Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find a Spanish speaking Irish gal?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Might be living in Galway by next year!

It's tough to get bar work in Galway Aussie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Go to Coppers where you'll find plenty of Irish women singing Despacito.

Christ, don't inflict that on the poor lad! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AmericanAussie

idnkph wrote: »
    It's tough to get bar work in Galway Aussie.

I'll have some savings, no worries!

Haha that’s actually where I live.

But anyway, lurk around the University when you arrive, that’s where they’re alll hiding.

Aye! I miss Galway. Is Cuba still there? The GPO?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hola Senor :D

You could try language schools around the country and there just happens to be one in Kilkenny ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,076 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Why Irish? Why not go to Spain, pick one up there, take her to Ireland? Still EU.

Pick me up one too, while you're at it...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Youll get one in Clare. That's we're all the Spanish boats sank

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Do you want to live in Ireland with a Spanish girl or live in Ireland with an Irish girl that speaks Spanish?

You keep saying you want a Latina Irish girl, that's not really a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Youll get one in Clare. That's we're all the Spanish boats sank

Spanish Point eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

We have same sex marriage now. Don't limit yourself to women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

GingerLily wrote: »
    Do you want to live in Ireland with a Spanish girl or live in Ireland with an Irish girl that speaks Spanish?

Much like OP isn't really an Australian, living in the US I'd hazard a guess. It's not funny, or interesting or bashing one of the AH favourites, so they'll need to review their strategy on their next rereg.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭fash

My dream of a Spanish speaking Irish Latina seems less certain after all this input.
    There are lots of Latinas/os and Spanish in Ireland. There are face book groups for "Españoles en dublin/[city of choice]" etc. which might point the ways of finding people (events, numbers of people in certain areas etc.). Many latinos/as also tend to gather at latino music nights/follow on Facebook.
    There is no identifiable group of Spanish speaking Irish girls - either girls who have an interest in the language/learnt it in school/college or have a parent/parents from a Spanish/Latino background.
    Best bet would be finding one of the groups ("[Group] in [City]")- and you are likely to bump into such people looking to improve Spanish/connect with culture/just have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭fash

I beg to differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Hang around playgrounds in more affluent areas during the day, you'll find plenty of Spanish aupairs to woo. They love a man of mystery with a keen eye, so wear a trenchcoat and bring a camera to take pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Christ, don't inflict that on the poor lad! :eek:

I'd only suggest Coppers for someone desperate for the shift. Kip of a place!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Go for a Spanish girl from the north of Spain, some of them you could pass off as Irish. Then take her on a sliabh luachra tour taking in villages like scartaglin, cordal, brosna, knocknagoshel and of course to finish It off the great town of castleisland. She won't be long picking up the accent then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

I have no idea why, but I can't stop picturing this when I think of this thread.

https://youtu.be/5035TY5RSpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There's this girl in Barrystown called Georgina Curley, her father was a Spanish sailor, so I can only assume that her Spanish is top notch.
    I've even got a documentary available that covers their family history!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    There's this girl in Barrystown called Georgina Curley, her father was a Spanish sailor, so I can only assume that her Spanish is top notch.
    I've even got a documentary available that covers their family history!

I initially read that as a limerick!

You can find a woman of ce descriptcion down the strada, in the cantina next to the bodega. Andalez before she heads out to the casa del worko.

I am mui fluente. But I'm not Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

Where might be a good place to find such a gal?

Try Christmas Eve, in the drunk tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

How much road frontage have you got? Important these parts.

I ain't saying Irish girls are gold diggers, but they messin with no broke aussies.

Vaya por abajo tia, Venga vaya por abajo

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

No tenemos las chicas latinas aqui en Irlanda pero hay las irlandesa que hablan espanol.

No Latinx women here at least very very very few. Ireland is just a little too far from Latin America

Jrop wrote: »
    No tenemos las chicas latinas aqui en Irlanda pero hay las irlandesa que hablan espanol.

No Latinx women here at least very very very few. Ireland is just a little too far from Latin America

More Latino men here I find.

It's all good guys. I think I'm gonna head back to Galway for just before NYE and see who randomly invites me into a house party (has happened every time I've been there!) and maybe just get lucky and meet an Spanish speaking Irish lass who wants US/Australian citizenship and a mighty good shag.

Then, on to Morocco for NYE!

I mean, mainly I want to be Irish. A Latina Irish girl would be ideal, because I like Latinas, spicy as they are, and she could teach me Spanish. But, Latinas will always be out there and I can learn Spanish in other ways.

fash wrote: »
    There are lots of Latinas/os and Spanish in Ireland. There are face book groups for "Españoles en dublin/[city of choice]" etc. which might point the ways of finding people (events, numbers of people in certain areas etc.). Many latinos/as also tend to gather at latino music nights/follow on Facebook.
    There is no identifiable group of Spanish speaking Irish girls - either girls who have an interest in the language/learnt it in school/college or have a parent/parents from a Spanish/Latino background.
    Best bet would be finding one of the groups ("[Group] in [City]")- and you are likely to bump into such people looking to improve Spanish/connect with culture/just have fun.

Gracias mi amigo! A good tip!

Also to that lass who mentioned Kilkenny, I've never been, would ye recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭SteM

The op's as aussie as I am Jamaican.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

SteM wrote: »
    "I and I are goin' to Babylon... "

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

SteM wrote: »

I don't know why people doubt I'm Australian. Would uploading a scan of my greencard and blurring out my name/photo/id number where it shows my nationality convince you?

Advertisement