes out the bins? He washes the dishes?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Aww god that was a lovely read for my lunchbreak! I don't have a clue why I'm with Mr Molly. He catches spiders so I don't have to? He takes out the bins? He washes the dishes?

How does he manage to do all 3 at the same time? Throw the dishes frisbee style at the spider and knock it and the dish into the bin? Thats pretty cool tbf.

How does he manage to do all 3 at the same time? Throw the dishes frisbee style at the spider and knock it and the dish into the bin? Thats pretty cool tbf.

Spiders live in our sink obviously. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Why did the title of this thread turn to crap?

It didnt :)

We are gonna update the thread title every now and again based off whatever is being discussed in here.

Wheres the discussion of thead title, thread title?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

New goal - have Necro as the current topic thread title :P

Necrominus wrote:
    New goal - have Necro as the current topic thread title

Well Peter I think the next move is obviously to give me the thread title

Well Peter I think the next move is obviously to give me the thread title

I think I should get both the thread titles.....

Sorry couldnt resist :o

• Advertisement

Wheres the discussion of thead title, thread title?

Nah come on we can do better than that :pac:

Sink spiders are pretty cool. It has to be something at least pretty cool.

Like if one of you has a team of ukelele playing cats, that would warrant a change.

Nah come on we can do better than that :pac:

Sink spiders are pretty cool. It has to be something at least pretty cool.

Like if one of you has a team of ukelele playing cats, that would warrant a change.

Actual footage from the Necrominus household

tenor.gif?itemid=5250611

Nah that example was a gimme. Go train the cat to do something original.

Nah that example was a gimme. Go train the cat to do something original.

Well I took them on holiday last year and this was kind of original:

skydiving_cat-11850.gif

Seemslegit.jpg

• Advertisement

Oh erm, ok. I've a thread now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Thread title invalid.

If they've been in there long enough to warrant it being the thread title, I don't think it's Molly's sink any more.

Banjo wrote:
    If they've been in there long enough to warrant it being the thread title, I don't think it's Molly's sink any more.

I believe it's disputed territory that changes hands regularly. Today its Molly's...tomorrow......???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I was a prolific poster on the poker forum here once upon a time. I never made the switch to IPB. Lost interest in the game around the same time.

Most of us lost interest in poker, think my hubby is one of the last diehards! I haven't played online since I had a wee stint in hospital 3 years ago, all us wimminz in the ward got together, got into trouble off the ward sister for having too much fun in the place!

The normal nurses thought it was great craic, and came in to watch! together we took down a small tourney. Keep in touch with two of the girls to this day. One is a serious poker player.
    I lost interest in poker when she became MrsFlushdraw to another :(

Willie? lol

Who was ya Party?

Anyone any plans for the weekend?

Sleep
    Rugby
    Parade on TV
    Sleep
    Wash car
    anniversary dinner hopefully if kids play ball
    Sleep
    Catch up on work :(
    Sleep

Sleep
    Rugby
    Parade on TV
    Sleep
    Wash car
    Sleep
    Sleep

Work :( All weekend including during the rugby game :mad:

Local parade cancelled, which is tragic, as I was very much looking forward to missing the last 15 minutes of the rugby to go stand in the rain and watch a bunch of school kids with shamrocks on their cheeks waving and walking. Oh well <cracks open a can>

Wait - your anniversary is the day after patricks day?
    How hung over were your wedding guests?

Banjo wrote: »
    Local parade cancelled, which is tragic, as I was very much looking forward to missing the last 15 minutes of the rugby to go stand in the rain and watch a bunch of school kids with shamrocks on their cheeks waving and walking. Oh well <cracks open a can>

Wait - your anniversary is the day after patricks day?
    How hung over were your wedding guests?

Not too hungover. We started at 3pm, so everyone had a lie in or the hair of the dog in them for the ceremony.

Hometown parade was cancelled for us too (in Celbridge). I wouldn't have gone, but my mother lost the opportunity to bring my kids on our behalf.

Stereophonics tonight

Sleep
    Gym
    General laziness
    Repeat x3

Not too hungover. We started at 3pm, so everyone had a lie in or the hair of the dog in them for the ceremony.

Hometown parade was cancelled for us too (in Celbridge). I wouldn't have gone, but my mother lost the opportunity to bring my kids on our behalf.

Oh ****. We're neighbours.

Are you the guy with the monster truck who insists on walking his daughter to school down the middle of the road instead of on the path? I'm the douche who keeps trying to run you over!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Parkrun in the morning. Catch up on reading and TV for the rest of the day.

Why was Celbridge parade cancelled?

Oh ****. We're neighbours.

Are you the guy with the monster truck who insists on walking his daughter to school down the middle of the road instead of on the path? I'm the douche who keeps trying to run you over!

Haha thats my hometown; my parents still live there but im off up in the big smoke now.

Id be back there 3 times a week though as kids get minded there and grandparent visits etc.

So yeah, thats me.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Parkrun in the morning. Catch up on reading and TV for the rest of the day.

Why was Celbridge parade cancelled?

Lack of interest.

There are a couple of ceilis on instead however.

Sleep
    Rugby
    Parade on TV
    Sleep
    Wash car
    Sleep
    Sleep

Drive to Tipp this evening
    Play Munchkin with my 6 yr old Nephew
    Maybe pop down to the annual Tractor Parade
    Rugby
    Drinking
    Rugby
    Drinking
    Rugby
    Drinking
    Drive back to Belfast
    Delayed mothers day lunch with the MIL.

Not enough interest in it.
    I'd say a huge part of that is the overlap with the end of the Rugby, upon which our shot at a 3rd Grand Slam hangs (and given it's 9 years since the last one and we've only done it twice in the last 70ish years, that's a pretty big deal even to casuals like myself who think of it as picky-uppy-football. When you consider that for any given group in the parade you need to find a whole bunch of adults willing to bring the kids out and march iwth them, then a whole bunch of other adults willing to watch them from the sidelines, and each business represented requires a bunch of adults to drive the truck with the inflatable tennisball man on the back of it, it's a struggle at the best of time. With bad weather forecast and a major sporting event in the offing I don't think they had much of a chance.

GAA club have a very expensive Ceilí on, unless you scam it by bringing your 8 children and buying a family ticket. There's another on earlier in Castletown House, overlaps wit hthe start of the rugby but starts early enough that you can get in, do a luasca or to and be home in time for tinnies.

I'd say a huge part of that is the overlap with the end of the Rugby, upon which our shot at a 3rd Grand Slam hangs (and given it's 9 years since the last one and we've only done it twice in the last 70ish years, that's a pretty big deal even to casuals like myself who think of it as picky-uppy-football. When you consider that for any given group in the parade you need to find a whole bunch of adults willing to bring the kids out and march iwth them, then a whole bunch of other adults willing to watch them from the sidelines, and each business represented requires a bunch of adults to drive the truck with the inflatable tennisball man on the back of it, it's a struggle at the best of time. With bad weather forecast and a major sporting event in the offing I don't think they had much of a chance.

GAA club have a very expensive Ceilí on, unless you scam it by bringing your 8 children and buying a family ticket. There's another on earlier in Castletown House, overlaps wit hthe start of the rugby but starts early enough that you can get in, do a luasca or to and be home in time for tinnies.

Yeah, what Banjo said.

your word picture of this parade is beautifully funny!

Sleep
    Rugby
    Parade on TV
    Sleep
    Wash car
    Sleep
    Sleep

A quiet one tonight, didn't sleep great last night and am wrecked this morning!
    Have a few friends over for a BBQ in the front balcony and the lads will be watching the match on the projector screen which we are going to put up in the back balcony!

Any kids will be downstairs away from the adults and making sure they don't wreck our heads.

Before that I am heading into town to see whats happening, St Julian's is pretty mad at St Paddy's and this year will be even more wild with it falling on the Saturday!

Long weekend here as well. All great :D

A quiet one tonight, didn't sleep great last night and am wrecked this morning!
    Have a few friends over for a BBQ in the front balcony and the lads will be watching the match on the projector screen which we are going to put up in the back balcony!

Any kids will be downstairs away from the adults and making sure they don't wreck our heads.

Before that I am heading into town to see whats happening, St Julian's is pretty mad at St Paddy's and this year will be even more wild with it falling on the Saturday!

Long weekend here as well. All great :D

Cant beat a bit of rain for that authentic Paddys day experience :pac:

• Advertisement

Cant beat a bit of rain for that authentic Paddys day experience :pac:

Fraid the weather forecast isn't predicting the wet stuff till Sunday for a thunderstorm!

Fraid the weather forecast isn't predicting the wet stuff till Sunday for a thunderstorm!

"Hello? Millsan? It's your cousin Marvin. Marvin Boone? Remember you were looking for some dirty talk for that racy novel you were writing? Well listen to this!"

You are on form today Banjo :D

Woohoo! The day is here. Finally we can find out how many sandwiches Thornbury L Hemp can eat before riding out. It's been a long month....

Shhh. Rugby coverage. :P

Jaysus we aren't half bad at this rugby thing, as a nation.

• Advertisement

Necro walking around his office right now like...

857957183.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

So we won then did we?

Yes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Jaysus we aren't half bad at this rugby thing, as a nation.

I played number 8 whatvposulition did you play ?

Tigger wrote:
    I played number 8 whatvposulition did you play ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement