Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaming News

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Lets see if Crapcom bother their arse localising it since they refuse to release Miles Edgeworth investigations 2 and Layton vs. Ace Attorney in the West.

Surely we'll be getting Layton vs Ace Attorney. I'm hoping Layton's name could get it greenlit for us in the whest. Europe that is not just Galway
    :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Following a report by Pocket Gamer that Ace Attorney 5 for the Nintendo 3DS is being released in western territories, we decided to write in to Capcom ourselves, in order to confirm the situation.
    Brian Keltner, PR Manager at
    Capcom confirmed to us:
    “Capcom is planning to
    release Gyakuten Saiban 5
    (Ace Attorney 5) in the
    West. We’ll have more news
    soon.”
    As previously reported, Phoenix Wright will return as the main protagonist in Ace Attorney 5.
    The game takes place on year
    after the events of Apollo Justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I wonder what direction it'll go, I hope Phoenix is the main character although if its set a year after Apollo its doubtful.

Edit: I should start reading articles before posting. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Interesting postmortem on the development of Starcraft from Patrick Wyatt, former VP of R&D at Blizzard.

Tough times on the road to Starcraft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition has officially been announced for some time in 2013. The developers have said that they've learned from the mistakes they made last time and are working hard to improve what players loved. But this is exactly what they said when they were promoting DA2, so I've little faith in this being any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

gizmo wrote: »
    ****ing Bayonetta 2 on Wii U! :eek:

A game I would have loved to play, on a system I will not buy.

:(

humanji wrote: »
    Dragon Age 3: Inquisition has officially been announced for some time in 2013. The developers have said that they've learned from the mistakes they made last time and are working hard to improve what players loved. But this is exactly what they said when they were promoting DA2, so I've little faith in this being any good.
    You left out one bit of important info, it's being built with Frostbite 2. This could be important not just for the improvements on the graphics side but also for their ability to create a more expansive and detailed world.

On top of this, it also indicates that they're putting more work into the sequel with the move away from the Eclipse/Lycium engine and, presumably, the bulk of the work that had gone into them for DA:O and DA2.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

DA2 was a huge disappointment but it felt extremely rushed imo. Almost as if they were afraid of losing the momentum of the first and rushed the development. I think there were enough good things in the first game to warrant giving the developers another chance with DA3 though.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

EA you evil bastard!! :pac:

Great to see that some tech companies are still expanding in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

its in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Popcap office closing with the loss of 90 jobs in the next few weeks.

EA are great :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lumbo wrote: »
    Popcap office closing with the loss of 90 jobs in the next few weeks.

EA are great :rolleyes:

http://blog.popcap.com/2012/08/21/popcap-update-from-john-vechey/

Yeah, they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

A Counter!
    EA Lead wrote:
    "So with PopCap, what we found is that there are some areas inside PopCap that were duplicative of what EA was doing; a lot of central resources, legal, business affairs, those types of things, so we accelerated the integration there,"

Source

• Advertisement

Seems like a perfectly normal thing for any business to do after an acquisition of this kind.

Lie about who made the call to fire people?

Yeah I've read that BS. I've talked to the staff of Popcap. That blog and the reality are two very different things.

It's a business. It sounds like it makes sense from a business point of view. And there will always be people trying to put a positive spin on things like this. The CEO of Popcap can't exactly come out and say that EA are a bunch of ****ers who told him to fire a load of staff.

He needs to keep it positive.

...so it's ok to lie then?

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    It's a business. It sounds like it makes sense from a business point of view. And there will always be people trying to put a positive spin on things like this. The CEO of Popcap can't exactly come out and say that EA are a bunch of ****ers who told him to fire a load of staff.

He needs to keep it positive.

I do agree with that.

I just found it sickening at the time that he was being held up like some sort of hero because he wrote a blog, which is far from the truth.

BioWare's founding doctors have resigned

So, looks like Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk have finally resigned from EA Bioware. I'd be interested in knowing whether they had to stay on for a set period after the acquisition but either way, I'm most definitely interested in seeing what they do next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

More interested to see what happens with bioware with the doctors gone :/

More interested to see what happens with bioware with the doctors gone :/
    Based on the direction of the company from pre-EA / post-D&D to now, I'd wager very little will change. Dragon Age III, however, should be a good indication of whether EA understands the need to keep some level of depth in the Bioware franchises in the future.

Hopefully they do, and will continue to have the level of excellent storytelling through game that bioware have given us over the years.

'Gears of War' design director Cliff Bleszinski leaves Epic Games

Should be interesting to see how future Epic titles fare without him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19869466

Don't know if this was reported before, but it's pretty mad. I wasn't sure if it should be posted in this thread or the gaming humour one. In something that looks like it was right out of Southparks "Make Love Not Warcraft" episode, a hacker has massacred entire cities of PC's and NPC's.

Microsoft Support now accepting requests to change Microsoft Account Regions

Pretty awesome news for those of us who have moved countries after setting up our LiveID / Gamertags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sorry for bad link, I am on the phone.
    Zynga lost 160 mil so far. 150 people lost jobs so far.

http://m.kotaku.com/5954626/zynga-has-lost-160-million-this-year-so-far

So..... Wasn't that support to be the future of gaming... And how casual farmwille games were the killers of gaming as we know...
    Still sad news that people are losing jobs, but surely it was just a bubble...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I reckon Zynga lost money because anything they've bought they've messed up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Sorry for bad link, I am on the phone.
    Zynga lost 160 mil so far. 150 people lost jobs so far.

http://m.kotaku.com/5954626/zynga-has-lost-160-million-this-year-so-far

So..... Wasn't that support to be the future of gaming... And how casual farmwille games were the killers of gaming as we know...
    Still sad news that people are losing jobs, but surely it was just a bubble...

Zynga rehashed the same **** over and over again, people got bored

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,722 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

21-27 of november? tomorrow?

**** no... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just when you were getting used to having money again after the last sale. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Hello salary; good bye salary...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Isn't there something about there being no midweek sales or daily deals the day before a Steam Sale?

• Advertisement

About bloody time. 1st one was great.

Also, love that gif :P

Jeremiah Johnson isn't it?

Total War developers will be making Warhammer games!

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/total-war-developer-to-make-warhammer-games-6401161

There is no emoticon for the joy I'm feeling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Saw that....its finally occured :D ......maybe they Mayans were right.....I dont think the world could handle a CA developed Warhammer strategy game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Total War developers will be making Warhammer games!

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/total-war-developer-to-make-warhammer-games-6401161

There is no emoticon for the joy I'm feeling!

If they do it with their normal attention to detail and actually get the universe... this could be awesome. Imagine Total War: 40K, Ork Waagh/Tyranid invasion campaign, thousands of Orks or Tyranids swarming around the place. Mmmmm. Animal.

[edit: Well, ****bags. In my enthusiasm, I didn't notice that this doesn't include Warhammer 40K. Crud

Still, one can hope for the future.]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well Tyranids of WH is Skaven. Unlimited numbers of small buggers with some big monster in between; only difference is Skaven also got awesome guns to match (or you could make a case for Lizardmen and Undead as well I guess)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Nody wrote: »
    Well Tyranids of WH is Skaven. Unlimited numbers of small buggers with some big monster in between; only difference is Skaven also got awesome guns to match (or you could make a case for Lizardmen and Undead as well I guess)...

Yeah, I like Warhammer, but I'd much prefer the 40K universe. I'll still play the sh*te out of this, assuming it's in any way decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Glad 40k is staying with relic.

Eurocom have gone fully now, 75% redundancies last month was not enough to keep them going with the rest of the staff being let go now with them ceasing trading.

New South Park: Stick of Truth trailer up. Looks brilliant :D

Hrm, I don't want to derail the Steambox thread or bring back the abomination that was the PC v Console cost thread so I'll just chuck this in here...

PS4: new kits shipping now, AMD A10 used as base.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Hrm, I don't want to derail the Steambox thread or bring back the abomination that was the PC v Console cost thread so I'll just chuck this in here...

PS4: new kits shipping now, AMD A10 used as base.

:)

After the clusterfuck that was the Cell, I'm glad Sony have decided to stop taking all the drugs when designing their hardware.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement