Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

12 year old girl beaten up

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,807 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I remember she I was in secondary school there was the odd school fight between people which was arranged at lunch time.
    People never kicked one another in the head tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Poor girl. Kicks to head should should hold an attempted murder charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Are we going to have a thread on every kid that gets bullied? Being going on since time began.
    So what? It wasn't highlighted then, but it is now because there's the technology. What's the issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

and? What I we supposed to do with this information other than vent pointlessly or feel bad for her. I'm not going to indulge any lurking nihilism by watching the footage of someone in distress.

:mad:

*VENTS (pointlessly)

* feel bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭ollkiller

It's a sign if the times. I'd hate to be a kid today. There was bullying when I was in school in the 80s, but nothing like what I see today.

Really. I went to school in the 80's. Bullying was rife and was vicious. The only reason it appears worse today is because everyone can record it. Trust me it was just as bad back then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

That was in Kent, apparently a 13 year old girl was attacked by an adult in broad daylight in Laois on saturday:

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/11/30/thirteen-year-old-girl-hospitalised-after-alleged-attack/

News story doesnt mention much but apparently it was all over social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Thankfully, looks like she's on the mend and the other girl was arrested.
    The stomp to the head was horrific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Apparently the girl who committed the assault also got the **** kicked out of her later - by a boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

It's a sign if the times. I'd hate to be a kid today. There was bullying when I was in school in the 80s, but nothing like what I see today.

Jaysus it was much worse than this when I was in school in the 80s in Dublin.

Not only were other students bating the crap out of each other but the nuns would bate the living daylights out of you without a second thought.

I remember a girl in secondary school beating another girl and smashing her in the face with a rock - yer woman lost all her front teeth.

It was just as bad, worse I would say because you were getting it off the teachers as well.

It just wasnt being filmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

....... wrote: »
    Jaysus it was much worse than this when I was in school in the 80s in Dublin.

Not only were other students bating the crap out of each other but the nuns would bate the living daylights out of you without a second thought.

I remember a girl in secondary school beating another girl and smashing her in the face with a rock - yer woman lost all her front teeth.

It was just as bad, worse I would say because you were getting it off the teachers as well.

It just wasnt being filmed.

On the other hand, you only had to be in it for 30-35 hours per week. Now it's relentless with the victims being followed everywhere outside of school hours on Social Media

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Lived on Broadstairs for close to 5 years, still visit friends there as recently as September. ITs always been like that, kids smashing the **** out of each other daily after school and weekend nights.

There is a rivilray between the schools and the bigger issue of most of Thanet ie Margate,Westgate,Broadstairs,Ramsgate. Kids reg just hop the train and wreck the place in rival towns and jump the train back out of there or drive.

Broadstairs police station closed maybe 3-4 years ago and is now covered by margate and the kids are gone by the time they turn up and if they do catch them there are mouthy ***** that know the cant be smacked by the police.

Broadstairs is by far the one the nicer places in Thanet aswell, truly is.

That bully girl will get some hiding coming to her i know of that, there are some real headcases around them parts but in my opinion she deserves it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Laois_Man wrote: »
    On the other hand, you only had to be in it for 30-35 hours per week. Now it's relentless with the victims being followed everywhere outside of school hours on Social Media

Aye, although in the example I just gave of the girl smashing out the other girls teeth, they both lived in the same council estate next to the school so it wouldnt surprise me if she was also getting terrorised outside of school.

I remember a cousin of mine had dreadful psoriasis all over his body that the doc said was stress related - cleared up as soon as he finished school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Human's are ****.
    *Humans

See!.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

ollkiller wrote: »
    Really. I went to school in the 80's. Bullying was rife and was vicious. The only reason it appears worse today is because everyone can record it. Trust me it was just as bad back then.

Back in the 80s it stayed in the school yard.

These days there is no getting away from it.

Advertisement