Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RBO filing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭J.Ryan

the reply I got

Thank you for your email, we are experiencing some technical difficulties our ICT team are working to resolve the issue, we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please keep records of these attempts to file before the deadline (keep screen shots of errors for example).

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

J.Ryan wrote: »
    the reply I got

Thank you for your email, we are experiencing some technical difficulties our ICT team are working to resolve the issue, we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please keep records of these attempts to file before the deadline (keep screen shots of errors for example).

Regards

Their ICT team have their latest equipment on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

the automated replys from RBO saying deadline midnight Monday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Any updates on what the fees are for late filing and if they are being implemented?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

On this, has anyone has a reply from RBO via email in your account?

There isn't a phone contact correct? Rang the CRO before and got "we aren't trained in that area"

A submission made was rejected on non correlating info with DEASP records, though they never said whose records were the ones that didn't correlate. They emailed to say they would write to the person to advise which info didn't correlate, but that was on Nov 21st and nothing from them since

Anyone else have a similar situation?

Just an update on this from an email I got from the CRO :-

"The number of companies which had registered their beneficial ownership details
    with the RBO at the end of January 2020 was 175,000 or 79% of the total due to file,
    and the number of industrial and provident societies which had registered was 549 (57%).

The RBO remains open to accept filings from companies and societies (relevant entities)
    which have not yet filed their beneficial ownership details.

If a relevant entity does not file with the RBO, it may be guilty of an offence and be
    liable on summary conviction to a Class A fine of up to 5,000 euro and on conviction on
    indictment to a fine of up to 500,000 euro.

Relevant entities which have not already filed with the RBO are advised to do so
    as a matter of urgency in order to avoid prosecution.

Newly incorporated entities are reminded that they must file their beneficial
    ownership details with the RBO within five months of incorporation.

Filing must be done online at www.rbo.gov.ie and there are no paper forms or
    filing fees.

For more information and FAQs, visit www.rbo.gov.ie"

Stratvs wrote: »
    Just an update on this from an email I got from the CRO :-

"The number of companies which had registered their beneficial ownership details
    with the RBO at the end of January 2020 was 175,000 or 79% of the total due to file,
    and the number of industrial and provident societies which had registered was 549 (57%).

The RBO remains open to accept filings from companies and societies (relevant entities)
    which have not yet filed their beneficial ownership details.

If a relevant entity does not file with the RBO, it may be guilty of an offence and be
    liable on summary conviction to a Class A fine of up to 5,000 euro and on conviction on
    indictment to a fine of up to 500,000 euro.

Relevant entities which have not already filed with the RBO are advised to do so
    as a matter of urgency in order to avoid prosecution.

Newly incorporated entities are reminded that they must file their beneficial
    ownership details with the RBO within five months of incorporation.

Filing must be done online at www.rbo.gov.ie and there are no paper forms or
    filing fees.

For more information and FAQs, visit www.rbo.gov.ie"

Out of interest what are you charging for this, we’re on 350 plus vat.

Out of interest what are you charging for this, we’re on 350 plus vat.
    Several of the company formation houses sent out emails to say they'd do the RBO filing for around €150-200+VAT.

Given the rates quoted from stuff that came in from several co. sec. providers, I went with €150+V for single member €200+V for two dir/member and one came in at €300+V. They were all done by original due date so going forward it's just a note in the Co. Sec. prog to review annually. These were all cases which I get good repeat acs work from anyway ( some for 20+ years ) so I was not going to go mad on them.

Given the rates quoted from stuff that came in from several co. sec. providers, I went with €150+V for single member €200+V for two dir/member and one came in at €300+V. They were all done by original due date so going forward it's just a note in the Co. Sec. prog to review annually. These were all cases which I get good repeat acs work from anyway ( some for 20+ years ) so I was not going to go mad on them.

Yes but the company formation houses are a flat pack service. You shouldn’t be aligning your fees with theirs because they offer a completely different service. With them you buy a service off the shelf with no questions or follow up support. With them you fill out the form and send it back anything else and the computer says no. If you’re like us then there are probably follow up questions, gathering the data pps numbers, addresses etc. I expect you do a lot of that for the client so why charge the same or a little bit more for a superior service, your clients will never value what you do if you keep giving it away for free? The repeat fees argument has been the downfall of accountants for years “oh I get repeat business so I’ll charge a mickey mouse fee” and you keep chasing your tail year after year being a glorified secretary to you clients running errands rather than charging for your expertise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement