Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Ignore list? How is it?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Graces7 wrote: »
    takes 2 to do that and I simply add to ignore and walk away. makes for less reading

I think that maybe I’m on your list given you never respond to my posts.

I have nobody on mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

jimgoose wrote: »
    Nay, best by far to tear the fat, braying mallet head of their ignorance off them and shit your flawless logic and impeccable information down their miserable greasy necks.

Damn, you beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I have nobody on mine, but I'd love to know if I've made anyone else's list! :D

I have nobody on mine, but I'd love to know if I've made anyone else's list! :D

I'm wondering the same myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

25 with a few more to be added.

It makes Boards better, less shyte.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Why are there no posts in this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Boom_Bap wrote: »

OP on ignore?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Boom_Bap wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭banie01

sullivlo wrote: »
    I think that maybe I’m on your list given you never respond to my posts.

I have nobody on mine.

Post of the year!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

BBFAN
    Dannyriver
    Graces7
    One eyed Jack
    pjohnson
    Tombo2001

I must say, there are plenty of posters I disagree with vehemently on various topics but those six are especially disagreeable posters in my opinion.

It’s particularly great not to have to see or read Graces7’s self righteous guff and pjohnson’s pointless, constant jibes at other posters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

One person on mine, Pretzelfuk
    I warned you not to call me that:mad:

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭ArrBee

I couldn't agree more with the 1st post.

In fact, I've thought of a different solution....
    Labels.
    Wouldn't it be cool if you could add a personal label against a user that only you can see?

I find myself not remembering usernames and reading a lot of bollox from a poster to find that, actually it matches their wacky view on a previous topic. I just had forgotten for the 1st 5 pages. :)
    Entering a comment against their name would help without resorting to ignoring.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I thought this would be a popular thread but only I appear to be replying in it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Kimbot wrote: »
    I thought this would be a popular thread but only I appear to be replying in it :D

Funny the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

No one on ignore list
    No one on friends list

I just don't take Internet forums that seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Putting someone on ignore seems like defeat to me. The best part of Boards is reading whatever guff that cûnt you hate is spouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

I'd ask OP what do they do on this subject on other social media - is same behavior used in here ?

But about me: I'd never thought of having an ignore posters list - but I would be doing the ignoring at higher level - not all threads/boards interest me enough to spend my time reading them.

If I get interested in a hot thread lets say few times a week, I do try to keep up with most content from it: I would ignore the junk when I see it, and remember only the information from the good post(er)s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

[quote Lillybloom

If someone has a long ignore list it's a sign that they have issues, theu gravitate towards hostility. ]
    Graces7 wrote: »
    Or are being attacked for their views... which are blameless.

This reminds me of a chat I had to have with my teenage son last year. He was yet again in trouble in school with yet another teacher. I sat him down and told him that there comes a stage when you have to realise that if 'everyone' seems to be on your case and to have it in for you , that maybe it might actually be 'you' that is the problem.

(obviously I dont mean in the case of bullying etc, just general life stuff).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

BBFAN
    Dannyriver
    Graces7
    One eyed Jack
    pjohnson
    Tombo2001

I must say, there are plenty of posters I disagree with vehemently on various topics but those six are especially disagreeable posters in my opinion.

It’s particularly great not to have to see or read Graces7’s self righteous guff and pjohnson’s pointless, constant jibes at other posters.

****in snowflake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Just cleared mine there - 4 persistent trolls from years ago.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Had one person, but it's now a banned account so it's clear again.

I tend not to ignore people, if someones posting crud or trolling I just don't reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭banie01

mvl wrote: »
    I'd ask OP what do they do on this subject on other social media - is same behavior used in here ?

As the OP :D I'll answer ya!
    On other social media, I have control. My accounts are set to private and as such the only people I disagree with are people I actually know personally.
    Boards is less a social media platform than most as it allows and even encourages a degree of anonymity similar to Twitter and other "nickname" social media platforms.

The main "public" SM I use is Twitter, and granted on that anyone can see my musings, and I can see theirs.
    I don't have anyone blocked, but unfortunately the way Twitters algorithim seems to work, all to often it descends into either a self reinforcing echo chamber or outright vitriol.
    Debate seems to be becoming a thing of the past, every topic rapidly becomes polarized and extreme with no nuance or grey areas left to inhabit.

Its a trend of arguing to extremes rather than building consensus or compromise that is becoming much more widespread IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Nobody why bother, however how thick some posters are is incredible I am fabulously intelligent of course, my biggest bugbear....The.. They want to believe despite all the rational evidence that they are incorrect then they rereg and spout the same nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

0 ignored, Not listening to others opinions is a big part of why places like America are in such a childish culture war, guess what maybe your world view is wrong and you should be willing to change your opinion if there is enough evidence pointing to the opposite view as being the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

banie01 wrote: »
    As the OP :D I'll answer ya!
    On other social media, I have control. My accounts are set to private and as such the only people I disagree with are people I actually know personally.
    Boards is less a social media platform than most as it allows and even encourages a degree of anonymity similar to Twitter and other "nickname" social media platforms.

Take FB for example: I had in mind the scenario where a private account follows public other social media accounts (magazines/businesses for example): you'd have no control on what gets posted and/or commented on those pages by individual users (users you are not connected to). Guess you can always label/ignore even individual accounts (that you are not connected to), based on public arguments you had with them on ... public pages.

In my case, I'd personally only go on this path once personal boundaries are pushed. No need for it really in here.

Advertisement