Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Man (69) attempts to legally reduce his age

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Zorya wrote: »
    Just passing thoughts on why, not wanting to be lambasted for having them - but there is significant co-morbidity between transgenderism (and likely other trans things like trans-ageism etc) and mental health issues, so some of this bullying - because that is effectively what it is - may be related to general mental health problems.
    Some of it may be vexatious cranks looking for notoriety, like this Tinder Man wanting to be declared younger.
    And some of it may be a new form of strange misogyny. It's coming largely from biological males after all. This Tinder chap, with his attitudes towards women, wouldn't rank very highly either on any noble, gentlemanly scale.

I wonder if possibly some forms of gender dysphoria come with a dislike or irrational hatred of biological women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

I wonder if possibly some forms of gender dysphoria come with a dislike or irrational hater of biological women.

I don't know. Gender dysphoria cannot be critically studied at the moment as it is a hot potato no one wants to handle. Irrational hatred may be as likely as a proposed theory of autogynophelia. The whole area is impossible to study now as it is forbidden to think of the condition as in any way pathological. Which has caused some problems in itself...if something is not pathological why should related medical procedures be subsidised by the state? It's indeed a fine line the ideologues walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

imme wrote: »
    This head case is seeking attention.
    He was born in 1949.

That this is news across the world makes me sad.

Go away with your preconceived bigotry.

1949 is literally, an arbitrarily assigned value by the patriarchy to describe an eccentric prograde trajectory around our local heavy ball of plasma.

Its a cry for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I self identify as a 65 year old, public servant. Where's my pension?

Fcuking love it.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

It's insanity. Now there's the white UK writer who got a 400k award meant for "black writers" because he "feels black" and this fruit loop who wants to legally be younger! When will someone say "ENOUGH!!!" ???

It's far too late for that. The crazy genie is well and truly out of the lamp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

Q. How long have you identified as a 49 year old?

A. Well that's subjective!

blue note wrote: »
    Q. How long have you identified as a 49 year old?

A. Well that's subjective!

About three fiddy years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

thinking that having an accessible anti-aging pill would get this type of requests to be common norm.

ahhh - the future of all of us !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

mvl wrote: »
    thinking that having an accessible anti-aging pill would get this type of requests to be common norm.

ahhh - the future of all of us !

Yes, it's all under the umbrella of transhumanism, towards which we fly like idiot stooges, mesmerised and unconscious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I think this guy has as much right to claim whatever age he wants if someone can make a decision what gender they want to be on any given day.
    And then what makey up gender they are.

Fair enough someone is born with wrong genitalia or someone has a real life long case of gender dysphoria, but the cr** like with that kid (I think ???) in UK who complained the school didn't call him by the right pronoun on any given day because he/she couldn't make up their mind what they were.

It is the ar**holing around ala facefook and their 50 genders that is giving all this cr** oxygen.

Look at this for a list.

Asexual, Female to male trans man, Female to male transgender man, Female to male transsexual man, F2M, Gender neutral, Hermaphrodite, Intersex man, Intersex person, Intersex woman, Male to female trans woman, Male to female transgender woman, Male to female transsexual Woman, Man, M2F, Polygender, T* man, T* woman, Two* person, Two-spirit person, Woman, Agender, Androgyne, Androgynes, Androgynous, Bigender, Cis, Cis Female, Cis Male, Cis Man, Cis Woman, Cisgender, Cisgender Female, Cisgender Male, Cisgender Man, Cisgender, Woman, Female to Male, FTM, Gender Fluid, Gender Nonconforming, Gender Questioning, Gender Variant, Genderqueer, Intersex, Male to Female, MTF, Neither, Neutrois, Non-binary, Other, Pangender, Trans, Trans Female, Trans Male, Trans Man, Trans Person, Trans*Female, Trans*Male, Trans*Man, Trans*Person, Trans*Woman, Transexual, Transexual Female, Transexual Male, Transexual Man, Transexual Person, Transexual Woman, Transgender Female, Transgender Person, Transmasculine, Two-spirit

WTF ?

How many trans can there be ?

What about "transformer" and "trans-it"

Hell I am going to add in a few:
    AC-DC, poteen-spirit-lad, two-sheets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

All a de above please and baked beans on de side thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I'm wondering, if I lived in a country that had conscription and I wanted to avoid the draft, could I apply to have my height legally reduced to two feet five?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

feargale wrote: »
    I'm wondering, if I lived in a country that had conscription and I wanted to avoid the draft, could I apply to have my height legally reduced to two feet five?

nope, but you could of course always change to a different gender. Not too many countries where they conscript women (to my knowledge only North Korea and Israel)

jmayo wrote: »
    I think this guy has as much right to claim whatever age he wants if someone can make a decision what gender they want to be on any given day.
    And then what makey up gender they are.

Fair enough someone is born with wrong genitalia or someone has a real life long case of gender dysphoria, but the cr** like with that kid (I think ???) in UK who complained the school didn't call him by the right pronoun on any given day because he/she couldn't make up their mind what they were.

It is the ar**holing around ala facefook and their 50 genders that is giving all this cr** oxygen.

Look at this for a list.

Asexual, Female to male trans man, Female to male transgender man, Female to male transsexual man, F2M, Gender neutral, Hermaphrodite, Intersex man, Intersex person, Intersex woman, Male to female trans woman, Male to female transgender woman, Male to female transsexual Woman, Man, M2F, Polygender, T* man, T* woman, Two* person, Two-spirit person, Woman, Agender, Androgyne, Androgynes, Androgynous, Bigender, Cis, Cis Female, Cis Male, Cis Man, Cis Woman, Cisgender, Cisgender Female, Cisgender Male, Cisgender Man, Cisgender, Woman, Female to Male, FTM, Gender Fluid, Gender Nonconforming, Gender Questioning, Gender Variant, Genderqueer, Intersex, Male to Female, MTF, Neither, Neutrois, Non-binary, Other, Pangender, Trans, Trans Female, Trans Male, Trans Man, Trans Person, Trans*Female, Trans*Male, Trans*Man, Trans*Person, Trans*Woman, Transexual, Transexual Female, Transexual Male, Transexual Man, Transexual Person, Transexual Woman, Transgender Female, Transgender Person, Transmasculine, Two-spirit

WTF ?

Hell I am going to add in a few:
    AC-DC, poteen-spirit-lad, two-sheets.

I've a question. Well actually I've several.

Whats a two spirit person?

Duh!!

Someone who drinks gin as well as whiskey.

What's a two-sheets person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

jmayo wrote: »
    WTF ?

Transformer might sort of be on the cards in the next decades(s), or a type of ai-transhumanism wherby 'Wave-3 AI' processes directly using human dna, or at the least organic neurological interfacing, with data perma-stored in a cloud-universal conciousness, for machine learned decision making capabilities.

Everyone will speak like Alexia, that talking speaker box thing.

wexie wrote: »
    Duh!!

Someone who drinks gin as well as whiskey.

What's a two-sheets person?

Is that not a Scottish/Irish Gin Wánker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

If a law like that came in i can imagine lots of young people applying to raise their age and then apply for their pension. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It's a native American concept thats been appropriated by the multiple gender movement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Sciprio wrote: »
    If a law like that came in i can imagine lots of young people applying to raise their age and then apply for their pension. :pac:

Look at the Irish Census returns 1901 and 1911. Alot of people aged by 20 years in between. Reason? Lloyd George introduced old age pensions in 1909.

• Advertisement

Look at the Irish Census returns 1901 and 1911. Alot of people aged by 20 years in between. Reason? Lloyd George introduced old age pensions in 1909.

Either this, or the opposite - humans' permanent chase for the fountain of youth can point to how wanting to be older or younger can be seen a normal human behavior.

Excluding Tinder from the equation, thinking just about other challenges current society has put on older ppl - I think this guy is entitled to ask what he's asking for, as long as he can certify that his physical or mental condition is younger than his current age. If the law allows it and there is an opportunity, why not do it ?
    - consequence would be that he could fail an evaluation few years later, and he may need to reset again the age :)

PS: wanting to be younger does make more sense to me than changing gender and then accuse women of not being women enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

All he need to is express his age in martian years, he'd only be 37 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

jmayo, what does asexual have to do with being trans? Completely different things!

_Godot_ wrote: »
    jmayo, what does asexual have to do with being trans? Completely different things!

I think those are just the gender options you have these days on Facebook....

(not kidding)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/10930654/Facebooks-71-gender-options-come-to-UK-users.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

mvl wrote: »
    thinking just about other challenges current society has put on older ppl - I think this guy is entitled to ask what he's asking for

1. What challenges are you referring to?
    2. What makes these challenges extraordinary that they can be viewed as an exception to the norm?
    3. Why do these challenges confer any entitlement to an individual?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I really don't want to let the aul brain loose too much on this but isn't Transman the exact same thing as Transexual Man ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Well, it depends on how you want to look at it and what's deemed reasonable by society.

So straight off the bat you have the concept of being "too short" or "not tall enough" these are obviously social constructs.

The unit of measurement "foot" and your desire to be classed as "two feet five" is going to be trickier to work around but I would say not impossible.

Who decided what a "foot" or an "inch" would represent and should those people have a monopoly on what "foot" and "inch" should describe.

Your argument would be "well my definition of two feet five is the same as my actual height and so I am too short to be conscripted".

And their counter would be "well we define two foot five differently and so you are getting conscripted".

Remember this takes place in the context of a world where some will argue that it's a fact that biological sex does not exist. People in academia will back this up.

So if biological sex doesn't exist how can we really say that "height" exists? Both are measurements, right?

Classifying a person as biologically male or female is based entirely on observing that person and making a measurement. That could be looking at chromosomes or just looking at genitalia. Yet, seemingly powerful and influential forces argue against it.

Why should height be any different?

You: "I am too short to be conscripted, sorry"
    Military: "No you are within the correct height range, fall in"
    You: "Just because your doctor assigned me a height means nothing, I have my own system of measurement and I'm too short".

The arbitration would probably last longer than the war so you'd be fine.

Realistically though what you'd need is some sort of foothold in academia and a committed group of activists willing to take up your cause. Then you just hope that people with common sense just give in because it's not worth the hassle.

THEN you can apply to have your height legally reduced to two feet five.

1. What challenges are you referring to?
    2. What makes these challenges extraordinary that they can be viewed as an exception to the norm?
    3. Why do these challenges confer any entitlement to an individual?

Ageism in recruitment, coupled with a postponed retirement age. This is my brief answer to all the points above.

And I think with technology today we should all be able to scientifically certify/re-confirm our age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

He's dead right How do we quantify what goes on in peoples heads. If we start being prejudiced against one where does it end. Open the floodgates. I've built my ark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

wexie wrote: »
    Yeah but age can be clearly established by counting the amount of time elapsed between birth and now!!!

:pac:

What is "time" though. Society decides a "year" is the time it takes the Earth to go around the sun, OK.

HOWEVER, society also then imposes arbitrary restrictions on people based around the number of times the Earth has circled the sun since you were "born".

And what does that even mean "to be born"? Am I not constructed entirely of matter that has existed, in one form or many, for billions of years? Who's to say what "age" I am?

So, yeah, I can't drink until we've travelled around the Sun 18 times since my "birth" was "registered" with the "government" WTF are we doing here?

So I'm going for a job and they say "how old are you". Well, the answer to that could be a lot of things. If I say "21 years old" thinking they would rather have a 21 year old employee that a 69 year old then who are they to say "well legally you are 69 so STFU old man"? That's not right.

I should be able to legally change my age so that I can go into these employers, or anyone who is interested in my age really, and say "i am 21 years old and hear is the legal documentation".

I don't care what YOUR definition of a year is. Stop trying to impose your outdated standards on me. A year for ME is based on my personal experience and perception, not yours.

If your definition of "man" is different from mine to the extent where calling me a "man" when I identify as a woman can cause me great offence then why shouldn't it be the same for your definition of "year"?

Advertisement