Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should all Guards be armed?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Gerry G wrote:
    No I'm not in the force .

That's good. Goodnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭pale rider

Andrew00 wrote: »
    When there's 3 armed scum raiding your home at 2am and you call the guards they're terrified to come out. They take up to an hour to come to the scene

I had occasion to call the guards when I had two men whispering at the rear of my house in the wee hours in my enclosed garden, they walked on gravel which alerted me, the guards were with me in minutes.

They are very stretched but far as I know respond to all calls in the same way regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

pale rider wrote: »
    I had occasion to call the guards when I had two men whispering at the rear of my house in the wee hours in my enclosed garden, they walked on gravel which alerted me, the guards were with me in minutes.

They are very stretched but far as I know respond to all calls in the same way regardless.

I had reason to ring them in the last month. They arrived 4 hours later explaining that they had been dealing with some arrested person in the station. I asked them where were the other guards and was told that they were the only car covering 4 towns with a total population of about 6500 thousand people. Madness. I asked wht would happen of I had burglars in my house and they told me that the response time prob wouldn't be much better

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod: Replies must be on topic for this thread to continue, please and thanks.

-Shield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Tazers should be made available to most at the very least.

Actual guns not to all as I said but more are and will be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tomas81

The lad was/is a criminal though and didn't follow a lawful order.....

He had left a cinema with his partner which has been proven he was having sex in the car like a kids do and this happened.

Tomas81 wrote: »
    He had left a cinema with his partner which has been proven he was having sex in the car like a kids do and this happened.

You're clutching at straws now

Hilarious

• Advertisement

Rubbish.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Rubbish.

He's been talking rubbish all through the thread. Complete bluff merchant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Yes, they all should have guns, but most wont want them.

pa990 wrote: »
    Yes, they all should have guns, but most wont want them.

I'd say they'd rather face today's criminal with a gun rather than without

Advertisement