Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find a Spanish speaking Irish gal?

Options
  • 12-12-2018 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm Australian. I've been living in NYC for the last 6 years, and just about to get my citizenship. American has kind of gone to hell and I want something new. I loved my time in Ireland, was in Galway in particular.

I think I'd like to find a nice Irish girl to marry to get Irish citizenship (perhaps one interested in US or Australian citizenship). Not a fake marriage but for love, obviously.

I'd also like to find a gal that speaks Spanish so she can teach me. Brilliant plan huh?

Where might be a good place to find such a gal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

How much road frontage have you got? Important these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

Fecking AmericanAussies coming over here stealing our wimmin!!
    And they want pointers!!!! harump harump harump!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

Girls School, Leaving Cert, Spanish, Exam Hall

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Not a single word of that OP resembles any form of conversational tone an Aussie would use. Nice try OP

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AmericanAussie

How much road frontage have you got? Important these parts.

I know not what that means!
    milehip wrote: »
    Fecking AmericanAussies coming over here stealing our wimmin!!
    And they want pointers!!!! harump harump harump!!!

Feel free to take some US or Aussie wimmin!
    antodeco wrote: »
    Not a single word of that OP resembles any form of conversational tone an Aussie would use. Nice try OP

We don't all talk the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I'm Australian. I've been living in NYC for the last 6 years, and just about to get my citizenship. American has kind of gone to hell and I want something new. I loved my time in Ireland, was in Galway in particular.

I think I'd like to find a nice Irish girl to marry to get Irish citizenship (perhaps one interested in US or Australian citizenship). Not a fake marriage but for love, obviously.

I'd also like to find a gal that speaks Spanish so she can teach me. Brilliant plan huh?

Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭josip

Spanish Arch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Damn. I only know some Irish speaking Spanish gals. Sorry, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I know a fair few..... What's the finders fee?

I know a fair few..... What's the finders fee?

What would ye like?
    Good luck with that.

Sometimes relationships don't last :( But if they can last long enough to have fun and become Irish, why not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Dublin City. At the hour of twelve at night. By candlelight.

If ya need it narrowed down a bit, try a having a wander around Stoneybatter ,Patrick's close,the Gloucester Diamond and round by Napper Tandys' house.

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    Dublin City. At the hour of twelve at night. By candlelight.

If ya need it narrowed down a bit, try a having a wander around Stoneybatter ,Patrick's close,the Gloucester Diamond and round by Napper Tandys' house.

Tell me more about this Napper Tandy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Tell me more about this Napper Tandy
    Instead of a mouth, he's got four arses!

But seriously are there latinas in Ireland in certain neighborhoods?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

You could try Wexico!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Diceys has a lot of Latina women.

You need to scram into the ether.

That's not a productive contribution to this conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

You could try up around El Paso (known to the locals as Dundalk for some strange reason....)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Balbriggan either - you could marry one of them and claim refugee status!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

South of the border - down Mexico way (according to the norn irons anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

We have women with big hoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Try grinder

My dream of a Spanish speaking Irish Latina seems less certain after all this input.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Aussie eh? Living in NYC?

*furiously downloads Duolingo*

Cerveza por favor!

My dream of a Spanish speaking Irish Latina seems less certain after all this input.

Base your wellbeing on random folk you'll never meet. You're a joke, an unfunny one at that.

Aussie eh? Living in NYC?

*furiously downloads Duolingo*

Cerveza por favor!

Might be living in Galway by next year!

Base your wellbeing on random folk you'll never meet. You're a joke, an unfunny one at that.

Someone's grumpy!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,197 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

You're not thinking this through, AmericanAussie. You don't need to marry an Irish citizen to acquire the right to live in Ireland; any EU citizen will serve your purposes.

I believe Spanish-speaking EU citizens of both genders are plentiful in, well, Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Go to Coppers where you'll find plenty of Irish women singing Despacito.

Peregrinus wrote: »
    You're not thinking this through, AmericanAussie. You don't need to marry an Irish citizen to acquire the right to live in Ireland; any EU citizen will serve your purposes.

I believe Spanish-speaking EU citizens of both genders are plentiful in, well, Spain.

I know that, but I particularly like Ireland, and would like to be Irish, and each EU country has different requirements for being a citizen and Ireland is only 3 years, less than a lot of other countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Might be living in Galway by next year!

Haha that’s actually where I live.

But anyway, lurk around the University when you arrive, that’s where they’re alll hiding.

Advertisement