Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Months free Amazon Prime for Irish Students

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know if Amazon Pantry delivers to Ireland direct if you have Prime?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know if Amazon Pantry delivers to Ireland direct if you have Prime?

No they don't I have Amazon Business even and I cannot buy on it..

Haven't read the whole thread but Prime Video is sh1te..

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭20/20

Truckermal wrote: »

Is there any advantage to Amazon Business ??
    I keep getting messages to take up Business account, but whats the point.?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

20/20 wrote: »

Is there any advantage to Amazon Business ??
    I keep getting messages to take up Business account, but whats the point.?

Yes if you are VAT registered or buy a lot of stuff from Amazon which I do. They so some great deals on stuff you subscribe to and get every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭20/20

20/20 wrote: »

Yes if you are VAT registered or buy a lot of stuff from Amazon which I do. They so some great deals on stuff you subscribe to and get every month.

Thanks for the reply. I have spent a little over £2500 since January. Iam not VAT reg, and noting would be bought monthly. So no need for subscribe and save.
    I guess there is no saving in Business acc for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I managed to sign up for this with my student ID from my local college for my PLC course!

I'm self employed with a VAT number, so i was worried i'd lose this from my account, but i'm happy to say they just changed my account over to the student account. VAT number still there so i'm not getting charged VAT.

RESULT!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Excellent thread. I had just switched from Eir so had lost my prime video. Now I'm back into my Mr. Robot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

homah_7ft wrote: »
    Excellent thread. I had just switched from Eir so had lost my prime video. Now I'm back into my Mr. Robot.

Take a look at Jack Ryan too, I thought it was really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭oEmmao

thanks OP, emailed today with a photo of my College ID, did a 12 week online course before Christmas with an IT, and they signed me up to Student Prime, i had normal Prime :p

:) thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Just interested to know - do all employees of Irish universities get an edu.ie email address ?
    If they applied for Student Prime is the edu.ie email address enough or would they need proof of a course too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Mine expires in 2 weeks. Was a very good BA, but didn't use it all that much. The video selection was ok, but i didn't really use it too much. Ordered a handful of things, but not enough to be worth keeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I am hammering mine out of it for deliveries since lockdown. Getting great value for it.

Does it drop to half or full price when it expires?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

brightkane wrote: »
    I am hammering mine out of it for deliveries since lockdown. Getting great value for it.

Yep, half price for up to 4 years. What kind of stuff are you getting delivered? The most useful would be food and household, but most of that doesn't deliver to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

fjon wrote: »
    Yep, half price for up to 4 years. What kind of stuff are you getting delivered? The most useful would be food and household, but most of that doesn't deliver to Ireland.

Cheers. I must look at my account and see when it expires.

Getting random stuff, mostly for the kids, Lego, Swimming pool, chalk, books. bike pedals, ect. They are watching prime also. Dino Dano is a great hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Mr.S wrote: »
    Forgot I signed up to this, my 6 months have expired but 4 years of half price is nice.

FYI you also get another small discount if you go to cancel, and then chose to pay the year in full.

Great value for the free priority delivery alone, if you make 1 order a month you've basically covered the cost.

you don't have to go to cancel to get the £39 option instead of the £3.99p/m actually, it's just at the top of the page as an option on your prime membership page.

Half price (£3.99 a month)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

Forgot I signed up to this, my 6 months have expired but 4 years of half price is nice.

FYI you also get another small discount if you go to cancel, and then chose to pay the year in full.

Great value for the free priority delivery alone, if you make 1 order a month you've basically covered the cost.

Priority delivery to Ireland isn't happening ATM

Priority delivery to Ireland isn't happening ATM

Still fast enough if in stock. Faster than standard delivery anyway.
    I ordered something march 31 it was here April 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Ogham wrote: »
    Wow - my prime stuff is taking about a week to 10 days for most stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

MoMo2020 wrote: »
    Irish 3rd level students get 6 months free Amazon prime membership (then the next 4 years half price).

I've followed the instructions in the link below and emailed them and got approved!

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/amazon-prime-6-months-free-students.html

Thanks OP, I’m doing a part-time diploma and they accepted that, I just sent the invoice for my course to them and immediately applied the Prime.
    Nice one!

• Advertisement

Thread on here states Amazon are not prioritising Irish orders, happening a few weeks now AFAIK

Ordered 5 days ago/won't be anywhere near me for another 5 at least according to Amazon

I guess it depends on the product, but anything for me has been delivered within a few days.

Mine was an Amazon product - they will always be faster.
    UK deliveries are also taking longer on certain products - which they state on the site all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Mine was an Amazon product - they will always be faster.
    UK deliveries are also taking longer on certain products - which they state on the site all over the place.

Depends on the warehouse the item is located in. If it is in the distribution centre in Liverpool it comes to Ireland quick enough. When it has to move through centres it is slower. Anything from 3-12 days delivery has been my deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

sgarvan wrote: »
    Depends on the warehouse the item is located in. If it is in the distribution centre in Liverpool it comes to Ireland quick enough. When it has to move through centres it is slower. Anything from 3-12 days delivery has been my deliveries.

This, there are multiple FCs in the UK and they are mostly out the door. Most orders are 8days behind normal for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I've found that prime doesn't necessarily have faster delivery, but faster dispatching. Once it's been dispatched its usually pretty quick either way but non prime seems to take a lot longer to get through the FCs

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

I am a Prime member for years. Be aware that from start of May dispatch times have suddenly gone to ****e and they have added 5 to 10 days to dispatch times to Ireland and a lot of sold by amazon and fulfilled by amazon items are no longer available to Irish addresses. This is a new development. Dispatch times to parcel motel are still normal for exact same items from same fulfillment centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

It seems to me that prime is pointless at the moment, I've cancelled mine. Only one delivery option is available at checkout and it takes 7-10 days for things to dispatch. I'd be pretty sure this would be the same without prime, prime usually is it's own delivery rate.

But yesterday I ordered a power bank delivered to address pal, and it has multiple delivery options and dispatched in a few hours, so I think they have decided to give reduced priority to Ireland for whatever reason

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Same experience here. A router I ordered hadn't been dispatched after a week so I cancelled as they had it in Curry's for the same price.

What's Parcel Motel like at the moment? I know they go to sh1te at busy times so I'd stopped using them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The killer for me is, i have to have my items delivered to Ireland, i can't use Motel/Wizard/AddressPal as i get the items VAT free once it's delivered to and Irish Address.

Waiting over 14 days for some items that i have ordered.

Advertisement