Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest Movie Scene?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Man of Steel fight scenes, thought these action sequences were pretty epic:

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Ak84

Tell No One.
    When he runs with the dog to the internet cafe. And the music builds up to him opening the email.
    And Wolf of Wall Street.
    The qualude scenes have me in stitches every time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Jessie Belle

Too lazy to read thread but that scene at the end of the movie Seven where Brad Pitt opens the box. /shudders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A pretty ****ed up thread considering the obvious ages involved. Younger dudes have their cool ****, but us oldies have our cool ****. However, the LOTRS is absolute bollox! Peter Jackson is a great Director sort of, but nowhere near as great as the greats. Lost his soul via that special effects outfit in NZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,907 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Spoiler for anyone that hasn't seen this film
    https://youtu.be/fGFLyA3u_rw

You could say what film it is, nobody's gonna know unless they click the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭valoren

The Orange Man scene in Unbreakable.

Arguably the best super hero movie. What's affecting about that scene was that this was Dunn finally finding his purpose which was to protect people. He did what he needed to do in order to prevent the orange man from hurting others going forward. There is no showdown, drawn out battle, quips or one liners. It's simply the hero methodically and deliberately doing what was necessary by choking a psychotic criminal to death while getting thrashed around like a rag doll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,638 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Road to Perdition

'I'm glad it's you'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Always liked Speilberg's eye for detail, when the vechicle comes up behind Roy and you see loads of columns of coloured lights, although that bit is cut off in this clip.

Or Speilberg's first film Duel and the suspense when Dennis Weaver's character goes into the transport cafe trying to suss the driver of the treacherous truck.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Always liked Speilberg's eye for detail, when the vechicle comes up behind Roy and you see loads of columns of coloured lights, although that bit is cut off in this clip.

Or Speilberg's first film Duel and the suspense when Dennis Weaver's character goes into the transport cafe trying to suss the driver of the treacherous truck.

Both brilliant and examples of why he was a legend of his time and lasted so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DaintyDavy

Another epic scene, one of the best.

The scene where Micheál Ó Súilleabháin is beaten to death by the British when he refuses to give the coloniser's version of his name to them.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mammajamma

An underrated ridley scott film, a perfect match with music, rousing and full of intrepidity and adventure. This particular track is best of all, played through the "travelling scene"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

opentarget wrote: »
    Children of men. Car Ambush scene. Pull my finger scene and continues shot through slum battle...that film has so many.

That car ambush scene is excellent - it bowled me over when seeing it in the cinema, as I had never seen anything like it before. The long take is employed a lot more now but it was far rarer then, especially when trying to orchestrate a scene with so many moving parts and the angles they used with the camera - keeping it so very tight and claustrophobic within the car. Very innovative at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Ooh, has anyone mentioned The Sixth Sense, the wedding ring scene?!

Major spoiler don’t watch if you haven’t seen it. (Has anyone not seen it!?)
    https://youtu.be/hJ_bWcN8YkM

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mammajamma

Bladerunners final scene, powerful words with the "tears in the rain"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

The last scene of The Vanishing (Spoorloos) not the crapoy hollywood remake. Chilling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

The Accused. Jodie on the pinball machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Just because it's hilarious, and the film is on RTE right now..

Deliverance. One for the boys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The obvious answer is the scene in Basic Instinct with Sharon Stone being questioned by the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Jim 77

Sophie's Choice:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Not a scene as such, but the idea and execution of the pole cats in Fury Road was amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,298 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

These make laugh every time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

That scene in Basic Instinct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Ronney

Some great ones mentioned already, just waisted at least an hour watching them.

Will add the closing scene from The Cincinnati Kid (spoiler alert)

https://youtu.be/UI6pSkIs_tc

And Al Pacinos Speech from Any Given Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭Patser

Church massacre in Kingsmen

Annihilation lighthouse scene

Won’t post clip as spoilerish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Bull McCabe in the priests house. Brilliant.

• Advertisement

the scene in Angela's Ashes where she is emptying the bucket of piss 'n ****.
    you can almost smell it.
    says so much.

OP what have you done, you have us frantic showing clips of our favourite scenes, fair play to you, you have probably caused a few of us to download movies again to watch for the weekend. Seeing that focus has switched to Irish films or films made in Ireland, I think John Mills character in Ryan's Daughter was as good as John Hurt's Bird in The Field.

Moving more toward Scotland and another actress mentioned Emily Watson in Angela's Ashes, her role in the film Breaking The Waves was extraordinary and the way she grasped the Scottish colloquialism and language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Maybe not one of the greatest scenes but definitely one of the greatest final shots:

BL6mkylCQAE9YEC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

The good the bad and the ugly graveyard scene...

This is my favourite movie and this was the scene I was going to say. Its such an epic movie, action and humour and great cinematography all through, building all the time towards the final scenes in the graveyard. Even quite apart from the famous end scene I absolutely love the search for the grave by Eli Wallach, (who for me in his role as the Ugly is the true star of the movie; no small claim opposite the legendary Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef!) where he starts his haphazard dizzying almost goofy running through the cemetery with Ennio Morricones amazing score seemingly driving him. Im thrilled I get an opportunity to see him with his orchestra at 3arena next February :D

Its such fun and all this is building to the iconic three way face off between the titular characters. And that doesn't have a half bad score neither ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭lertsnim

This is my favourite. Even better with a good sound system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Peter Denham

valoren wrote: »
    Arguably the best super hero movie. What's affecting about that scene was that this was Dunn finally finding his purpose which was to protect people. He did what he needed to do in order to prevent the orange man from hurting others going forward. There is no showdown, drawn out battle, quips or one liners. It's simply the hero methodically and deliberately doing what was necessary by choking a psychotic criminal to death while getting thrashed around like a rag doll.

It's a criminally underrated movie. The music in that scene is so powerful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

The Shining, ‘Here’s Johnny’ scene!

https://youtu.be/WDpipB4yehk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

I saw the chase scene from Bullit posted earlier, iconic but let down by poor editing, how many times does the green Beetle appear?

This almost unknown chase from 1971 is one the best ever filmed, co-ordinated by Remy Julienne who had earlier worked on the Italian Job

Blue850 wrote: »
    I saw the chase scene from Bullit posted earlier, iconic but let down by poor editing, how many times does the green Beetle appear?

This almost unknown chase from 1971 is one the best ever filmed, co-ordinated by Remy Julienne who had earlier worked on the Italian Job

Maybe not as well known, but the chase sequences in the Driver (1978) with Ryan O'Neal does it for me, although I do like Bullit too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Three incredible actors there in Lemmon, Pacino and Harris.

Blue850 wrote: »

check out the seven ups, decentbflick but INCREDIBLE chase lasting 8 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

check out the seven ups, decentbflick but INCREDIBLE chase lasting 8 mins

Seven ups is good as is the Pontiac chasing the train in the French Connection. Bullit ,Seven Ups and French connection all feature the same stunt driver/actor Bill Hickman, driver of the black Charger in Bullit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,727 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Saving Private Ryan.

Beach landing scene.

Veterans have stated that it was the closest depiction of that days events that they had ever seen recreated on film.

Also the sniper scene from the same movie!

In fact, the entire movie.

In fact, pretty much everything Spielberg has ever done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement