Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Marketing probably plays into your first point, so that's probably why the returns are advertised ahead of time... Tune in, so and so will be here next week..

I haven't actually checked who's names are behind the spoiler tags, so I'm gonna watch next week and be surprised, and hopefully not let down/disappointed which is something I haven't felt in ages watching WWE..

One warning. One name was already tweeted out by WWE's twitter account, and the other was by Shane's. So I'd say there'll just be a video package tonight to say they are coming back (as opposed to getting that joy of their theme hitting in). Maybe skip tonight's show? Given it's Election Night, it will be easily skippable :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    One warning. One name was already tweeted out by WWE's twitter account, and the other was by Shane's. So I'd say there'll just be a video package tonight to say they are coming back (as opposed to getting that joy of their theme hitting in). Maybe skip tonight's show? Given it's Election Night, it will be easily skippable :P

I've avoided Twitter the last few weeks, think I'm safe enough in regards it being spoiled on me by social media.. I'm skipping tonight's show, watching 5 hours of wrestling 2 nights back to back is overkill.. Don't know why I bothered with RAW last night..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Taping just over here in Glasgow

Taping a Main Event match and then 2 dark matches

Big thing happend regarding team SD for Survivor Series. WOW

My dreams have come true (my first TV tapings). Enjoy the show guys

Edit I think it's actually a match for main event and then a dark match

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Taping just over here in Glasgow

Taping a Main Event match and then 2 dark matches

Big thing happend regarding team SD for Survivor Series. WOW

My dreams have come true (my first TV tapings). Enjoy the show guys

Glad to read you had a great time at both tapings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Please tell me they didn't just put Shane McMahon on Smackdown's survivor series team.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Please tell me they didn't just put Shane McMahon on Smackdown's survivor series team.....:rolleyes:
    Cough cough

In a bar called the box and they have ICW named cocktails

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Cough cough

In a bar called the box and they have ICW named cocktails

Have one in honor of your local hero Joe Hendry don't call Lionheart a fanny tho

Have one in honor of your local hero Joe Hendry don't call Lionheart a fanny tho

On order now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Unfortunately it looks like they did.
    And to make matters worse Corbins injury is apparently kayfabe, would have made more sense to have him walk out seeing as hes the lone wolf after all. Hopefully it's part of a storyline where somebody takes Shane out before the match so Smackdown debut their newest signing whose either from NXT or Sami Zayn if of the rumours of him going to Smackdown are true.

So Kalisto vs Kendrick added to the PPV for the title, and if Kalisto wins, the entire CW division moves to Smackdown. Which seems obviously going to happen, given the 205 Live show will record before Smackdown. Which presumably means the IC title is going to Raw with Sami to replace the CW title. Not a fan of how obvious that makes the results.

Nor a fan of the Shane O Mac announcement or how it was done, or of Corbin being taken out by Kalisto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Brocks gonna take out Shane and Ellisworth takes his place.

So Kalisto vs Kendrick added to the PPV for the title, and if Kalisto wins, the entire CW division moves to Smackdown. Which seems obviously going to happen, given the 205 Live show will record before Smackdown. Which presumably means the IC title is going to Raw with Sami to replace the CW title. Not a fan of how obvious that makes the results.

Nor a fan of the Shane O Mac announcement or how it was done, or of Corbin being taken out by Kalisto.

Think the 205 live is being recorded after Smackdown? Kinda makes a joke outta the cruiserweight if they just suddenly move all ten or so guys to Smackdown because one guy lost the title. Probably make more sense if they made the main five on five a winner gets to choose a guy from the losing team and instead of team Smackdown choosing Kevin Owens and having both belts they offer Owens back to Raw in exchange for the cruiserweights.

Very enjoyable night at SD last night didn't expect to see Shane McMahon or James Ellsworth

Wyatts/Orton vs Ambrose/Kane/Ellsworth Matxh was good, actually liking the Orton/Wyatt partnership but we all knw RKO out of nowhere to Bray is coming !.

Due to hold ups at the bar I missed the natayla vs Naomi match and the Baron Corbin injury.

Nobody cared for Breezdango vs the vuadvillians and Hawkins vs Crews was mediocre at best

Enjoyed the divas title match

They had SD taped in about an 1hr 45 (7.15-8.55). First Main Event match was taped from 7pm and then a second match for Main event was taped after SD. We got 2 dark title matches (ziggler vs the miz and Ambrose vs Styles)

Worth the trip over, another thing off the bucket list of my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Sometimes I miss the days where a heel can just be a heel, so I'm not thrilled with the finish of that women's title match. There's so many ways to make Alexa look strong in defeat, but they go with the finish where the face champ looks fortunate.

It's absurd how over Ellsworth is.

rf29194rtmwx.gif

If James Ellsworth had a chin he wouldn't even be half as over as he is right now.

What started out for him as being mocked by Cole, Graves & Saxton and squashed by Strowman on RAW, James Ellsworth has definitely come along way..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Enjoyed the divas title match

How was the reaction for Becky?

As for the Corbin injury, he didn't miss his footing enough on his first try so it took him 2 tries to appear to trip. At least he didn't go the first time or it would've looked really fake

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How was the reaction for Becky?

As for the Corbin injury, he didn't miss his footing enough on his first try so it took him 2 tries to appear to trip. At least he didn't go the first time or it would've looked really fake

She got a loud enough pop. Same cant be said for Sheamus the night before who was booed a lot (not to mention the amount of booing when they showed Celtic Park on the screens during Raw)

Think Corbin may be released in a year or 2 and might make his name in NJPW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    What started out for him as being mocked by Cole, Graves & Saxton and squashed by Strowman on RAW, James Ellsworth has definitely come along way..

He's grabbing that fabled brass ring! Fair play to him. Hope he enjoys every minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Booker T is tired of the Ellsworth stuff....
    "His Thoughts on James Ellsworth: It is old. I’m tired of seeing James Ellsworth. This kid had one hell of a run, but send him back to the independents. I’ve seen this guy at a convention, I was appalled, but this guy is going to live this run for quite some time. He’s probably getting a good price out there on the Indy show. They’re probably bringing him in as an attraction, but the thing of it is, me personally I’m not a hater, but you must ride it for as long as you can. Look at Hornswoggle, he worked with WWE for 6-7 years, you can’t hate people like that, but you wonder how James Ellsworth fit into the WWE mold? It just makes you wonder. There are people in my Reality of Wrestling just scratching at the door, so when I see Ellsworth, there’s just gotta be a way, but you have to wait your turn, but it’s definitely getting a little old."

Think that's a load of nonsense. If you can get crowd reactions like the above, something is working. It won't last but ride the wave while it does.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

J. Marston wrote: »
    Booker T is tired of the Ellsworth stuff....

Think that's a load of nonsense. If you can get crowd reactions like the above, something is working. It won't last but ride the wave while it does.

I fear there would be more in the back with that line of thinking when really they should continue to listen to the crowd response and book him accordingly. Not saying make him the next D.Bryan but it'd be idiotic to cast him aside now.

WWE have a bad habit of not knowing when to cash in. He absolutely should stick around a little while longer, but there should be a crescendo event where he gets written off for a while, and it should be just before his popularity dips. This being WWE though, they'll drive him into the ground and then keep going.

Think he should be written off at Survivor Series; have Brawn just destroy him. Then have him vanish till the Rumble and give him a surprise entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

WWE have a bad habit of not knowing when to cash in. He absolutely should stick around a little while longer, but there should be a crescendo event where he gets written off for a while, and it should be just before his popularity dips. This being WWE though, they'll drive him into the ground and then keep going.

Think he should be written off at Survivor Series; have Brawn just destroy him. Then have him vanish till the Rumble and give him a surprise entrance.

i think you have to have AJ destroy him with the story they have going. id have him dissapear until mania then bring him out in the andre the giant battle royal

He'll probably get destroyed by Brawn at SS and be missing for a few weeks and show back up just before TLC to get involved in the Styles-Ambrose feud.

Hopefully they have Styles write him off in a cage match or street fight, not even a proper match just a straight up jobber squash gimmick match.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Cutting Edge returns tonight with Team SD also Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz for the IC Title and Taker returns

I wonder will Taker add himself to Team SD maybe taking Shane's place

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Cutting Edge returns tonight with Team SD also Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz for the IC Title and Taker returns

I wonder will Taker add himself to Team SD maybe taking Shane's place

Maybe lay down a challenge to John Cena for Mania but dont think thats wwe plans last i heard taker is too face
    Randy Orton
    at mania 33

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Maybe lay down a challenge to John Cena for Mania but dont think thats wwe plans last i heard taker is too face
    Randy Orton
    at mania 33
    That.... would be underwhelming to say the least.

Wow didn't expect that

Is this the end for Dolph ??

• Advertisement

25 mins left and Still no taker and we have the cutting edge segment to go too ???

Advertisement