Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,822 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Dear Diary,

I was so stressed last night and this morning. I slept terribly. Did a bit of meditating an hour ago and I feel so much better. The problem is still there but the fuzz that was dominating my mood is gone. Couldn't recommend it anymore.

Unfortunate typo there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Just had a call from MRBI about some poll, reception was terrible so the guy hung up in the end. Anyone any clue what they'd be polling for at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

The approval rating for Terminator quotes in the Taoiseach's speeches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Found tonight quite stressful. Gf is working close to the front lines and can't live with her elderly parents for obvious reasons. My housemates effectively said they don't want her here either. I'd love a good Zebo debate right now over all this.
    Dear Diary,

I was so stressed last night and this morning. I slept terribly. Did a bit of meditating an hour ago and I feel so much better. The problem is still there but the fuzz that was dominating my mood is gone. Couldn't recommend it anymore.

Good to hear you're feeling better.

Activity is key. Our brains didn't evolve to sit around waiting to die, so this will obviously drive us crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Does anyone on here drink?!

This shows the importance of punctuation. Someone above said, 'I'm giving up Drinking for a month' when what they actually meant was 'I'm giving up. Drinking for a month.'.....;)

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Unfortunate typo there

Took me longer than I'd like to admit to see it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Queues for shops are mental again. People really do love a good aul panic buy.

Queues for shops are mental again. People really do love a good aul panic buy.

Are you sure it's not just the shops letting limited numbers in at a time? Huge queue to get into Aldi here yesterday for me but plenty of stock (bar pasta) once I got inside.

Bazzo wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not just the shops letting limited numbers in at a time? Huge queue to get into Aldi here yesterday for me but plenty of stock (bar pasta) once I got inside.

Bit of both and social distancing in the queues makes it look worse but the queue for our local Tesco goes all the way back out onto the main road. Must've been at least 100 people queuing to get in when I walked past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

It could just be that it's Saturday, and most people do their weekly shopping on a Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

My local lidl was only slightly busier than usual.

no queue when i went into my local supervalu at 1:30
    there was a queue of about 8 when i left.

they are just stewarding as required, which makes complete sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Just common sense being applied. Wife got to Aldi at 9am when it opened. Significant queue but was inside by 9.30am and home by 10.40am.

We're not a patch on the shambles at times we've seen in Britain or Australia.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I slept for 18 hours today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Dunnes Stores in Stephens Green had pretty much all empty shelves again. Same as last Thursday week. Can’t believe people can be so easily triggered into panic buying.

Buer wrote: »
    Just common sense being applied. Wife got to Aldi at 9am when it opened. Significant queue but was inside by 9.30am and home by 10.40am.

We're not a patch on the shambles at times we've seen in Britain or Australia.

It's been a **** show here. Milk/bread/pasta/rice/eggs totally unavailable for the guts of 2 weeks. People are freezing 10-20l of milk, I know several (slightly dim) people who have bought in one(or two!) chest freezers, ridiculous stuff.

Stheno wrote: »

What's the minimum number of hours for it to be considered hibernation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

• Advertisement

Listening to Roger waters "amused to death" here..... Quite apt for these times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Stheno wrote: »

AltruisticMildDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

I'm not sure who Paddy Cosgrave is or why he's suddenly all over my twitter feed but he seems like the most insufferable tool on the go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

He’s one of the most blockable characters you’ll ever come across

I'm not sure who Paddy Cosgrave is or why he's suddenly all over my twitter feed but he seems like the most insufferable tool on the go

He's the lad who runs the Web Summit. Threw a wobbler and moved it out of Dublin because the government wouldn't provide exclusive transport for his attendees and wouldn't splash out on other infrastructure just for him. Also famously said Trinity degrees are worth more than any other degree when it comes to hiring and if you wanted to work for him you could have a 2.1 from Trinity or else a 1.1 from anywhere else.

He also opened his gob and started spouting off about Ireland's tax regime and then it came out he was using a US company as a tax shelter.

He's absolutely despised in the tech world, and lately has decided he's some sort of political genius. He throws random big words into his tweets which are mainly focused at just criticising everything the government do without offering a sliver of help

• Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

He’s a clown. A party planner who thinks he’s some big tech CEO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

He's long been a dose but he's become an absolute parasite. He looked for the personal details of one of the deceased from Covid-19 to make a political point. He should be explaining that to a judge.

He's calling Irish people sheep for their support of the Taoiseach's speeches, apparently you aren't allowed to criticise. Meanwhile he is sharing articles promoting the Chinese system of government. Yes, a country famous for its freedom of speech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

507456.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Ive been saying it since February, but one of the great injustices of Covid19 is that web summit isn't till November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

3uihg8.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement