Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Ignore list? How is it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

0 its a discussion forum ,
    Even if I totally disagree with someone they have a right to have there own view on things, If someone goes over board they are band ,
    Also sometimes I realise I'm wrong and they are correct , d

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've a handful. None because I fundamentally disagree with their viewpoint, I just find them deathly boring and I couldn't look at any more cat pics.

Oh, and one notorious Walter Mitty who did genuinely end up getting on my last nerve with his outrageously made-up life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Have never put anybody on ignore. I just flick by posts by annoying, boring or insane people, of which there are many, admittedly.

The handful that have told me that they've put me on ignore appeared to be labouring under the significant illusion that it would upset me in some way.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jimgoose wrote: »
    I usually ignore you, you're an awful bollix.
    Love you too jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I've a handful. None because I fundamentally disagree with their viewpoint, I just find them deathly boring and I couldn't look at any more cat pics.

Oh, and one notorious Walter Mitty who did genuinely end up getting on my last nerve with his outrageously made-up life.

b24ekg2q.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Love you too jim.

I can't HEEEEAAARRRR youuu!! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jimgoose wrote: »
    I can't HEEEEAAARRRR youuu!! :D
    Here's a pic of me and jimgoose totally in love

son-of-man-remake-e14061516193371.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ignore List? Life is too short to get upset about strangers on a discussion forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Here's a pic of me and jimgoose totally in love

son-of-man-remake-e14061516193371.jpg

Posted this on another thread...with the caption of your pic!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,831 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

One person , and that only happened recently , for my own sanity tbh . I know I'm on a few people's ignore list though :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Blank space

I'm guessing this was a cat picture, but it's not displaying for me, so thanks, Boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Alt right heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mine is 0.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, one can walk away from a discussion. It doesn't have to be: get the last word in to be the 'winner'. Blocking people is rather extreme, but I admit I have done it in the past, but it never lasts more than 12 hours as it is just usually to take a break from someone in a heated discussion. Now more inclined to walk away, I don't see the point in holding grudges against anyone. It doesn't affect the person one has a grudge against so grudges are just pointless, and having someone on an ignore suggests a grudge or some form of annoyance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    One person , and that only happened recently , for my own sanity tbh . I know I'm on a few people's ignore list though :p

Same here. Just one, because it was driving me mad biting my tongue in frustration knowing if I commented on them I'd probably be banned. I know I'm definitely on one person's list along with at least a dozen more that the ignorer
    has blocked.

It's no way to have a discussion but sometimes needs must.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,422 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's only one person on my ignore list, but unfortunately other people keep quoting him, so I get to see hos drivel either way. He does only post drivel though, so if anyone else does quote him it's to point this fact out, so that's not too bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

banie01 wrote: »
    I've been dossing around boards for quite a long time now, 11yrs plus.

N00B.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

0 on boards, 30+ on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,831 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Same here. Just one, because it was driving me mad biting my tongue in frustration knowing if I commented on them I'd probably be banned. I know I'm definitely on one person's list along with at least a dozen more that the ignorer
    has blocked.

It's no way to have a discussion but sometimes needs must.

Ah , I get you . The person on my ignore list is from a different Forum than here tbh , I find most posters ok in here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

0 as although i can disagree with people on certain topics, diverse and different opinions are healthy and on more than one occasion i have changed my view point because what somebody else has said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I've a couple. There's a few wasters over in Politics that lay in wait to defend anything Fine Gael do. It's pointless talking to them as they won't discuss anything. It's more tiresome than upsetting so it's nice not to have to deal with them. They still see my pearls of wisdom so they are getting some schooling ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I've one person on ignore for the simple reason that their posts are the length of essays, I'll get arthritis in my thumb from scrolling through it all.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

None on ignore, leave everything out there. Poor Aongus/Johnny/Paddy and his fictional lifestyle getting a pasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Too many rereg accounts for an ignore list to work.

Why ?
    How do you know ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

0 people. Pointless to have lots on ignore in a discussion forum. I often disagree with a person on thread A and agree on thread B.

Not a universal truth though. Many colossal geebags tend to be colossal geebags on thread A-Z. In saying that I’d never put them on ignore, there’s a morbid curiosity in seeing what utter scuther they’ll come out with next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

One person on it, but only because they’re actually unstable. They took to another message board pretending to be a man saying that I was a whore, a cheating slut, messaging him (her) for sex :D

I don’t mind a debate but that level of cray cray is too much to handle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

One.
    I can still read the Shiite he spews as so many quote him taking him to task. The worrying thing is he believes what he writes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,220 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Nobody, I don't really buy into all this ignore list or blocking people on social media because they have a different opinion as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

0 myself, can't see the point in it at all.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I started a thread like this myself a few months back.

I don't have anyone on ignore. Sometimes I like to read posts by people who annoy me to get myself all riled up :D Other times I think life is too short and I should probably just put a few people on ignore who make me roll my eyes but curiosity about what they're saying seems to stop me. Also, I feel kind of guilty putting people on ignore, especially someone I might just find annoying but who hasn't actually been rude to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I put someone on ignore once just to see how it works, never got round to unignoring them. I wouldnt bother putting someone on ignore as it would mess with the flow of the thread. As in, I would be seeing replies to posts I cant see. I just ignore posts of people who annoy me.
    What does make me laugh though is when people announce that they are putting someone on ignore. I work in a pre school and I always read "Im putting you on ignore" as ... "I'm not your friend anymore".

Advertisement