Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Get the kittens a Penney's or Dunnes stores paper bag. Hours of endless fun as they hide and mug each other.

Now This Is what I'm talking about!

e91a49f7be6c9dc65c0c5fa2c197fecb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Our cat is extremely boring. She does nothing interesting

Boscoirl wrote: »

They don't need to do anything. They just lounge there, with an equal blend of calculating menace, menace, relaxation and awesomeness.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Boscoirl wrote: »

Mine just sits around watching films.

491156.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

We have 4 feckin cats.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭secman

Just to add a bit of balance.....i fckin HATE cats.

RobFowl wrote: »
    We have 4 feckin cats.....

You say that without a single picture :eek:

See post above to avoid a ban :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

eeeee wrote: »
    You say that without a single picture :eek:

See post above to avoid a ban :D

Alex is the black one and the ginger one is Taylor Swift..

71190395_10156589721818317_5055404694709469184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQn6mn44NNtSTJY696Rqa2pGU2vkEaZqD7hAlB-aS-ciUoSg6vOwKchqTdXhors4Hut2bMsQRsCUJUTEScv6vfcQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=eb70024a3760e5d85c995ab8e5b9d7b0&oe=5E385D44

secman wrote: »
    Just to add a bit of balance.....i fckin HATE cats.

Get out! :P

Awwwwww what glorious little dotes RobFowl.

Does your cat write reviews Colm18?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

We have four cats too. The two fluffy idiots in the picture above, an aloof black cat and a nervous grey and white boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Colm18 - is your cat gloating at the sinking of the Titanic?

Colm18 - is your cat gloating at the sinking of the Titanic?

They appear to be appraising the tragedy.
    Or wishing they could push them all off into the water themselves :eek: :pac:

We used to have have a ferret named Oy when we lived in Dublin. Best pet ever. She was like a puppy that never grew up and super klepto !!! Missing a shoe? It'd be in Oy's stash of treasures behind the sofa :D

We used to have have a ferret named Oy when we lived in Dublin. Best pet ever. She was like a puppy that never grew up and super klepto !!! Missing a shoe? It'd be in Oy's stash of treasures behind the sofa :D

Awwwwwwwwwww! Ferrets are so cute and mischievous. And so intelligent. It's like trying to hold water :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

My dog is mental.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Has anyone ever used Yokozuna reaction cables? Was looking at getting them for some TRP Hy/Rds but they're pricey (guts of 50 quid or more). Have TRP cables unused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Tadej Pogacar turned 21 today! He was born in 1998... I feel old! :pac:

I remember the Tour from that year, and the football World Cup, and I attended my first All-Ireland hurling final

Tadej Pogacar turned 21 today! He was born in 1998... I feel old! :pac:

I remember the Tour from that year, and the football World Cup, and I attended my first All-Ireland hurling final

I got married in 1998....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I feel old! :pac:
    star wars came out 32 years after the end of world war two.
    star wars is now 42 years old.

'nevermind' came out 23 years after the beatles' 'the white album'. 'nevermind' is now 28 years old.

i feel old.

• Advertisement

My favourite cat often sneaks into my room at night. Woke up this morning to this!
    PS She's called Evee

Awwwww!
    Doing important foot warming work there:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

maybe the intended heat flow is in the opposite direction. an unusual approach if so, i'll admit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

College Green deliberately blocked off instead of properly pedestrianised again:

jFJzYj2.jpg

as someone asked on twitter earlier - if those barriers are considered requisite safety equipment for pedestrians when there *aren't* cars on college green, what is required for when there *are*?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I'd say there's good money to be made in the temporary barrier game in this country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,804 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

god bless whoever got to @dublinbus before dublin bus did. that twitter account is brilliant.

They seem to have used the capitalised ninth letter of the alphabet for the fourth character instead of a lower-case twelfth. @dublinbus was taken in 2009, maybe by Dublin Bus to stop anyone else using it?

While there's some cat discussion ...

https://twitter.com/thomasfuchs/status/1175237908736831488

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Would anyone know of somewhere in the Grafton St area that might sell a puncture repair kit? Sad to see all the nearby bike shops have closed or moved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Kurtosis wrote: »
    Would anyone know of somewhere in the Grafton St area that might sell a puncture repair kit? Sad to see all the nearby bike shops have closed or moved.

Camden St. would be the closest I imagine.

Is there a Tiger shop near ? They do them.

i think there may be a tiger shop across the road from the church on aungier street. but camden street is just a little bit farther to walk, and you'll be in a dedicated bike shop.

There's a tiger in Stephen's green and a bike shop on Pearse street across from the library. TK Maxx sometimes have stuff too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Brilliant, thanks all! Didn't realise Tiger did them. Also, despite cycling past Penny Farthing cycles on Camden Street every day, I forgot they existed. Will give them a go if no joy in Tiger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dealz too, but none on the southside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

http://www.dublincity.ie/share-care
    Deputy Lord Mayor Cllr. Tom Brabazon recently launched the new “Share with Care” (“Roinn le Curaim”) signage in Fairview Park. This initiative will promote responsible behaviour and respect between pedestrians and cyclists and if successful will be extended to other parks in the city.

It would be easy to make a whataboutery comment about motorists and cyclists sharing with care, but I won't.

Office mate in an unpleasant way after a car ran onto the main road, looking at phone and she had to emergency break, bike went from under her. Fairly bruised and battered, car drove off, never stopped and possibly didn't even notice. Thankfully the car and cyclist behind stopped to make sure she was OK. Driver of the car barely made the turn as they were trying to type and spin the wheel with at the same time. Thankfully only road rash and bruised ribs and hips.

Happened near work? There are plenty of cameras around there no?

no dashcam footage from the car behind, i guess?

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    Happened near work? There are plenty of cameras around there no?
    Happened on the road between the Dropping Well pub and the old train station just around the corner, after climbing the hill.
    no dashcam footage from the car behind, i guess?
    There is possibly one from the creche across the road.

She talked me through it and I think she made the right call in regards what was happening, it was hit the deck or possibly hit the car at a funny angle. Funny she partly blames herself for a car pulling out in front of her and not paying attention.

so... when are we going to start seeing disc brakes on fixies/single speeds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

tomasrojo wrote: »
    They seem to have used the capitalised ninth letter of the alphabet for the fourth character instead of a lower-case twelfth. @dublinbus was taken in 2009, maybe by Dublin Bus to stop anyone else using it?

Could you not just have said a big I instead of an l rather than making me do my abcs?!?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Could you not just have said a big I instead of an l rather than making me do my abcs?!?!?!

reminds me of this old joke

Teacher: Can anyone give me a sentence beginning with ‘‘I’’?

Student: I is…

Teacher: Never put ‘‘is’’ after an ‘‘I’’. Always put ‘‘am’’ after an ‘‘I’’.

Student: I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

On my browser, the two letters of which you speak look exactly the same,so I tried another tack. Admittedly, I achieved precision without achieving intelligibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

On my browser, the two letters of which you speak look exactly the same,so I tried another tack. Admittedly, I achieved precision without achieving intelligibility.

So you think that we can't read a sentence good like you does?

Admittedly, I achieved precision without achieving intelligibility.
    story of my life, bud.

so... when are we going to start seeing disc brakes on fixies/single speeds?

Never! :D

Ah no disc's on single speeds fine.

But why the flip would you want to have them on a fixie? You have double the amount of brakes on a fixie than a normal bike!

It nearly killed me to put a back brake on my old track bike when I was converting her into my commuter. I have yet to use use it (back brake).

I have disc's on a road bike and mtb, and they are truly excellent.

I don't miss them on the fixie though. 4 brakes!

random thought - i've occasionally seen someone mess up mounting their rear light on the bike, and it ends up being a happy accident in that the light ends up shining back onto an item of clothing, illuminating it.
    i'd be curious as to how visible or eye catching a point source of light is, compared to the same light being bounced off a light item of clothing.
    there might be merit in mounting a rear light, facing forward onto your back, if you've a carrier or similar to mount it to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Found this while tidying today.

Nissan Classic,1992. Climb of Mushera, heading South. Some rider in possibly his first race in Europe after turning pro following the Barcelona Olympics.
    Chunky guy - whatever happened to him?

491654.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement