Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 toddlers dead after been left in car overnight.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

It was reported that her friends asked her to bring the children into the house, and she refused.

Fair enough, I missed that bit.

Nah, her friends tried, and you're likely right, they weren't sure enough to be intervening in someone else's family. And the fault is ultimately hers, not anyone else's.

Godawful consequences though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,290 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I hate these stories.

These are the real adverts for pro choice. This woman should never have been gifted with children and these children should never have been cursed with such a selfish careless b!tch.

Did not one person leave the house to even have a look in the window of the car? Not one!? Not one thought that leaving the kids in the car overnight might be dangerous..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

lawred2 wrote: »
    I hate these stories.

These are the real adverts for pro choice. This woman should never have been gifted with children and these children should never have been cursed with such a selfish careless b!tch.
    I'm completely anti abortion except where medically needed. But it is situation s like this that bring me closer to being on the fence. There are loads of people out there that I wouldn't let have a wheelbarrow let alone a child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

the guy who left his child in the car here on the hottest day is not going to be prosecuted. how is this any different to this woman?
    pity they don't legislate for stupidity.

Ultimately they are both cases of neglect... it's just that one appears to be a far worse example than the other!

People trying to convince themselves that the two cases are nothing alike, are quite frankly deluded and naive! There are different degrees of neglect... that is the only real difference we see here!
    Wow. You're not gonna win any medals for sensitivity anyway

Yeah, because that's what matters most in this PC bs liberal fantasy land we inhabit... right??

Sensitivity before truth... Heaven forbid that forcing people to face the harsh reality of a given situation, might hurt a few feelings, bruise a few egos or bring about a moment or two of reflection or introspection!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

I hate these stories.

I think they're more an advert for some people not being allowed to keep their babies after they're born. There are genuinely some children who would be better off being adopted.

Ultimately they are both cases of neglect... it's just that one appears to be a far worse example than the other!

People trying to convince themselves that the two cases are nothing alike, are quite frankly deluded and naive! There are different degrees of neglect... that is the only real difference we see here!

Yeah, because that's what matters most in this PC bs liberal fantasy land we inhabit... right??

Sensitivity before truth... Heaven forbid that forcing people to face the harsh reality of a given situation, might hurt a few feelings, bruise a few egos or bring about a moment or two of reflection or introspection!?

One was deliberate, the other was a tragic mistake. I hope, if you ever make a genuine mistake with serious consequences you receive more kindness and understanding than you're prepared to dish out to others.

I think they're more an advert for some people not being allowed to keep their babies after they're born. There are genuinely some children who would be better off being adopted.

an advert for saving children from such people by whatever means

One was deliberate, the other was a tragic mistake. I hope, if you ever make a genuine mistake with serious consequences you receive more kindness and understanding than you're prepared to dish out to others.

I'm not devoid of kindness.

It just frustrates me that so many people like to shield themselves from many of the harsh realities and truths of this life...

And this forum is just a microcosm of the lives that so many are living in general.

Discussions often get shut down around here, simply to protect certain people's delicate constitutions...

And to add insult, many of the people that are not actually afraid to discuss these difficult emotive subjects... we get labelled as insensitive or trolls or crass etc.

Just because some people like to live in their safe little bubbles, doesn't mean we should all be forced to inhabit that same world...

Surely there is a place for kindness and understanding, while also not completely shutting down a worthwhile debate??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

It just frustrates me that so many people like to shield themselves from many of the harsh realities and truths of this life...

And this forum is just a microcosm of the lives that so many are living in general.

Discussions often get shut down around here, simply to protect certain people's delicate constitutions...

And to add insult, many of the people that are not actually afraid to discuss these difficult emotive subjects... we get labelled as insensitive or trolls or crass etc.

Just because some people like to live in their safe little bubbles, doesn't mean we should all be forced to inhabit that same world...

Surely there is a place for kindness and understanding, while also not completely shutting down a worthwhile debate??

This is a load of rubbish and completely irrelevant to this thread. It's not about political correctness at all, so don't bother trying to turn the discussion into something it isn't.

My post that you quoted was made in response to somebody mentioning a toddler dying was caused by stupidity, when it was in fact a tragic accident and not comparable to this case.

• Advertisement

They get shut down to stop people from making unfair or even slanderous comments about other people's situations.

This is a load of rubbish and completely irrelevant to this thread. It's not about political correctness at all, so don't bother trying to turn the discussion into something it isn't.

My post that you quoted was made in response to somebody mentioning a toddler dying was caused by stupidity, when it was in fact a tragic accident and not comparable to this case.

Of course the two are comparable... just because that makes you uncomfortable, doesn't make it any less of a reality!

And you responded to that post by calling into question an element of the poster's character, rather than addressing the point. Even if you disagree with the comparison... automatically assuming that they must lack sensitivity, is wrong.

It is PC... your comment, as mod, shows that upholding a certain image around here, is more important than actually allowing a real serious debate to take place. Feelings before truth... Image over substance!
    They get shut down to stop people from making unfair or even slanderous comments about other people's situations.

If that's what you wanna believe... it's not the reality of what I see around here. This place only wants soft debates. Once anything controversial breaks out, where there is a minority that hold perfectly legitimate, but often unpopular, views... those discussions are often shut down very quickly!!

Certain people are afraid to discuss certain issues, and this site frequently panders to their wishes over and above the need to actually have a worthwhile discussion. The ostriches, with their head's in the sand, get to set the agenda and decide what does and doesn't get discussed. Stamp your feet, throw a hissy fit... and the mods close the discussion! It's pathetic... but that's the world we now live in, sadly!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Poor, poor little things. :( Pure wanton neglect by their immature mother who should never have had children in her care in the first place.

Throw the book at her.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Did not one person leave the house to even have a look in the window of the car? Not one!? Not one thought that leaving the kids in the car overnight might be dangerous..

One of the friends slept in the car with the kids for a while and others told the mother to bring the kids inside and she refused.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    One of the friends slept in the car with the kids for a while and others told the mother to bring the kids inside and she refused.

wtf

How did this progress to the point of the kids dying then?

And she didn't even take them to a hospital until the day after... The poor things. Where were her parents? Where was the father?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Of course the two are comparable... just because that makes you uncomfortable, doesn't make it any less of a reality!

And you responded to that post by calling into question an element of the poster's character, rather than addressing the point. Even if you disagree with the comparison... automatically assuming that they must lack sensitivity, is wrong.

It is PC... your comment, as mod, shows that upholding a certain image around here, is more important than actually allowing a real serious debate to take place. Feelings before truth... Image over substance!

I'm not uncomfortable with you saying the two cases are comparable. I am saying you are wrong. The only thing in common between both cases was children dying after being left in a car.

One was an accident, the other was not. One was intentional, the other was not. One was caused by neglect, the other was not. If you cannot acknowledge that, then I don't know what else to say.

Also, I am only a mod in this forum when moderating. Nothing about image. If you see anything wrong with my moderation, either address it with me over PM or take it to a CMod. Discussion of moderation on thread ends here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

wtf

How did this progress to the point of the kids dying then?

And she didn't even take them to a hospital until the day after... The poor things. Where were her parents? Where was the father?

Well she said no to the kids coming into the house, they were in the car for about 15hours. She took them to the hospital the next day and claimed they fell ill when they sniffed flowers in the local park.
    It doesnt really matter where her parents were tbh because as a parent she is responsible (Well she wasn't very responsible in this matter) for the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

They're comparable in the most simplistic way possible.

It's bemusing that you can't see that accidentally leaving a child in a car while you're at work is different to intentionally leaving them in a car all night despite being urged by your friends not to, and then lying to hospital staff about what happened.

How can you not see that?

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Well she said no to the kids coming into the house, they were in the car for about 15hours. She took them to the hospital the next day and claimed they fell ill when they sniffed flowers in the local park.
    It doesnt really matter where her parents were tbh because as a parent she is responsible (Well she wasn't very responsible in this matter) for the children.

I'm not passing blame to anyone if that's what you think I was doing.. I'm just amazed that there wasn't even one single person near to her with a strong enough character to demand that she do the right thing..

There were numerous missed opportunities.

Sad. Really sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I feel physically sick reading that story. It's heart breaking. The poor kids. I wish I hadn't read that story :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

As a father of two young kids, I find it very upsetting reading these stories. Truly horrific behaviour from a supposed adult putting themselves first ahead of their kids.

What a truly, truly deplorable way to treat two young, innocent children which, sadly, ended with both of them losing their lives through no mistake of their own.

It's hard not to think of those kids in the car - terrified and alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

It's hard not to think of those kids in the car - terrified and alone.

An utterly heartbreaking thought :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Having spent time in Texas and experiencing 40 c heat and humidity, I can only imagine what those poor kids endured.
    Sickening.

If that's what you wanna believe... it's not the reality of what I see around here. This place only wants soft debates. Once anything controversial breaks out, where there is a minority that hold perfectly legitimate, but often unpopular, views... those discussions are often shut down very quickly!!

Certain people are afraid to discuss certain issues, and this site frequently panders to their wishes over and above the need to actually have a worthwhile discussion. The ostriches, with their head's in the sand, get to set the agenda and decide what does and doesn't get discussed. Stamp your feet, throw a hissy fit... and the mods close the discussion! It's pathetic... but that's the world we now live in, sadly!

One simple question. If the father in the Tipp case was reminded that his baby was in the car at any time in the morning, do you think he would have stayed working and ignored her? Because that is a very clear and stark indication of the motives at play in the US case.

If you think yes, he would have stayed on and ignored any warning, he did not care for his child, at least you are being consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I can't believe anyone would compare this case of obvious neglect to the tragic accident that happened in Tipperary. Like comparing chalk and cheese and a huge insult to the family of the little baby to even try and draw a link.

Rest in peace little ones.

I'm not passing blame to anyone if that's what you think I was doing.. I'm just amazed that there wasn't even one single person near to her with a strong enough character to demand that she do the right thing..

There were numerous missed opportunities.

Sad. Really sad.

Ah no i got ya man, its just a heartbreaking story. I can't understand how anyone could do that to their own children :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,241 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

eviltwin wrote: »
    I can't believe anyone would compare this case of obvious neglect to the tragic accident that happened in Tipperary. Like comparing chalk and cheese and a huge insult to the family of the little baby to even try and draw a link.

Rest in peace little ones.

I think it is because both were child fatalities caused by being left in a car by a parent so naturally comparisons will be made

RIP little angels in both cases, some people should not have kids :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

100 years in jail without the possibility of parole, or the death penalty.

Only two things this cunt deserves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Sapphire3

Shocking and heartbreaking. Some people should be sterilised!

Advertisement