Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refugees who escaped truck in laois not being searched for.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Effects wrote: »
    Can you recommend a decent car scales that isn't too pricey and folds up small?

Halfords, ask for Ahmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Does this mean I will have to lock the front door and take the car key out of the ignition and lock it every night now before I go to bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

iHungry wrote: »
    I saw a fella of African descent on the M1 motorway between the port tunnel and the M50 junction the same day. Looked very suspicious, anyone else see him?

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Isnt everyone of African descent?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

jacksie66 wrote: »
    What's the logic behind this? Couple of refugees were discovered in a truck in Laois. They jumped out and ran away. According to this article they're not being searched for? Am I missing something or is this utter madness..
    http://www.midlands103.com/news-centre/no-searches-planned-refugees-laois/

Sounds like the pitch for the next The Hills Have Eyes remake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

If you're within walking/running/car-commandeering distance of this location:

MvY7Z3Q.png

Sure why not bolt down that open window at the back of the house/shed, before sundown (right about now).
    Send your 'thank you note', over to the competent border staff over in Cherbourg and elsewhere.

Word on the street is that they have been picked up by members of the fifth column and are in route to
    Clonskeagh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

I love this reaction. A lot of us have a genuine worry about these unknown foreign particular individuals roaming around the countryside and all you can give is this snide remark. What happens if they get hungry and desperate and break into an old person's home and attack them for food. I suppose there's nothing to worry about..

I love this reaction!
    What makes you think these particular people who you don't know are any worse then the thousands of other people in the country that you don't know!!

I love this reaction. A lot of us have a genuine worry about these unknown foreign particular individuals roaming around the countryside and all you can give is this snide remark. What happens if they get hungry and desperate and break into an old person's home and attack them for food. I suppose there's nothing to worry about..

Would they not just eat their food? Why would they attack them? Cos they are savages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It's pointless trying to reason with a leftie, just ignore them.

Do you live near Mountmellick?

It's pointless trying to reason with a leftie, just ignore them.

They tuk r jabs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭emo72

Try_harder wrote: »
    Would they not just eat their food? Why would they attack them? Cos they are savages?

How would you react if a stranger broke into your home? You don't know if they've only come in for food.
    So yeah, that would go bad rather quick.

emo72 wrote: »
    How would you react if a stranger broke into your home? You don't know if they've only come in for food.
    So yeah, that would go bad rather quick.

Call the Gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Illegal people in this country run from a truck when discovered and people think this is OK? Ireland truly is ****ed isn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Soon as I've had my dinner, I'll be out there, accosting anyone who looks a bit, you know, foreign. Who's with me?

Suppose even stay-at-home Male Mum's need to get out now & again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭emo72

Call the Gardai?

Hang on lads, just need to make a call.

Edited this. Don't want to be rude. I called him stupid, so I offer an apology. Sincerely.

Really, they will just break into someone's house while the owners are in the house and cook a meal?!

Thats some bs post right there

Illegal people in this country run from a truck when discovered and people think this is OK? Ireland truly is ****ed isn't it.

What are illegal people???

• Advertisement

deco nate wrote: »
    Really, they will just break into someone's house while the owners are in the house and cook a meal?!

Thats some bs post right there

Where did I say cook them a meal???

emo72 wrote: »
    Hang on lads, just need to make a call. You're stupid.

I am upstairs. If I hear them break in. What would you do?

It's just mad how little people care. These people who were in the back of the truck are most likely from a 3rd world country or Syria. But I suppose their addition to our nation will enrich us beyond belief...

So Syrians are not ok?

Nobody that comes here illegally in the back of a truck is..

Even if they are escaping war- ok

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

It's just mad how little people care. These people who were in the back of the truck are most likely from a 3rd world country or Syria. But I suppose their addition to our nation will enrich us beyond belief...

They'll probably end up doing the jobs that you are too lazy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I am upstairs. If I hear them break in. What would you do?

Cook them a meal so they don't make a mess of your kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Taytoland wrote: »
    No surprise. Leo Varadkar is weak on crime, weak on border controls, just weak in general. Time for him to resign.

This reads like a Trump tweet.

ninja 12 wrote: »
    It seems that our Gardaí are psychic :rolleyes:

https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/news/327756/five-suspected-illegal-immigrants-have-escaped-from-a-truck-in-laois.html
    From the Leinster Express in the link above -

How can they say this ?

The Gardaí do not know who these people are , where they are from , if they are in good or poor health or where they are now .

I'd say they have more info than we do in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Even if they are escaping war- ok

War in Calais or Cherbourg?

Advertisement